Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spd20
    • Apr 2011

Sent out on a Wednesday and received it two days later. Definitely a sweet looking and solid swivel. The only other swivel I've ever used is a chainlink Everlast swivel. I popped the Powermill in and the transition for mounting was seamless (fits the same holes). In terms of hitting, the transition was also (surprisingly) not a problem at all. I hit on it for about 5-10 minutes with a few tricks and it went incredibly well. I was tapering off my sessions because I could not stand my former swivel. This Powermill has got me right back in the game again!

Thanks jumpcannon. I'm definitely grateful for your design. I can finally be rid of the Everlast swivel. Every new member should be pointed to this thread so that they can start out on the proper product path. Do it right the first time!

Comment

• R3Wood
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by spd20 View Post
      Thanks jumpcannon. I'm definitely grateful for your design. I can finally be rid of the Everlast swivel. Every new member should be pointed to this thread so that they can start out on the proper product path. Do it right the first time!
      Ditto!

Comment

• freshane
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2010

Received the swivel today and all the extra goodies. Great guy to deal with, definately purchase another in the future. Gonna test it out over the weekend, time to see how bad my technique is haha. The U-Bolt was holding me back can't wait to learn all over again with a proper swivel. Cheers!

Comment

• ChuckDiesel
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Dec 2013

Hey I was wondering if anyone is having the whole "metal chips breaking off and getting into eye" problem that I have read about a few times on here. People have reported this problem with the old everlast ball swivels and I didnt know if these are "safer". Also, which is Jumpcannons current email: ryan millsap@yahoo.com or evilswivel@yahoo.com? Thank you

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ChuckDiesel View Post
            Hey I was wondering if anyone is having the whole "metal chips breaking off and getting into eye" problem that I have read about a few times on here. People have reported this problem with the old everlast ball swivels and I didnt know if these are "safer". Also, which is Jumpcannons current email: ryan millsap@yahoo.com or evilswivel@yahoo.com? Thank you
            There is NO metal chipping off the Powermill! I have 3 of them and never a problem, they bearly even wear! That was a problem with some of the cheap, older Everlasts and I believe that is why they went with a plastic base?

The last emal I used was evilswivel@yahoo.com
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

The older Everlast bases were milled, the new ones are cast. Thats why they chip. The Powermill is also milled, it will never chip.

fedora

Comment

• ChuckDiesel
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Dec 2013

Thank you guys sounds like i have nothing to worry about. Now I just need to obtain one but until then I will keep learning on my current swivel!

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
                  The older Everlast bases were milled, the new ones are cast. Thats why they chip. The Powermill is also milled, it will never chip.

fedora
                  That's good to know. I've had metal flakes in the eye x2. Both happened years ago. One required a doctor visit, the other washed out in a few hours.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    That's good to know. I've had metal flakes in the eye x2. Both happened years ago. One required a doctor visit, the other washed out in a few hours.
                    Sorry, maybe I'm wrong about that, did I mis-speak? I've obtained several older ones and you can see where it was turned on the base. The newer one I bought,(don't know how new,) but you can't see any turning marks and it looks cast. I know Ralph bought one off ebay from the same guy I did and he came to the same conclusion. I had always heard that milled is stronger than cast, but then I'm no expert on metal. But then I'm sure if one got beat long enough it could have a piece come off.

fedora

Comment

• speedball708
                      • Apr 2015

powermill swivel wanted!

I would like to buy a powermill swivels. If ya could please give me some information on how to purchase one. Thanks
                      Last edited by speedball708; 04-16-2015, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

The last time Jumpcannon was on here was nearly two and a half years ago, which was about the last time he had any swivels in inventory. He works for a major railroad, and most of the time he's out on the road. The last time we talked to him he had other family priorities that took up what little free time he had.

Comment

• fedora
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                          The last time Jumpcannon was on here was nearly two and a half years ago, which was about the last time he had any swivels in inventory. He works for a major railroad, and most of the time he's out on the road. The last time we talked to him he had other family priorities that took up what little free time he had.
                          So that makes a Powermill swivel a "Rare Collectors" item.

fedora

Comment

• drag-on389
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by fedora View Post
                            So that makes a Powermill swivel a "Rare Collectors" item.

fedora
                            I was wondering what swivels You have in your collection an if you could post some pictures of all of them together.

Comment

• Zaza
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by drag-on389 View Post
                              I was wondering what swivels You have in your collection an if you could post some pictures of all of them together.
                              Here's a bunch of mine....if interested?
                              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Cheers,
                              -Za
                              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• drag-on389
                                • May 2014

the swivel that has the blue ball is that original or did it just have a hard night, lol btw those are some interesting swivels.
                                Last edited by drag-on389; 04-16-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...