X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southtexaskevin
    • Jan 2012

mesquite drum?

Just wanted to ask if mesquite would be a good choice for a drum. I found a small business that makes furniture out of mesquite and gave them a call about a 24x2 drum. They haven't called back yet, but if the price is right Im thinking about it. I'm in the process of constructing a custom platform, and have been on the lookout for anything I can make a drum out of, but no luck so far.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

It would be a great looking drum, and since they make flooring out of it, I would think it's plenty hard. Will you let us know what price they quote you?

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by southtexaskevin View Post
      Just wanted to ask if mesquite would be a good choice for a drum. I found a small business that makes furniture out of mesquite and gave them a call about a 24x2 drum. They haven't called back yet, but if the price is right Im thinking about it. I'm in the process of constructing a custom platform, and have been on the lookout for anything I can make a drum out of, but no luck so far.
      A little about Mesquite wood.

Sounds great but I'd be afraid it would attact longhorns.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• southtexaskevin
        • Jan 2012

Sounds great but I'd be afraid it would attact longhorns. [/QUOTE]

Haha wouldn't that be some bagging video...

Still no word from them, but with it being everywhere down here I wouldn't imagine it being very expensive. I think it would make a nice drum with the history it has in south Texas. I was thinking maybe going bigger than 24, but just asked about a 24 first, I will ask the difference in price when they call, and will let Yall know.

http://m.facebook.com/home.php?__use...ser=1785886327 here is a table, although I wouldn't go with the red color

Comment

• wtmm31
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2012

Sounds like a good idea...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...