Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing The DEVILLE Swivel (aka "A-51")

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Introducing The DEVILLE Swivel (aka "A-51")

    SWIVEL UPDATE: JANUARY 3, 2013


    I just want anyone reading this thread to know that I sold the last Deville A-51 on December 20, 2012. Thanks to all of you who have ordered one.

    NOTE: I have a limited supply of A-51's in the "Seconds" drawer in the workshop. They are fully functional, but they're the un-pretty ones. The swivel base has a blemish, or maybe even a typo on it. I hand-stamp the name into the base, and every once in awhile, I would stamp an upside-down letter or something. If you really want this particular style, I usually offer these at a discount.

    BUT, we have re-designed our other swivel – the No.13.
    It will be available for purchase on a very appropriate date:
    01-13-13
    (January 13, 2013).


    You are welcome to email me before January 13th and I can put you on the Waiting List.

    Here is the re-vamped No.13 swivel.
    Because of the simpler design, I am able to offer it for less!

    You can contact me through the forum via Private Message,
    BUT, the best way to contact me is through my Deville Swivel email address:

    DevilleSwivels@gmail.com




    Bag on!!!











    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

    SWIVEL UPDATE FOR MAY 2012:

    I have a new email address for the Deville Swivels.
    I can be reached right here on the forum through the Private Messaging on my MsDeville Profile Page,
    OR
    I can be contacted at:

    DEVILLESWIVELS@GMAIL.COM


    Please contact me anytime for pricing and shipping information and I will get back to you asap!

    Thanks!

    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



    As you know, I've been working on a swivel design with "Trainer Raul" (my s.o.). Because of Raul's 50+ years of boxing/speed bagging experience, we felt that we could come up with a pretty good design for a swivel.

    We have been tweaking them here and there for the past several weeks, and have changed some of the materials. Our biggest hurdle was figuring out how to make the S-hook. Raul has figured out a pretty consistent way of making them now.

    So, I think we have finally achieved our goal: to produce a swivel that is smooth, fast, and relatively quiet. And it's… a little different.

    I've posted a few videos on the forum showing examples of how it performs on my metal platform, the concrete platform, and also the vertical platform. Personally, I'm totally pleased with it. Especially since I changed out the carabiner with the s-hooks that Raul is fabricating.

    So, we are now moving forward with this and have sent out a few prototypes to some of our premiere speed baggers here on the forum. I was thrilled to get positive feedback from each of them. Thanks Alan, Tim, Skunk, and novaspeedbagger and I invite all of you to give your impression of the swivel.

    So, I'm posting at this time to see if there is enough interest in this swivel to continue making them. Right now, we have 20 swivels left in this first batch to offer at a special price. I wish I could give them away, but, there is a lot of time, labor and material invested. I know Jumpcannon can relate to this. His custom swivels are a classic design and worth every penny.

    Anyway, if anyone is interested in one, please PM me and I'll get back to you.

    Here are the links showing the swivel:

    Metal Platform:




    Concrete platform (Raul painted this one black):





    Vertical Platform:



    Last edited by MsDeville; 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM. Reason: Upated swivel information as of JANUARY 3, 2013
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

  • #2
    I would like a few..

    Hello Ms. Deville
    I am interested, I sent you P.M. or you can e-mail me direct at gfysinvermont@gmail.com Thanks Chris

    P.S. that stands for Go Find Yourself In Vermont, not the other "F" that is frequently used! Yes,I get a lot of questions about that......
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.......Bruce Lee

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice, looks like quality work

      Comment


      • #4
        MsDeville!!! Great punch drumming!!! And great Vert Punch Drumming!
        I like how the clock in the background is turned 90 degrees to the left... kind of throws off the perception a bit... haha...
        I would like to purchase one of your Swivs....
        What would the difference be between a Caribiner and S hook?
        You can PM me with price details and all that Paypal or Check mailing stuff..
        Thanks!
        BAG ON!

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks Dee for allowing me to Punch up one of your test models, and I can tell the group it is a very fast and efficient ballhook. I've never seen or used anything quite like it for there is NO NOISE from the swivel construction and the only sounds are the bag hitting the board.

          If you're looking for a fast, efficient Ballhook Swivel by all means this will fill your needs.

          Thanks Dee and Raul for a great addition to the speed bag equipment family.

          I also think the name "Deville Swivel" is good, cause it will help cut your " Bible Style Baggin' " down to size, and that
          makes DEE The "Barber of Deville". or maybe it's Raul who is "The Barber of Deville" but either way, it's from Deville.

