• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PDXBAGGER
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2011

Custom Bags.

Recently ran across this link for a guy Sergio Garibay who makes really cool custom leather boxing gear. I'd never heard of him but he makes all those cool mitts and shields for Freddie Roach and Pacquiao you see on 24/7.. etc.

His slideshow also displays some pretty cool looking custom bags. Id never seen a custom one before. wonder how they hit?.. They sure look nice. Bet they cost a few bucks....Anyway pretty cool, thought id share if someone had not done so already..

PDX

• ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Those bags look really nice.

Huge loop.

It looks like he DIDN'T put welting in the seams. for some reason. maybe to keep the weight, and or price lower. His price for materials that is. or maybe he felt his seams didn't need the added strength.

Triple stitched seams with leather welting, and knowing the builder uses high quality durable leathers makes a buyer feel good about the purchase. at least it makes this buyer feel good. It also looks like the builder takes pride in his work, by the details of these bags. however i think a person would have to inspect the bag closely, and take it for about a 4 month test drive

I would try one if the price was right, you never know, they could be awesome.
    But as of now my favorite bag only costs $39.99. I'm happy with that.

Comment

• Hannibal
      • Dec 2010

Lets just say Freddy Roach and many others have used this man. His material is not very flashy looking, but when I visited wildcard I had a chance to see one of his speed bags. They are on a different level then cleto and other bags. The triple stitching is something you just don't see anymore.

Comment

• ebozyn
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2010

Manufactured with triple stitched leather welted seams

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Lets just say Freddy Roach and many others have used this man. His material is not very flashy looking, but when I visited wildcard I had a chance to see one of his speed bags. They are on a different level then cleto and other bags. The triple stitching is something you just don't see anymore.
        If i remember correctly Freddy Roach worked for Title Boxing at one point (he did some instructional videos in association with Title), I'm sure he knows alot of the bags they sell have triple stitched seams.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hannibal
          • Dec 2010

Yes he did some work for TItle Boxing, but didn't ever work for them. He has been coaching since 86 I think. Anyways, the seams, the quality of leather, and detail is what impresses me about these bags. You can have all the 39.99 bags in the world, but if at all possible if I have the money I would surely pay triple for one of these. Even before I would pay the outrageous price of a Cleto bag, which is mostly what you pay to own a cleto product. Not for the actual quality of the bag, and from personal experience I will not buy a Cleto again. Just like Casanova, Zepol, Flores, and Campeon. Many people don't know about these types of craftsman stateside or abroad, but the stitching and leather quality of this mans work is on another level. That is really what I was getting at. You don't see craftsmanship like this anymore. You can't really compare your conveyor belt 39.99 bags to a hand crafted piece of equipment. It's like comparing Title Boxing gloves to my Winning 14 oz all black (sorry I like them a lot). Haha.

Comment

• PDXBAGGER
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2011

Sorry Ralph, its one of those slideshow things and I cant seem to pull the images off. He doesn't seem to have a website up either, just this random collection of slides someone posted on a boxing forum. If I can find another photo of the bags ill post em and PM ya.

PDX

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
              can someone post a pic of the bag or bags. i can't seem to get access to that website to check out what they look like. thanks...ralph
              SergSergio Garibay Bags

No problem. Screen shot of desktop with website, paste into picture editor, crop and adjust as desired .

Attached Files
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                SergSergio Garibay Bags

No problem. Screen shot of desktop with website, paste into picture editor, crop and adjust as desired .

These look cool. Like you would bag them with your Benelli. As Curly of The Three Stooges would say, "Look at the grouse".

Comment

• Bag Man
                  • Jan 2011

The folks at Shevlin also make high quality equipment and would custom fbricate to specifications. I'm more familar with their bag gloves though.

"He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Here's a few pics of them at wildcard. You can see the Sergio bag hanging in the background, with lots of Title boxing bags. I have seen PPacquiao hitting the Title yellow 8x5 in numerous clips of him. Never saw him or anyone else I remember, hitting a Sergio bag. But I just image there are awesome bags by the look and craftsmanship involved.
                    Attached Files
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dogtoke
                      • Jun 2008

Made in USA

"Made in USA??!!!?? Did I read that right. I know where I'll be getting my next bag..God Blessem

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...