• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Title Gyro Balanced 8x5

Here is the Title gyro balanced 8x5. I bought this bag hoping it would be like my old everlast gyro balanced 4204 (it also was an 8x5). This bag is not like it. It is heavier on the hands, and a bit of a slow moving bag (although that could be the swivels fault -the plastic ballhook is not the fastes swivel). Anyway, this bag is built well, like my tuf-wear. But I don't know what in the hell is so gyro-balanced about it. My 4200 is also gyro-balanced and it is completely different (in a better way). My first impression is not too thrilled, but I will give the bag some time, and maybe a different swivel will help. By the way, this 8x5 bag is smaller than the everlast 8x5 bag.
    [ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	92494[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Okay, so I pumped a little more air in the bag and gave it a good beating, and it was moving a little faster. The rebounds are good and the leather is soft. This is actually a good bag, and it is even smaller than the everlast 6x4.
    I was disappointed at first because I was expecting a smaller version of my 4200. I still think this bag is a tuf-wear in disguise.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
      Here is the Title gyro balanced 8x5. I bought this bag hoping it would be like my old everlast gyro balanced 4204 (it also was an 8x5). This bag is not like it. It is heavier on the hands, and a bit of a slow moving bag (although that could be the swivels fault -the plastic ballhook is not the fastes swivel). Anyway, this bag is built well, like my tuf-wear. But I don't know what in the hell is so gyro-balanced about it. My 4200 is also gyro-balanced and it is completely different (in a better way). My first impression is not too thrilled, but I will give the bag some time, and maybe a different swivel will help. By the way, this 8x5 bag is smaller than the everlast 8x5 bag.
      [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]864[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
      I hit the everlast gyro balanced 4200 with the red plastic beaded seam (like this one) for many years and I found that I had to slightly overinflate it to get the panels out enough to flatten the red beaded seam. Otherwise the seam was always up on a slight ridge that screwed up the recoil and rebound angles. Once the seams got beaten down around the board/fist contact point it seemed to get a bit better, but a new bag always took a bit of breaking in. That also helped punch out some "warping" of the bag when first inflated, and that happened a lot.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...