          Last edited by Speedbag; 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM.
          Speed Bag

          Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

          THE 10th Year Reunion!

          sigpic

          The Art of the Bag

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CMP View Post
            Hello Ms. Deville
            I am interested, I sent you P.M. or you can e-mail me direct at gfysinvermont@gmail.com Thanks Chris

            P.S. that stands for Go Find Yourself In Vermont, not the other "F" that is frequently used! Yes,I get a lot of questions about that......
            I'll bet you do get a lot of comments... btw, I would love to go find myself in Vermont... especially in the fall. I hear it's beautiful that time of year.

            And, thanks so much for the order! I'll keep you posted as to when I mail them out.


            Originally posted by southtexaskevin View Post
            Nice, looks like quality work
            Thanks, Kevin. Raul does good work. (He's been in construction all his life and really enjoys coming up with new ways to build things.) Oh, and I received your PM and replied back. I'll wait to hear back from you.



            Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
            MsDeville!!! Great punch drumming!!! And great Vert Punch Drumming!
            I like how the clock in the background is turned 90 degrees to the left... kind of throws off the perception a bit... haha...
            I would like to purchase one of your Swivs....
            What would the difference be between a Caribiner and S hook?
            You can PM me with price details and all that Paypal or Check mailing stuff..
            Thanks!
            BAG ON!
            Thanks, Brian. If I keep it simple, the vertical bagging is really addictive and lots of fun. It seems to be easier on the shoulders...
            RE: the swivels... (I got your PM). The swivel comes with an S-hook, but if someone wanted just the swivel and I-bolt/brass ball, that's do-able. I'll have to check with Raul regarding the difference in cost.


            Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Thanks Dee for allowing me to Punch up one of your test models, and I can tell the group it is a very fast and efficient ballhook. I've never seen or used anything quite like it for there is NO NOISE from the swivel construction and the only sounds are the bag hitting the board.

            If you're looking for a fast, efficient Ballhook Swivel by all means this will fill your needs.

            Thanks Dee and Raul for a great addition to the speed bag equipment family.

            I also think the name "Deville Swivel" is good, cause it will help cut your " Bible Style Baggin' " down to size, and that
            makes DEE The "Barber of Deville". or maybe it's Raul who is "The Barber of Deville" but either way, it's from Deville.

            Thanks so much for the glowing review, Alan! I'll make sure that Raul sees this thread...

            I guess I will stick with the name DEVILLE, and maybe this particular model will be the "A-51." Yes, I'm sure that down the road, Raul is going to come up with some more models. As a matter of fact, he's working on a special design right now. And, then there's the illuminated prototype that he made. I've had two inquiries about that particular one on my YouTube channel!
            Last edited by MsDeville; 02-12-2012, 03:03 PM. Reason: added info.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              I'll bet you do get a lot of comments... btw, I would love to go find myself in Vermont... especially in the fall. I hear it's beautiful that time of year.

              And, thanks so much for the order! I'll keep you posted as to when I mail them out.




              Thanks, Kevin. Raul does good work. (He's been in construction all his life and really enjoys coming up with new ways to build things.) Oh, and I received your PM and replied back. I'll wait to hear back from you.





              Thanks, Brian. If I keep it simple, the vertical bagging is really addictive and lots of fun. It seems to be easier on the shoulders...
              RE: the swivels... (I got your PM). The swivel comes with an S-hook, but if someone wanted just the swivel and I-bolt/brass ball, that's do-able. I'll have to check with Raul regarding the difference in cost.




              Thanks so much for the glowing review, Alan! I'll make sure that Raul sees this thread...

              I guess I will stick with the name DEVILLE, and maybe this particular model will be the "A-51." Yes, I'm sure that down the road, Raul is going to come up with some more models. As a matter of fact, he's working on a special design right now. And, then there's the illuminated prototype that he made. I've had two inquiries about that particular one on my YouTube channel!
              If you are going to have "model numbers" you might offer three alternatives

              1: Just the metal ball with eyeshank attached (no S hook or Caribener)

              A-51 bare

              2: The metal ballhook with an "S" hook

              A-51-S

              3. the Metal ballhook with a caribener attachement

              A-51-C

              Just a thought if you're going to be offering options.
              Speed Bag

              Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

              THE 10th Year Reunion!

              sigpic

              The Art of the Bag

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                If you are going to have "model numbers" you might offer three alternatives

                1: Just the metal ball with eyeshank attached (no S hook or Caribener)

                A-51 bare

                2: The metal ballhook with an "S" hook

                A-51-S

                3. the Metal ballhook with a caribener attachement

                A-51-C

                Just a thought if you're going to be offering options.

                Good idea, Alan. Thanks for the suggestions!
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

                Comment


                • #9
                  What are you going to do with your other swivels that you don't use?


                  Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                  As you know, I've been working on a swivel design with "Trainer Raul" (my s.o.). Because of Raul's 50+ years of boxing/speed bagging experience, we felt that we could come up with a pretty good design for a swivel.

