looking to upgrade to a smaller faster bag..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by freshane View Post
    someone must have tried that title bag.. anyone??
    Yes, I have one in 8x5 and it is excellent. Highly recommended. Built well with a nice energetic rebound. You will have to beat down the seams a bit, but it doesn't take too much to do that.

Here it is in action:
    Last edited by Tim; 02-25-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Dude, Tim your skills are insane. Your double bumping, side punching, and elbow strikes are definitely your own unique style. This video makes me want that bag too. When are you going to compile your own "Speed Bag History" video?

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
        Dude, Tim your skills are insane. Your double bumping, side punching, and elbow strikes are definitely your own unique style. This video makes me want that bag too. When are you going to compile your own "Speed Bag History" video?
        Thanks man. The secrets of my success are: 1) I practice A LOT and 2) I try to learn (steal!) every bit i can from everyone who posts videos, and 3) I've read the bible (SPEED BAG BIBLE!) front to back and I crack open the bible regularly and work on the exercises. The exercises in the bible will force you to try things you aren't comfortable with.. then you start coming up with ideas... then before you know it you're double bumping and side punching like a wild man.

I'm hoping to have a mind blowing Atomic Platinum XXS video out soon... people say that bag is too small and light.. but it is NOT ... with enough practice I can do damn near everything I can do on a big 8x5 on that teensy tiny 6x4, at a very high speed. One of these days I'll make a speed bag history video.

Looking forward to bagging with you at SB II this June...

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Tim's bag skills have improved like 5 million percent since I first met him. He, Skunk and I spent a day together in Orlando, Florida in May 2007. Both have taken their skills supersonic since that day. Skunk was smokin' fast then, but slo compared to now. He's in his own universe.

Tim has improved in ALL areas: control, speed and degree of difficulty. Now he makes very difficult combinations look like childs play. His .gif avatar is amazing. If we could get him dancing and feeling the beat he'd be a top punch drummer also. I know it's in there somewhere.....
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            I'm hoping to have a mind blowing Atomic Platinum XXS video out soon... people say that bag is too small and light.. but it is NOT ... with enough practice I can do damn near everything I can do on a big 8x5 on that teensy tiny 6x4, at a very high speed...
            I hope I'm not one of those that implied that it was too small or light. I find it a challenge and am happy to have it in my arsenal. That XXS bag mocks me which is a good thing. Seeing Rhi hit it so well made me swallow my gum. Yikes.

I have the 8x5 Atomic on my Powermill right now. I think you said you need to spend some time with these Atomics before throwing in the towel, which sounds right to me.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Those 7x4 NOS Ringsides are awesome, IMO. The rounder of the two, like that picture I posted in the NOS Ringside thread. Can someone post a photo of the Atomic XXS next to a 7x4 NOS Ringside? I'm interested in trying the Atomic, just want a better idea of how small the XXS really is. Thanks.

Comment

• Avadia
                • Nov 2010

I just ordered one of these rounder 7x4's from Ralph. I already have the longer banana-shaped one. Looking forward to trying the rounder version.

Comment

• Bagster
                  • Feb 2011

Those 7x4 NOS Ringsides are awesome, IMO. The rounder of the two, like that picture I posted in the NOS Ringside thread. Can someone post a photo of the Atomic XXS next to a 7x4 NOS Ringside? I'm interested in trying the Atomic, just want a better idea of how small the XXS really is. Thanks.
                  Here ya go aad03. Both ringside 7x4's and the xxs Title Atomic.
                  Attached Files
                  Bagster

Comment

• freshane
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Nov 2010

Wow Tim, thats crazy!! Thanks for the vid and info on that bag. Can't wait to try it out.

I also ordered a 7x4 ringside from Ralph, also heard really good things about it. I didn't know there were 2 different versions of the 7x4, which one is better??

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                      I hope I'm not one of those that implied that it was too small or light. I find it a challenge and am happy to have it in my arsenal. That XXS bag mocks me which is a good thing.
                      Haha, in all honesty I didn't have any particular individual in mind when I posted that... I've seen a few people vent frustration or call it unsatisfying (which is certainly subjective and I would agree as well , it's an incredily ego deflating moment when you first hang it up and hit on it!), but I just want to get the word out that it's challenging and the rewards can be great ... you just have to put the time in to get a feel for it. It certainly is more challenging than a larger or heavier bag (as you have noted).

Again, that comment wasn't meant for anyone in particular nor was it meant to be a derogatory statement.

Seeing Rhi hit it so well made me swallow my gum. Yikes.
                      That and the pull-ups... I gotta work on those

Comment

• freshane
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Nov 2010

Got my Ringside 7x4 in the mail yesterday from Ralph. I couldn't believe how small this thing is lol. I Really like hitting this bag, took no time adjusting going from a 10x7 everlast elite. I find I am able to do a lot of things easier with this bag.

Since this is my first time using a small bag like this.. just was wondering a few things. I tried different air pressures but it seems like I have to hit this bag harder to get a better rebound out of it compared to my bigger bag. I pumped it up quite a bit, but found it hurted my hands too much. Is this normal for smaller bags?? I really felt a better workout in my shoulders, and how you have to be more precise with your punches. I'm very happy with my purchase, definately recommend these bags. High quality and great service.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by freshane View Post
                          Got my Ringside 7x4 in the mail yesterday from Ralph. I couldn't believe how small this thing is lol. I Really like hitting this bag, took no time adjusting going from a 10x7 everlast elite. I find I am able to do a lot of things easier with this bag.

Since this is my first time using a small bag like this.. just was wondering a few things. I tried different air pressures but it seems like I have to hit this bag harder to get a better rebound out of it compared to my bigger bag. I pumped it up quite a bit, but found it hurted my hands too much. Is this normal for smaller bags?? I really felt a better workout in my shoulders, and how you have to be more precise with your punches. I'm very happy with my purchase, definately recommend these bags. High quality and great service.
                          Different bags have a different feel, that's part of the fun (and the reason I have 20+ different bags!). Keep working with it, you'll get a feel for it. It should never have so much air it hurts your hands... so definitely let some air back out.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...