X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssdvc
    • Oct 2010

Everlast Issues?

I started out with all Everlast equipment. It was all I knew. I have an old Everlast Heavy bag, some old school heavy and speed bag gloves, a fixed platform (my first speed bag platform) and various size bags, all Everlast. Hell, I even have a few old Everlast t shirts I wear.

Well, so far, since the beginning of this year, I have gone through three (on my third now) recently purchased speed bags and a pair of gloves. Two of the bags were the synthetic blue Ta:M bags (purchased 2010) and one all leather 4210 (I think 2010, maybe late 2009). The Ta:M's have and are coming apart at the seams, but it is the panel material that is ripping apart, NOT the seam stitching. The 4210 came apart due to seam failure.

I have another 4210 that I have had for a longer period of time and that bag seems to be holding up very well. I don't over inflate and I do properly care for the bags surfaces. I have purchased other bags and equipment from various other manufactures including Title, Ringside and Rival and have not had ANY problems with them.

Also, I emailed Everlast's customer service. Their web site says they will respond back in 48 hours. It has been twice that long and still no response. Either they are overloaded with equipment failure complaints or they just don't care about their customers. Either way, not a good sign. It's a shame too, because I "liked" their equipment, especially that Ta:M bag (I just really did like it).

I am now spending my money elsewhere as I am afraid of Everlast's current and future quality issues. Has anyone had these or any other issues with Everlast or have I just had a run of bad bag luck??

Just wondering out loud.
    ________
    Roll A Joint
    Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:29 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ssdvc View Post
    I started out with all Everlast equipment. It was all I knew. I have an old Everlast Heavy bag, some old school heavy and speed bag gloves, a fixed platform (my first speed bag platform) and various size bags, all Everlast. Hell, I even have a few old Everlast t shirts I wear.

Well, so far, since the beginning of this year, I have gone through three (on my third now) recently purchased speed bags and a pair of gloves. Two of the bags were the synthetic blue Ta:M bags (purchased 2010) and one all leather 4210 (I think 2010, maybe late 2009). The Ta:M's have and are coming apart at the seams, but it is the panel material that is ripping apart, NOT the seam stitching. The 4210 came apart due to seam failure.

I have another 4210 that I have had for a longer period of time and that bag seems to be holding up very well. I don't over inflate and I do properly care for the bags surfaces. I have purchased other bags and equipment from various other manufactures including Title, Ringside and Rival and have not had ANY problems with them.

Also, I emailed Everlast's customer service. Their web site says they will respond back in 48 hours. It has been twice that long and still no response. Either they are overloaded with equipment failure complaints or they just don't care about their customers. Either way, not a good sign. It's a shame too, because I "liked" their equipment, especially that Ta:M bag (I just really did like it).

I am now spending my money elsewhere as I am afraid of Everlast's current and future quality issues. Has anyone had these or any other issues with Everlast or have I just had a run of bad bag luck??

Just wondering out loud.
    I can't speak to their customer service since I haven't contacted them personally about equipment in many years, but most feed back (email via my website and this forum...) I've heard of in the last few years has be fairly negative, with the exception of their Black & Yellow 6x4 bag, which many forum members got and liked (when it was available). Skunk uses them a lot and they seem to hold up well. But that is about the only bag that has got good reviews that I remember in the past few years. Most of their last swivels, boards and bags have continuously changed or disappeared from the market. Can't really say why except the obvious reasons. ( they don't make money?). You can probably find some their older bags on ebay or craiglists.

Try TitleBoxing Brand.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 03-21-2011, 07:25 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• skyle
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2011

My Everlast Elite bag turned to crap in 2 weeks. One of the panels is all cracked up. Very poor quality leather. I called them, but they said since I didn't purchase it from them they would do nothing. My solution is I will never buy anything with the Everlast name on it.

Comment

• 08speed3
        • Dec 2010

I have 5 of their speedbags, 2- rawhide <--SUCKS!! one solid week of training & the bag was splitting @ the seams!! (I actually called & complained about the bag. I had to fax over my receipt. Then they sent me a replacement bag, which on arrival had a hole in the bag.) Bad customer service! Got 1-Everlast Elite bag which lasted 3 weeks. Now i use it as a slipbag! I also have 2- gold & black 6x4 which i enjoy to use & wish they continued making them. I read some good reviews about the new Everlast Kangaroo bag in this forum & i'll probly pick up a couple in the future. I also have a 100# Everlast Heavybag & a 7" Everlast double end bag which are holding up well. Even bought 2 of their gloves which i dont really care for. Thats what i get for buying El cheapo's. lol! I cant forget My Everlast adjustable speedbag platform. Which is sufficient enough. I hear the more expensive gloves/ equipment is of better quality. Im not to sure if i want to buy anything else from Everlast other then the Kangaroo Speedbag.
        Overall there is way better brands out there. But shipping for me sucks big time!! Although, it will be worth it in the long run. As you can see I will be buying all new equipment in the coming months! I cant wait!!!
        Last edited by 08speed3; 03-22-2011, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

coincidence? i think not.

