• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Pegasos View Post
    Its scarce in the Eastern US eh? How about in the Balcans where i m located? lol

i think i ll go for pine for the moment..

Well done
    Pine will do just fine. Try to bolt it to the sturdiest wall you can find, an outer wall would be best, especially if it is brick or cement. Also, after getting it bolted up tightly, make sure all screws, nuts, and bolts are tight and put a sandbag on top. While most here prefer the ball hook swivel, it is the noisiest of all the swivels.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
      • May 2007

Homemade platforms

Welcome to the coolest place on the net. I'm pretty new to this site as well and these guys took me in and dropped knowledge unselfishly. By the way, your English is incredible, do you speak Spanish as well because your name translates to punches or hits in Spanish. I understand your problem with noise control, I used to live in a garage apartment and had a setup that would literally make the apartment vibrate. Here's a vid I made for you of my current setup in my garage/shed. Hope it helps. Hey that whole falafa and baklava comment was me joking.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Last edited by hispanicmakingpanic; 05-13-2007, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Pegasos
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
        Welcome to the coolest place on the net. I'm pretty new to this site as well and these guys took me in and dropped knowledge unselfishly. By the way, your English is incredible, do you speak Spanish as well because your name translates to punches or hits in Spanish. I understand your problem with noise control, I used to live in a garage apartment and had a setup that would literally make the apartment vibrate. Here's a vid I made for you of my current setup in my garage/shed. Hope it helps. Hey that whole falafa and baklava comment was me joking.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hey man, thanks for the video, i only wish i had such a place of my own here in the city, but i m far away from such a goal yet.

I dont speak Spanish i m afraid, i m surprised you say that my nickname means punches in Spanish it is actually the name of a mythology figure in Greece, a white horse with wings that flies (Pegasos, Pegasus). I could say I m a fan of Latin American lifestyle since you seem to have a lot of fun and i want to visit sometime, especially Brazil where i heard the women are very hungry for intimacy with men..

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
          • May 2007

Pegasos latina lover

Brazilian women are perceived to be the most sensual. A Mexican woman will help you roof your house! They hunger more for beans and rice than men....Sorry if my vid was of no use, you must really be short on space! We Americans tend to take things like that for granted. I think your setup is great especially with little resources and material. I just made a platform for my three year old son and only really had to buy mounting brackets or braces, I got the wood at Home Depot, it was the perfect size and shape ready made... Pegasos; Greek Mytholygy, that went right over my head, sometimes I think in Spanish. How are the Greek women treating you? Are there any hot ones or is it all moles and mustaches like I've heard? I'm Kidding. Let me know if you need anything.

Comment

• Pegasos
            • Feb 2007

I think your setup is great especially with little resources and material.

I ll maybe make a video of me using it and then you can tell me how great you think it is..

Are there any hot ones or is it all moles and mustaches like I've heard?
            Well well well, thats not a very nice thing to say is it..? But i guess i ll take it as a joke

How are the Greek women treating you?

Like i dont exist, or like i am something that irritates them by my existence, if they notice me lol (alright, not all of them, but the better looking a woman is, the more she expresses the behaviours i mentioned)

Listen, there is a percentage of them, as in all women populations, that have not been exactly "favored" by nature in their physical appearance.

However, the majority is modern, and they re more pretty and sexy and HOT than you can know... i mean really teasing any male eye

The problem is, they re too conservative and they like material wealth. If you have a nice car, or a nice motorbike you re immediately gaining something in their eyes. They are almost impossible to get to bed. And moreover they will try to shape your behaviour and your style and looks, if they are willing to be with you. So the problem is not their looks, its their mentality, WHICH as a matter of fact is severely influenced by places such as America and western women (feminists) who have created this myth of past unfairness towards women and needed present REVENGE on these "evil" beings called men... you get the point amigo?

So you re from Brazil of Mexico in ancestry?

