Powermill Swivel...too fast for its own good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
    thank you Mr A. Kahn. X . i know the U has limitations but when hit at the right angle it will dance anyway you ask it to. someone gotta represent the U! Scissorhands
    You are a great rep for it. I've seen very few that control it with the speed and power that you do. But then again, that is the power of the scissors!.

X!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I feel your frustration, man. I've had a couple friends ask me to teach them to hit the bag, just enough to get them started. So I spent the time explaining the basic principles, and which platform to get, and all about this forum and Alan's book. I also gave each one of them a Watkins ball/hook (since I switched to the Powermill), and explained that the ball/hook is more challenging at first, but is definitely the swivel you want to be using. I specifically told them, Do Not Go To The Store and Buy One of The Other Swivels. And do not buy a cheapo bag either, but to order a Title or Ringside.

Well, both went and bought chainlink swivels, because "something was wrong with THAT SWIVEL I gave them, it went all over the place everytime they hit it." And one of them bought the cheap Vinyl Everlast bag, and the heavybag/speedbag stand combo. Everything I told them not to do.

One of my cousins actually heeded my advice, and got a Balazs with a Title bag, and the Everlast Ball/hook, and he loves it. I can't stand when ignorant people ask for advice, then completely disregard it.

Comment

• cliff
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
        Yours has a miniature motor installed in the ball. i didnt wanna say anything.....but it runs off of a small nuclear cell i implanted in it. It makes it super fast! lol
        lol - i knew something had to be up

Comment

• baggins
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by aad03 View Post

One of my cousins actually heeded my advice, and got a Balazs with a Title bag, and the Everlast Ball/hook, and he loves it. I can't stand when ignorant people ask for advice, then completely disregard it.
          Ha. You should get some new friends :-) Ignoring advice about speedbagging tsk tsk.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...