• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    You been letting your pet porcupine bag again, or is it just your raw power on the bag? I should be so lucky as to pop a bladder.
    No porcupines...it's just my luck (that's why I don't gamble)!

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
    I just replaced my Ringside 6x9's bladder with a Medium Latex bladder from Title. I love my Ringside even more, it's "spring-ier" and feels more lively. Comparing the two bladders, the Ringside latex was thinner and had multiple seams, the Title bladder is thicker and has no seams except around the valve stem. I like it!
    See, the new Ringside bladder I replaced mine with didn't have seams either? You can see it in my video....but the original bladder in the NOS Ringside was heavy and full of seams, you can see pictures of that in my photo albums.(http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/album.php?u=1661)

A tip- when I replace inner tubes on my triathlon bike tires I put a light coating of baby powder on the rubber inner tube - it keeps the inner tube rubber from adhering to the inside of the tire. An old road biker trick that might help?? Just something I thought I'd throw out there-- works on my bikes, figure it'd be the same with speed bags?
    A tip designed to help fix a flat fast...but might help some how. (I used to be a bike mechanic, certified Schwinn, Fuji & Cannondale )
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• spd20
      • Apr 2011

Great vid and thread as always, Zaza.

Comment

• Amoore061
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Feb 2012

My initial reaction before watching this video was:
        1)So there is rubber cement used
        2) how the hell is he going to do this in under 8 minutes.

Thanks for the tutorial!!!!
        Have changed many a bladder and this makes it yet, even easier!
        What editing software do you use?

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Amoore061 View Post
          My initial reaction before watching this video was:
          1)So there is rubber cement used
          2) how the hell is he going to do this in under 8 minutes.

Thanks for the tutorial!!!!
          Have changed many a bladder and this makes it yet, even easier!
          What editing software do you use?
          Glad you liked it!
          I edited it in Vegas Pro 9.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Everlast plastic bladders have a nasty habit of blowing out the seams, from personal experience and what others have told me. I did have one that had developed a thin spot that let go. I really miss the old TufWear latex rubber bladders. They lasted a long time, and usually they only had to be replaced when the valve eventually failed.
            Absolutely right. I opened more than a few Gyro 4200's to see the red plastic bladder and try to patch it with a tire patch crossed over the seam rip of hole.

If a seam patch worked at all, it Never lasted for long.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Johnny O
              • Apr 2011

Plastic Bladder

I picked up an older Everlast bag that was not holding air, so I opened it up and found this plastic bladder inside.

I wonder if Speed Bag Mike was the previous owner?
              Attached Files

Comment

• ozzy
                • Mar 2015

Hi ZaZa,

Great video - so useful as I have a bladder to replace on my double end bag and this is my first try at replacing a bladder. One thing I'm not sure of is the use of the rubber cement - the Ringside video for replacing a bladder doesn't use the rubber cement, would you advise that I use the rubber cement on my double end bag and if so could you tell me the name of the rubber cement that you use?

Hope you can help me with this. All the best - ozzy

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ozzy View Post
                  Hi ZaZa,

Great video - so useful as I have a bladder to replace on my double end bag and this is my first try at replacing a bladder. One thing I'm not sure of is the use of the rubber cement - the Ringside video for replacing a bladder doesn't use the rubber cement, would you advise that I use the rubber cement on my double end bag and if so could you tell me the name of the rubber cement that you use?

Hope you can help me with this. All the best - ozzy
                  The rubber cement is an easy way to help hold the nipple in place and comes off easily, but you don't HAVE to use it. If you do, any brand will work...I believe I used "ELMER's".
                  Hope that helps....

Comment

• ozzy
                    • Mar 2015

Thanks ZaZa - As I'm a newbie to fixing bladders I'm still psyching myself up before making a start lol - I'm sure everything will go okay, appreciate the help. Cheers - ozzy.

UPDATE:

Hi ZaZa,
                    Well, when I eventually got into my deb the bladder was split right down a seam - and this was a brand new unused deb from Forza Sports in the States.

I've tried all day to remove the old bladder's round bit of cloth-like material that was at the base of the valve, it's stuck to the square piece of leather and won't budge. Do I really need to get this stuff off before I glue the new bladder into place, and if so have you any suggestions to help take the stuff off - it would be a big help.

Cheers - ozzy
                    Last edited by ozzy; 07-14-2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...