looking to upgrade to a smaller faster bag..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freshane
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2010

looking to upgrade to a smaller faster bag..

I recently got my own platform, its an adjustable everlast elite that came with a elite all black 10x7 speedbag and pro swivel. I really like this bag but I want to upgrade to a faster smaller bag. The one I really wanted to get was the one a lot of you guys mention that was sold at walmart the black/yellow everlast. I don't think its available anymore. Seems like theres not many bags available from everlast or title. The only one I am interested in currently is an XS Title Gyro bag which is black/red/gold. Looks really nice, I've read you need to break it in pretty good cause the red seams stick out a lil and cause it to go off track. Any of you guys want to sell a new spare black/yellow xs everlast?? Or recommend something on the market currently?? Many Thanks
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

The Ringside XS is about as small as they come. I don't have a Title Platinum Atomic, but I hear they are pretty sweet. They have an XS and an XXS.

Comment

• Avadia
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by freshane View Post
      Or recommend something on the market currently?? Many Thanks
      If you want a small bag that is really fast and has a great rebound, I highly recommend the 5x8 Everlast Professional Kangaroo Bag. I have over a dozen quality bags and it is by far my favorite. Super fast bag. Light, but doesn't feel like you are punching thin air, like the Title Atomics. It's a little steep at $60 bucks, but well worth it in my opinion. In fact, I like it so much that I went ahead and ordered the 6x9 version as well. Should be here any day now.

Another nice small bag is the NOS Ringside 4x7 that Frank sells, if he still has any left. There is a thread on this forum about the NOS Ringside bags. It is a steal at the price Frank is charging.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
        If you want a small bag that is really fast and has a great rebound, I highly recommend the 5x8 Everlast Professional Kangaroo Bag. I have over a dozen quality bags and it is by far my favorite....
        The Everlast Professional Kangaroo 5x8 gives the most smile for the money. Combat Sports has it for $49, but it's over $60 when you add shipping,

http://www.combatsports.com/Everlast-Professional-Kangaroo-Speed-Bag/productinfo/EVPKSB/

Actually got mine on sale from them. Next time they go on sale, I'll get more.

Comment

• skyle
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2011

Have you had any problems with the leather cracking on the kangaroo bag. My Everlast elite has one panel that cracked like crazy within 2 weeks.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by skyle View Post
            Have you had any problems with the leather cracking on the kangaroo bag.
            No.

Comment

• freshane
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2010

i sent Frank a pm, be nice to get one of those. Is the everlast kangaroo similar to the everlast black/yellow bag they were selling at walmart?? I read that a lot of ppl liked the weight of it and it was fast. I don't want to get something thats too light feeling. What was the sale price that you got the kangaroo bag for?? It looks similar to my elite bag.

Is there any kinda of leather moisturizer that I could use to prevent the bag from cracking?? my elite bag is cracking a lil. Thanks again for all the help

Comment

• Avadia
                • Nov 2010

The leather on the elite bags seems to be of very poor quality because most of them develop really bad cracking on multiple panels. The Kangaroo bag is a whole different beast. Very high quality leather, with a nice feel, and absolutely no cracking. The 5x8 Kangaroo is much smaller, lighter, and faster than the TE:M elite bag. But it is not too light. Totally agree with Paranday -- most smile for the money. I can't wait for my 6x9 to get here to compare how it feels in a larger size. The Ringside bags from Frank are nice bags too. Very high quality leather and construction. You can't go wrong with them, especially at that price. But that 7x4 is really small and pretty light.

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

... What was the sale price that you got the kangaroo bag for??
                  From the invoice:

ITEM# DESCRIPTION QTY TOTAL
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  EVPKSBBLACK8X5 Everlast Professional Kangaroo Speed Ba1 $39.99
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SUB TOTAL: $39.99
                  TAX: $0.00
                  SHIPPING: $10.95 Ground Shipping - Residential
                  ORDER TOTAL: $50.94

- - - - end invoice - - - -

The "ground shipping" was FedEx.

