• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Links Anyone tried one of these?

I was shopping at Model's sports store talking to the salesman about the promotional sale they have on the Everlast board and he mentioned a new board. I had him bring one out and saw where it is made of plastic and you fill it with water for weight. For a little over $60, I just had to buy it. Comes with a plastic ball and triangular carabiner. It can use other Everlast swivels with the standard four hole mount. Mount is sunk into the surface so with other swivels the arc will be shortened. Will have to see how this works out. Very light to travel with, just and water and beat vigorously.
  • baggins
    • Oct 2010

Very clever. Be sure to let us know if it´s good, vibrations etc.

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Greg, how is the swivel attached to the plastic board? It's hard to tell from the picture. Does it screw into the plastic board, or are there bolts that go completely through to the top?

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

How flat is the surface?

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
          http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-Hydro.../dp/B003U3H87W

I was shopping at Model's sports store talking to the salesman about the promotional sale they have on the Everlast board and he mentioned a new board. I had him bring one out and saw where it is made of plastic and you fill it with water for weight. For a little over $60, I just had to buy it. Comes with a plastic ball and triangular carabiner. It can use other Everlast swivels with the standard four hole mount. Mount is sunk into the surface so with other swivels the arc will be shortened. Will have to see how this works out. Very light to travel with, just and water and beat vigorously.
          Wow, never thought of that one... a water filled drum. Let's see some vid!!!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Feb 2010

Yes, pics and reviews please! It sounds intriguing!

Comment

• PIEFURZ
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Greg, how is the swivel attached to the plastic board? It's hard to tell from the picture. Does it screw into the plastic board, or are there bolts that go completely through to the top?
              Biff, the board is about 1/4" thick where the swivel attaches and uses bolts and nuts. The top is like a maze of channels probably so the vertical edges will give it strength. One problem so far is because of the channels there is a lot of pockets where air is trapped and you can't get it full of water unless all of the air comes out. I image that if I take it into a swimming pool or something big enough to submerge it and keep moving it around until all of the air works its' way out, it may work. Without water it's lite enough to take on a trip but a pain to fill up. The bottom is flat but may develop ridges where the channels are, will see. It's not full of water yet and without the mount is about the same weight as the wooded Everlast board including the metal adjustment tubes with the lock down knobs. The store still has one of the wooded boards on promotional sale. The sales man said it is the last one and will stay at that price. Wonder if that means it is phased out and is replaced by the Hydro one. So far I hope not!! Will post some pics and vids.

Comment

• jumpcannon
                Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I am really curious on this. My gut tells me it wont be PRO stuff. But then again with the inexpensive price its probably not supposed to be. Mostly curious on what kinda sound it gives off!
                evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                  Mostly curious on what kinda sound it gives off!
                  Me too. Anyone here experiment with sound? Wonder what an ebony platform would sound like? Or one made of granite. Or old Zildjians. How 'bout a semi-hollow body platform with flamed tobacco sunburst finish...

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    Me too. Anyone here experiment with sound? Wonder what an ebony platform would sound like? Or one made of granite. Or old Zildjians. How 'bout a semi-hollow body platform with flamed tobacco sunburst finish...
                    imagine if you had a platform made like a Jamaican steel drum like this..
                    jason plays a pan solo between a tenor pan and double seconds...it was amazing... :)

Would be cool if you could actually play a song.

I'm getting the thing together, adding some flat and lock washers where they should have included them. Will post pictures when done, easier than trying to describe it. Still trying to figure out how to get all the air out so it will be full of water to prevent sloshing. Good thing I didn't have this board when I was in Alaska and no heat in the barracks. I would have been ice boarding rather than water boarding.

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

...water boarding.
                      I think you just came of with Everlasts ad campaign.

We believe in water boarding all our customers.

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

imagine if you had a platform made like a Jamaican steel drum...
                        Great idea. Every angle of punching would have special meaning. Even the mis-hits would sound good. Great idea!

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Sorry about not getting back on this.

I don't recommend this board. I didn't give it the fairest test by mounting it on a good surface but compared to my Everlast adjustable board it isn't good. I couldn't get it full of water but I don't think that would have helped anyway. The hole pattern on the board is a little more spaced out which may add to the problem. There is a lot of bouncing of the board between the support arms where the majority of the rebounds are for front and back punching. I think that the flex in the plastic along with the momentum of the weight of the water makes the bounce worse. All this transfers to the support arms which appear to flex more than the other board. The mount looks like some that I've seen people using on the forum so I think it is familiar but the "board" made of plastic is of course different, see attachment of the top of it. I put a table top from, I think an Ikea end table on the arms and they still have more flex than the other mount. I've seen where with a proper board and weight these mounts are being used so I think I will keep the thing and rebuild in later. I see where Paranday has been shopping on line and posting links for the Everlast adjustable boards for about $50.00. Since I've seen them marked down for promotional sale, I have a feeling that they are being phased out and probably replaced by the Wet Dream, oops I meant Water Board, or new flashy name Hydro board. Anyone have any more insight on this. I may go back to the store and get a third wooden board (their last one) and take it home for my brother in KS. I'm trying not to be greedy so some new bagger may get it, but it's been there for a while.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• paranday
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Sep 2009

...and probably replaced by the Wet Dream, oops I meant Water Board, or new flashy name Hydro board. Anyone have any more insight on this. ...
                            Haha, that's funny.

No insights here, but I have seen the future. One of my favorite baggers on this forum has a new platform made of concrete ! And it's thicker than any wooden platform I've ever seen. Must weigh a couple hundred pounds About as close to zero vibration as possible.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                              Haha, that's funny.

No insights here, but I have seen the future. One of my favorite baggers on this forum has a new platform made of concrete ! And it's thicker than any wooden platform I've ever seen. Must weigh a couple hundred pounds About as close to zero vibration as possible.
                              Would like to see a pic of that. I don't know the cost of concrete but may be reasonable. I would probably try to make at least a two bag cage. Where I grew up we had a concrete culvert under the road that was tall enough to stand in, would have been perfect.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...