X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Premier Metal Ball Hook

First I'd like to say my passion for speed baggin has led me to my third prototype, The Psycho Swivel II. This is the one I'd like to see be the standard in ball hooks for the future. Its also the one on my board when I made my blindfolded and basketball video.
    The first advantage is that all pieces( ball, hook, shackle base, retention washer and bearings) be replaceable and available.
    The second benefit is that the hook and shackle are coated with a composite material I developed. Now there should be no more shrapnel.
    The third is the smooth ball bearing design.
    This design has all the strength of a metal ball hook with almost zero noise.
    As these big companies stop making ball hooks and they become obsolete someone has to keep them on the market for future baggers. I'm working on the patents and trying to find a sponsor now, and hopefully I can find a company to manufacture and market this premier ball hook design.
    The Speed Ball should be in every hall
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Psycho Swivel -- ought to get that name trademarked!

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

TommyT!! a silent ball-hook would be a best seller on this forum i would buy 2 for sure good luck with your project....the dogs bollo#ks of swivels!!

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
        First I'd like to say my passion for speed baggin has led me to my third prototype, The Psycho Swivel II. This is the one I'd like to see be the standard in ball hooks for the future. Its also the one on my board when I made my blindfolded and basketball video.
        The first advantage is that all pieces( ball, hook, shackle base, retention washer and bearings) be replaceable and available.
        The second benefit is that the hook and shackle are coated with a composite material I developed. Now there should be no more shrapnel.
        As these big companies stop making ball hooks and they become obsolete someone has to keep them on the market for future baggers. I'm working on the patents and trying to find a sponsor now, and hopefully I can find a company to manufacture and market this premier ball hook design.
        Go, STT. It would be great if your design can find financial baccking and a manufacturer. Keep us posted on any updates.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

We love it when someone brings passion and innovation to the speed bag Great work Tommy

Sounds like a winner to me. Any chance we can try this thing out in person at SPEED B.A.G. 2010?

PS Word is there may be some vendors/manufacturers on site at SPEED B.A.G. 2010. This might be the time to get some eyes on your potential product

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            We love it when someone brings passion and innovation to the speed bag Great work Tommy

Sounds like a winner to me. Any chance we can try this thing out in person at SPEED B.A.G. 2010?

PS Word is there may be some vendors/manufacturers on site at SPEED B.A.G. 2010. This might be the time to get some eyes on your potential product
            ...and some baggers to promote them.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

[QUOTE=Tim;20566]We love it when someone brings passion and innovation to the speed bag Great work Tommy

Tim, I'll make you a deal. I'll bring two Psycho Swivs with if you can give me a double bag board at S.B 2010 to hang them on. I know its a little late, but I can't stop having visions of Joe Brooklyn and his setup, and I want to multi-bag bad. So you know whats next for me. I don't know if I'll ever get to frickin 8 bags but I'll definitely try two. Of course, I was going to bring my swivs anyway, but its a double bag wish. I'm trying to get some materials together to make one for myself but I have so much other stuff going on I don't think I'll get it done in time. Skunks double video is one of my favorites
              maybe he could help us out.

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Tim, I'll make you a deal. I'll bring two Psycho Swivs with if you can give me a double bag board at S.B 2010 to hang them on. I know its a little late, but I can't stop having visions of Joe Brooklyn and his setup, and I want to multi-bag bad. So you know whats next for me. I don't know if I'll ever get to frickin 8 bags but I'll definitely try two. Of course, I was going to bring my swivs anyway, but its a double bag wish.
                Deal The "big" rack (5'x5'x8') should be able to handle this. It will have 2 platforms per side. Not sure if they'll be too far apart for effective double baggin' but we'll give it a try !!!! We can always re-position the platforms on site for an optimal double bag experience (That's the beauty of an all wood rack, you just drill as many holes as you need)

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Psycho Swivs

The Psycho Swiv is the original ball bearing- ball hook design invented in Apr. 2010 and quietly debuted at Speed Bag 2010. This is also the swivel in all of my vids posted, even on the vert. I didn't realize how long or expensive the patent process would be but hopefully things will fall in place and they will be available in Spring 2011

Comment

• paranday
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2009

Hope this works out for you. This could be the golden age of the swivel.

Comment

• baggins
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                      the golden age of the swivel.
                      ^ epic

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

The Psycho Swiv is the original ball bearing- ball hook design invented in Apr. 2010 and quietly debuted at Speed Bag 2010. This is also the swivel in all of my vids posted, even on the vert. I didn't realize how long or expensive the patent process would be but hopefully things will fall in place and they will be available in Spring 2011
                        TommyT, how's it going Bro? I used to do the audio visual maintenance for the Patent and Trade Office. Maybe I can get back in and speed up the processing on your design. Kind of a covert action, you know how maintenance people have access to everything in the movies. I don't know if swivels are high on their priority, they would only save a few select lives. Hope to see you with one at SB2011.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2010

Good luck with the Swivel patent TommyT! I'll be looking for it when it comes into production and will purchse one for sure!
                          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...