• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juxt
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

jim bradley

anyone in the US ever buy online from jim bradley? is the shipping cost crazy? do they seem reliable?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by juxt View Post
    anyone in the US ever buy online from jim bradley? is the shipping cost crazy? do they seem reliable?
    I don't know what is costs to send stuff from AU to USA, but it costs a ton to go the other way. Almost $30-40 dollars for a Book & DVD from USA to AU. Outrageous. Unless you want it to go by boat, then it's more reasonable but it will take 30 days or more
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• juxt
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

thank you Alan.
      Last edited by juxt; 08-26-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by juxt View Post
        Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I don't know what is costs to send stuff from AU to USA, but it costs a ton to go the other way. Almost $30-40 dollars for a Book & DVD from USA to AU. Outrageous. Unless you want it to go by boat, then it's more reasonable but it will take 30 days or more
        I wish Jim Bradley would partner with one of the US vendors to make their product easily available and affordable here in the states. In fact, we given that exact feedback to the "Powers that be" at Jim Bradley in regards to distributing their stuff with a vendor in the US. The shipping cost is a killer. The bags are top notch, but premium priced. Add on top of that a lot of shipping (and/or shipping time), and it's hard to make that purchase...

No word on when or if any such thing will happen though.

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Tim, would you say Jim Bradley's big bag is the best old school bag currently offered? Did you hit that one at SPEED B.A.G. 2010? It would probably make a good floor bag amongst other things.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah Brother, I haven't tried to have one shipped. But, I will tell you that they are really nice bags. They're light, but are balanced really nice and have enough weight to really keep them moving. They're fast. I had the privilege of hitting a variety of them at SB 2010. One was made from Kangaroo skin (go figure) Haha! As Tim mentioned, hopefully they'll work out something where they'd be available to us Yanks(?) in the states. Really nice bags!
            T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• SpeedKilz
              • Dec 2009

I'll run the brand by some people at Title. Hopefully they have more than just speed bag stuff? I would hope they would have an assortment of products. I don't know if it would be worth carrying just one swivel and a couple speed bags from an over seas vendor.

Comment

• juxt
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

yea jb makes a lot of stuff, but i believe they are mostly known for their speed bags (or speedballs as they call it).

i apologize if this has been posted allready but there is an intersting bit about jim bradley on this page under the "becoming a coach" section

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  Tim, would you say Jim Bradley's big bag is the best old school bag currently offered? Did you hit that one at SPEED B.A.G. 2010? It would probably make a good floor bag amongst other things.
                  I don't know about them being "old school" but I hit all of them at the gathering and each one was SWEET. Very light on the hands with fast rebound. A lot of "pop" in these bags for some reason. I've got the mid size blue one and love it. (thanks Deano & Tim)
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    I don't know about them being "old school" but I hit all of them at the gathering and each one was SWEET. Very light on the hands with fast rebound. A lot of "pop" in these bags for some reason. I've got the mid size blue one and love it. (thanks Deano & Tim)
                    Yes, any of the models would make a good floor bag. large enough and light. Great hanging bag too

I think they've got a huge-mongus size too (referred to as the 40 cm bag), we didn't have any of those at the gathering though.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I just watched a show on TV were they used kangaroo hide to make bull whips. They said it was much tougher than cow hide. I think also softer and more flexible. Would love to have one of these bags.

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                        I just watched a show on TV were they used kangaroo hide to make bull whips. They said it was much tougher than cow hide. I think also softer and more flexible. Would love to have one of these bags.
                        Would love to have a kangaroo bag as well. Would definitely want one of the 40cm Jim Bradley bags, too.
                        Last edited by paranday; 09-07-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• jimcaher
                          • Feb 2010

Circa 1973 Kangaroo Everlast 4200. Still going strong.

Jim
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                            Circa 1973 Kangaroo Everlast 4200. Still going strong.

Jim
                            They don't make them like that anymore... (sigh )
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• juxt
                              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

sorry if this is old news but there is a kangaroo leather bag by everlast still available. only reason i mention it is because i was quite suprised.
                              Discover top-quality apparel, footwear, and equipment for online fitness enthusiasts at Everlast. Elevate your workouts with our premium selection today!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...