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I recently got my own platform, its an adjustable everlast elite that came with a elite all black 10x7 speedbag and pro swivel. I really like this bag but I want to upgrade to a faster smaller bag. The one I really wanted to get was the one a lot of you guys mention that was sold at walmart the black/yellow everlast. I don't think its available anymore. Seems like theres not many bags available from everlast or title. The only one I am interested in currently is an XS Title Gyro bag which is black/red/gold. Looks really nice, I've read you need to break it in pretty good cause the red seams stick out a lil and cause it to go off track. Any of you guys want to sell a new spare black/yellow xs everlast?? Or recommend something on the market currently?? Many Thanks
                    Hi! welcome to the forum. The Everlast Black/Gold is indeed no longer available, at least from Walmart. It is a great size, weight , and is very affordable. There are many other bags that are still available that are just as good, in my opinion. Hard to find one in the same size and weight, but there are plenty of good bags available. Some of the last ones I got from Walmart didn't last long, seams split, severe cracking etc. I've still got a few, but in all honesty I wouldn't sell them because the quality is so spotty.

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                    The Ringside XS is about as small as they come. I don't have a Title Platinum Atomic, but I hear they are pretty sweet. They have an XS and an XXS.
                    I've been told the Rival XXS is the smallest bag that currently can be bought. Nobody in the US sells it, you have to get it direct from Rival: http://www.rivalboxing.com/en/punchi...p17531515.html You can't tell in the picture, but it is SMALL, even smaller than the Platinum Atomic XXS.

Comment

• freshane
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Nov 2010

Looks like I won't be buying a bag from combat sports or everlast.com Shipping is $50 to Canada!! Everlast canadian website doesn't have anything good. I checked out the title site and they carry a few different bags I really like this one http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...speed-bag.html Anyone know if this title bag is any good?? Probably go for the 8x5 since frank is out of those. And title website only charges $15 for shipping which isn't too bad. I might purchase the 4x7 ringside bag as well that Frank is selling.

Do you guys put any kind of moisturizer on your speed bags to prevent them from cracking??

I really don't care if the quality of the everlast black/gold back isn't that good, seemed like a lot of ppl liked it. If anyone wants to sell one of those hit me up. I'm looking for a new one tho. Thanks
                      Last edited by freshane; 02-19-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• freshane
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Nov 2010

someone must have tried that title bag.. anyone??

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

Here are some comments about it:

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
                          I recently bought a Title -Gyro balanced (9X6) bag and I like it a lot.
                          Originally posted by riqal View Post
                          Also, Bags need time to break in. My title gyro balanced was a disappointment at first. But it has finally broken in enough to where there is a noticeable improvement in performance.
                          Here is the Title gyro balanced 8x5. I bought this bag hoping it would be like my old everlast gyro balanced 4204 (it also was an 8x5). This bag is not like it. It is heavier on the hands, and a bit of a slow moving bag (although that could be the swivels fault -the plastic ballhook is not the fastes swivel). Anyway, this bag is built well, like my tuf-wear. But I don't know what in the hell is so gyro-balanced about it. My 4200 is also gyro-balanced and it is completely different (in a better way). My first impression is not too thrilled, but I will give the bag some time, and maybe a different swivel will help. By the way, this 8x5 bag is smaller than the everlast 8x5 bag.
                          Okay, so I pumped a little more air in the bag and gave it a good beating, and it was moving a little faster. The rebounds are good and the leather is soft. This is actually a good bag, and it is even smaller than the everlast 6x4.
                          I was disappointed at first because I was expecting a smaller version of my 4200. I still think this bag is a tuf-wear in disguise.

Comment

• freshane
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Nov 2010

Thanks, appreciate that Think I'll pick one up

Comment

• Avadia
                              • Nov 2010

I own the Title Gyro bag in a 9x6 and haven't been that impressed with it. It is very stiff and doesn't seem to have a great bounce. I have quite a few other bags I prefer to that one. But after reading some of the posts above, maybe I just haven't hit on it enough to break it in.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...