• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Concrete R Us

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    No insights here, but I have seen the future. One of my favorite baggers on this forum has a new platform made of concrete ! And it's thicker than any wooden platform I've ever seen. Must weigh a couple hundred pounds About as close to zero vibration as possible.
    Yes, Paranday got a "sneak peek" of my brand-new concrete speed bag platform. (I emailed a short clip to him a few days ago.)

Trainer Raul has been at it again, trying to make the perfect drum. I have no complaints of the steel plate drum he constructed, but, he has this crazy fascination with concrete, and has been wanting to do this for some time.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, he put this together. It took only a couple days to do, and, according to him, not all that hard to make. Yeah, right.

I've posted this short video showing the platform in action. According to Raul, it weighs under 100 lbs. (about 45 kilograms). He already wants to build another one, so I'll try to document it by taking pictures/video.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Now that is a quality drum!! brilliant idea.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        Yes, Paranday got a "sneak peek" of my brand-new concrete speed bag platform. (I emailed a short clip to him a few days ago.)

Trainer Raul has been at it again, trying to make the perfect drum. I have no complaints of the steel plate drum he constructed, but, he has this crazy fascination with concrete, and has been wanting to do this for some time.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, he put this together. It took only a couple days to do, and, according to him, not all that hard to make. Yeah, right.

I've posted this short video showing the platform in action. According to Raul, it weighs under 100 lbs. (about 45 kilograms). He already wants to build another one, so I'll try to document it by taking pictures/video.

Ms D.,

Trainer Raul may want to get a patten on this before Everlast ships out their next "just add water board", a form and a bag of concrete. Nice invention. Is it earthquake proof? You know how the west coast or a vigorous bagger can be. I was thinking of a section for round culvert with a swivel attached to the top, no side no bottom no side again, better keep it from rolling down a hill while you bag. I guess you've move up a class to heavy weight.

Comment

• juxt
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

wow amazing set up msdeville. nice punching too, those elbow fist combos are sick. and props to Raul.

thanks for the review of the hydro platform piefurz. Do you think it would make much of a difference if it was filled with sand instead?

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I think you just came of with Everlasts ad campaign.

We believe in water boarding all our customers.
            HA! my political wise cracker is going ape on the possibilties for this one....

Good one.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great idea. Every angle of punching would have special meaning. Even the mis-hits would sound good. Great idea!
              A steel drum rebound board: I LIKE IT! Steel drums are such a cool sound.

Years ago I remember (barely) wondering the River Walk in San Antonio and being drawn to the 55 gallon drum beat of Bongo Joe, a street performer who set up on various street corners by some of bridges that go over the river. We'd all hang out of hours listening to his transister radio, and other songs he'd make up.

OK, you just had to be there....
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                wow amazing set up msdeville. nice punching too, those elbow fist combos are sick. and props to Raul.

thanks for the review of the hydro platform piefurz. Do you think it would make much of a difference if it was filled with sand instead?
                Juxt, maybe a different design filed with sand would work but as you can see by the picture the mouse maze makes it impossible to get the thing full of anything but air. This thing should never have made it from the drawing board to the rebound board. I may call Everlast sometime to see what they are thinking.

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                  I don't recommend this board.
                  Well, that's disappointing to hear.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Well this was bound to happen. I went to Models shopping and they have 5 of the Hydro boards and only one of the wooden boards left. I hope the old ones go to good homes and I wouldn't want people to get stuck with the water board. Sorry Everlast but were they even tested? I've kept mine and will put a wood board on it someday. The arms are adjustable but need a wrench and there isn't a pin that holds in it place while you do. I wonder if this is an ecological move, melting down water bottles to make boards and saving trees. I guess that recycled wood fiber is being put to uses other than making speed bag platforms.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...