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Cultural info

Hey that joke was stupid. I happen to know Greek women are gorgeous. It's an American stereotype and I added to it. That whole thing about American women influencing Eastern women is crazy to me. If the women of your country only knew that American women are for the most part free spirited and open minded they might change a bit. The femenists are few, but outspoken, which is probably why they influence Eastern women. Femenists keep each other busy, for the most part. I am Mexican American Aztec Warrior descended from the gods! Much like you, my flying horse friend, and Zeus and the rest.

Comment

• jaguiler
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2007

Hey that joke was stupid. I happen to know Greek women are gorgeous. It's an American stereotype and I added to it. That whole thing about American women influencing Eastern women is crazy to me. If the women of your country only knew that American women are for the most part free spirited and open minded they might change a bit. The femenists are few, but outspoken, which is probably why they influence Eastern women. Femenists keep each other busy, for the most part. I am Mexican American Aztec Warrior descended from the gods! Much like you, my flying horse friend, and Zeus and the rest.
                Pegasos - what you mention about the attitudes is common everywhere. HMP - ever been to Miami ? - you can't get a hot girl there near the beach without driving a Ferrari, Lambo, RR... or something that will cost more than an average house. The sad thing is that the younger and prettier ones are like that. It is ingrained in our "new" culture, we can thank MTV for a large part of that. Once their biological clock starts to tick...then they come back to earth a little.

HMP - Remember that Jenny Aniston is Greek... and tons of others...

Pegasos - I am Argentinian, but born here in the USA ! I have a few greek friends, and I am very well versed in Greek dancing.... I love it... O' Trelos....
                I feel I should have been Greek....

(no greek jokes from the peanut gallery)

Comment

• Roscoe
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                  Pegasos - what you mention about the attitudes is common. Once their biological clock starts to tick...then they come back to earth a little.
                  Amen...

Pegasos - I am Native American born to the Nomlacki nation from what is now northern California and still live near those "happy hunting grounds".

Young women with their feet on the ground are hard to come by, all I can say is to be true to yourself.

P.S. If you give me your mailing address I will send you some sturdier brackets!

Roscoe

Comment

• BillyMack
                    • Sep 2006

Every culture has it's share of beauty queens and mutts...

As a chef I have much respect for the Greeks and their contribution to the culinary world. Saganaki, souvlaki, feta, spanikopita, honey, moussaka, dolmades, baklava....yummm!

Comment

• ronaldo
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • May 2007

I can't agree more, I totally agree with you guys. This thing with women is happening globally thanks to tv shows like sex and the city, depserate housewifes and mtv... It's crazy it's like pussy is so overvalued and overpriced just because there are so many desperate guys who are willing to do anything to get a girl anyways back to speed bags> Congratulations pegasos, that setup is really nice for the money you paid, I decided to make my own platform Im not very good at DIY but i hope to build a nice setup for around 70 euros. MY measurements for the wood will be 70 cm. diameter with a 2.5-3 cm thickness.
                      I've found a nice massive and thick board with a round shape but it was really heavy, the guy at the shop said it was too heavy for the wall so im not sure since it was a perfect board just like one of them balazs but heavy. what do you think?

Comment

• Chris M
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Mar 2006

As long as you mount the frame in the wall studs with 3" bolts, you'll be fine, don't sweat it.

Comment

• ronaldo
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • May 2007

That huge wood was really expensive so I decided to do it ghetto style like Pegasus
                          I got a piece of wood that I found in the street and I'm doing a similar setup to Pegasus one. I will make a new post for that. The only problem that I have is that my wood is too small on one side but I think the ball should rebound ok ,I'm not sure though
                          What are yout measurements Pegasus? You can tell me in cm.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Mar 2007

hey pegasos, how you finding your setup? does it vibrate much? btw i see you got BBE speedbag stuff, you from the uk mate?

@ ronaldo, gl with the setup mate, cnt wait 2 see it

Comment

• ronaldo
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2007

Thanks bro, It´s DONE!!!! I gtg pound that thing lol

Comment

• Pegasos
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

P.S. If you give me your mailing address I will send you some sturdier brackets!

Roscoe

Thanks man, but i m at the other end of the world! It would cost you too much i wouldnt like to do that to you lol..

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...