• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Half size bags

I like how some of the bags sold as the same size, are different actual sizes. Are some of these speed bag companies using elastic tapes measures?

I do enjoy hitting some of these "half sized bags" as i like to call them.

The 7x10 Pro Mex is one of these half size bags, and an interesting bag to hit. It's almost as small as the Title Standard Pro 5x8, but i find that it moves at a speed that is in between a 6x9 and a 7x10.

A lot of times i take the 5x8 Title Pro, and the 7x10 Pro Mex out for the same practice session. I'll be practicing with the 5x8, and if i want to work on a combo at a little slower pace, but i don't want to change bag size, the Pro Mex gives me the unique opportunity of practicing in "Slow motion" with a 5x8-ish sized bag. I do this all the time, and it works really well for how i like work on combos, and moves.

Keep On Baggin'
    Attached Files
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

I think maybe the Title Classic 6x9s, and 5x8s fall into this half size bag category too.

I don't own any of the Title classics yet. but i have read on this forum that their sizes run a little smaller than the Title Standard Pros
    Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
      I think maybe the Title Classic 6x9s, and 5x8s fall into this half size bag category too.

I don't own any of the Title classics yet. but i have read on this forum that their sizes run a little smaller than the Title Standard Pros
      True. I have several of each and they are smaller than the standard bag sizes. Unfortunately the longer bag strap gives them pretty equal rebound arcs.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Allentown
        • Oct 2010

Ebozyn = Which is one is your fastest bag out of your picture?

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
          Ebozyn = Which is one is your fastest bag out of your picture?
          I find the Title Standard 5x8 to be the quickest of these Four, with the Ringside 6x9 coming in a very close second.

Fastest to Slowest, as i found them:

1 The Title Standard 5x8
          2 The Ringside RPSB 6x9
          3 The Title Standard 6x9
          4 The Pro Mex 7x10

Bag on, and on
          Attached Files

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

[QUOTE=Speedbag;29016]True. I have several of each and they are smaller than the standard bag sizes. Unfortunately the longer bag strap gives them pretty equal rebound arcs.[/QUOTE

I have to get a few of these Title Classics Alan.
            You can't really go wrong with these bags can you
            You get a nice leather speed bag for $19.99

Take Care Alan. You are, with out a doubt, THE MAN.
            Attached Files

Comment

• ExEODCDR
              • Apr 2011

That's good info! Thanks. I'm looking at widening my speed bag arsenal and have been looking at a couple of the Title bags and a few others. I agree with the elastic tape measure theory!
              -
              Owner/Operator
              www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...