                  We have been tweaking them here and there for the past several weeks, and have changed some of the materials. Our biggest hurdle was figuring out how to make the S-hook. Raul has figured out a pretty consistent way of making them now.

                  So, I think we have finally achieved our goal: to produce a swivel that is smooth, fast, and relatively quiet. And it's… a little different.

                  I've posted a few videos on the forum showing examples of how it performs on my metal platform, the concrete platform, and also the vertical platform. Personally, I'm totally pleased with it. Especially since I changed out the carabiner with the s-hooks that Raul is fabricating.

                  So, we are now moving forward with this and have sent out a few prototypes to some of our premiere speed baggers here on the forum. I was thrilled to get positive feedback from each of them. Thanks Alan, Tim, Skunk, and novaspeedbagger and I invite all of you to give your impression of the swivel.

                  So, I'm posting at this time to see if there is enough interest in this swivel to continue making them. Right now, we have 20 swivels left in this first batch to offer at a special price. I wish I could give them away, but, there is a lot of time, labor and material invested. I know Jumpcannon can relate to this. His custom swivels are a classic design and worth every penny.

                  Anyway, if anyone is interested in one, please PM me and I'll get back to you.

                  Here are the links showing the swivel:

                  Metal Platform:




                  Concrete platform (Raul painted this one black):





                  Vertical Platform:



                  Last edited by Gozzee; 02-12-2012, 04:38 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gozzee View Post
                    What are you going to do with your other swivels that you don't use?
                    If you mean my old swivels, from Everlast, original prototypes, etc.? We will most likely hold on to them, for now. And, I'll never let loose of my Powermill. Even though I don't use it often for punch-drumming, it's a classic.
                    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                      If you mean my old swivels, from Everlast, original prototypes, etc.? We will most likely hold on to them, for now. And, I'll never let loose of my Powermill. Even though I don't use it often for punch-drumming, it's a classic.
                      i prefer u bolts.

                      much smoother and easier to control

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gozzee View Post
                        i prefer u bolts.

                        much smoother and easier to control
                        Yes, I agree, it is definitely smoother and easier to control on the basic boxing punches. I preferred the U-bolt for my first 6 months or so. I thought there wasn't anything better than a U-bolt. But, I kept reading about the benefits of the S-hook for the fancier punching and took the plunge. It took me a little while to adjust, but once I learned how to control it, I fell in love with it.

                        The drawback of using the u-bolt for what I do, is that it tends to rattle a lot and I had a hard time controlling my elbow punches. (Well, my Everlast U-bolt was noisy.) Which brand do you have? How long have you been using the speed bag?

                        Here is a video of me punch-drumming at 6 months in, on a U-bolt. This was pre-SpeedB.A.G. 2010, so it's pretty rough:



                        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is my swivel: Pro "Grant" style Swivel


                          https://www.profightshop.com/pro-gra...85&cPath=6_140



                          in the vid did you hear any noise come directly from the swivel?
                          Didn't think so and it sounds the same for me but im not as fast as pac obviously


                          Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                          Yes, I agree, it is definitely smoother and easier to control on the basic boxing punches. I preferred the U-bolt for my first 6 months or so. I thought there wasn't anything better than a U-bolt. But, I kept reading about the benefits of the S-hook for the fancier punching and took the plunge. It took me a little while to adjust, but once I learned how to control it, I fell in love with it.

                          The drawback of using the u-bolt for what I do, is that it tends to rattle a lot and I had a hard time controlling my elbow punches. (Well, my Everlast U-bolt was noisy.) Which brand do you have? How long have you been using the speed bag?

                          Here is a video of me punch-drumming at 6 months in, on a U-bolt. This was pre-SpeedB.A.G. 2010, so it's pretty rough:



                          Last edited by Gozzee; 02-12-2012, 11:43 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gozzee View Post
                            in the vid did you hear any noise come directly from the swivel?
                            Didn't think so and it sounds the same for me but im not as fast as pac obviously
                            U-bolts are definitely quiet, but consistently hitting side punches is somewhat tricky on many u-bolt models, which is why a lot of "bible style" punchers prefer ball hooks.

                            Here's some Deville swivel, I like it a lot. I used the zip tie that came with it to attach the bag which makes for a wicked fast short rebound, especially with a small 8x5 bag (that's a Pro-Mex)

                            Last edited by Tim; 02-12-2012, 08:47 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Good lordy thats fast baggin Tim!
                              I'd love one of those awesome swivs MsD. : ]]
                              I work online so all my money is tied in paypal if that would work.
                              Do they come in purple?!
                              Last edited by tjgonz; 02-12-2012, 11:18 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X