I have never owned an everlast speed bag, however, I did a little research there bags, and the company.
          As mentioned before, people seem to like the CP:xs black & gold 6x4, I have looked at several
          photos on this forum of these bags, and noticed that in more than a few cases, the
          black leather panels start to crack up.
          Now in my research of the company i found, as most people already know, everlast seems to be based
          in New York, New York. And if the problem is with the leather they use, where are they getting their
          hides? who is their supplier? So i researched further, and found an interesting little fact. You may, or may not have heard that in past years new york has had a huge problem with their sewer rat population.
          i found that the discontinuation of several everlast speed bags, and the lowering of the sewer rat population
          to be Very curious. and that the correlation between these two facts may not just be coincidence.

a sewer rat's diet consists of mostly raw sewage, and eachother, so the next time you're hitting your everlast bag, and smell something funny it may not be the bean dip you just ate.
          Last edited by ebozyn; 03-22-2011, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Their kangaroo bag is fine, but Everlast should be protecting their name a lot better. Seems to me that hydro-strike platform is an example of a company out of touch with speed bagging.

Most speed bags are coming from anonymous factories in Asia these days, hard to think of any of these brand name companies as little more than distributors of low price goods sold at mid-range prices. Some do a much better job of it.

Cleto Reyes and a few others are still the real deal. Cleto costs, but Cleto delivers. Jim Bradley, too, so I'm told.

Comment

• Avadia
              • Nov 2010

Overall, I have found that Everlast's quality sucks. There is very little I can recommend from them. Certainly not the stuff you buy from the national sporting goods chains. But I will say that the Everlast Pro Kangaroo bag is an awesome bag. The hide is light weight, but tough as nails, and the bag has a nice feel and a great rebound. Just about every other product I have bought from Everlast has been of poor quality. I would hesitate to buy anything else from them without a solid recommendation from a trusted source.

Comment

• Allentown
                • Oct 2010

I concur. Everlast has been on the downside for their speed bags as well as their heavy bags. They seem to fall a part compared to their older products from the 80's.

Comment

• jumpcannon
                  Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

so many people own everlast products because thats what the sporting goods store supplies. if your purchasing from the internet than everybody should buy a different product. one of the best things about this forum is learning what not to buy.
                  evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Allentown
                    • Oct 2010

I agree Jumpcannon

That is why I now buy the products from Title & Ringside

Comment

• larted
                      • Mar 2009

I think Everlast has gone like so many other brands into marketing as their first priority. They are owned by a UK company(Sports Direct) the same people that owns Lonsdale. It reminds me of Nike. If you find a pair of shoes you like then it's best to buy more than one pair because they will change often. That said I still like their bags. Sometimes you have to hit them to get them balanced and sometimes they don't last.

Comment

• steelinhome
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jul 2011

This might sum up part of the discussion.
                        I have an Everlast 4200, red leather,"gyro-balanced", hidden welt, MADE IN USA.
                        Recently bought an Everlast (no-number) black leather w/ yellow lace, hidden welt, MADE IN CHINA. Seems ok, but time will tell re: overall quality; the bag surface is starting to show wear already.
                        Live to ride. Ride to live. Right to life.

Comment

• spd20
                          • Apr 2011

I have an Everlast Chainlink Everlast CP Professional Swivel. I also have an Everlast Te:M Elite Speed Bag.

The bag okay. The string came undone and the bottom is flaking off. It needs to be inflated every time I hit now.

The swivel is horrible imho.

To be fair, I'm a beginner and I also have nothing to compare them to.

Look forward to receiving a swivel from "jumpcannon" and then trying to figure out which new bag to get after that.

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

I have been having bladder problems with my cp:xs. This is the third time I have had to patch or replace it. The leather started cracking from day one but it hut nice so I endured. My ta:s has some of the surface wearing off but it still hits nice. However, my Title 10x7 has been with me since 2003 and it hits and looks great. I'll definitely be ordering more Title and fighting sports products when my wallet permits. Evelast has joined the list of corporate entities that want to save money by outsourcing but the end result? Dissatisfied customers back home. Not good for company that is synonymous with boxing since any of us can remember. Sorry Skunk.
                            sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

My Everlast kangaroo 8x5 bag burst a seam. Not a good thing, it was my favorite bag.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...