• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs Mitts
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Feb 2010

Lack of speed bags in the UK

Things are not looking good for us here in the UK. Sugar Rays no longer stock any Everlast bags at all and don't plan to. I bought a medium Fighting Sports bag from them three weeks ago. Annoyingly, I was sent the wrong size so returned it and then.......... NOTHING.

ukspeedbag is right - they don't respond to emails and are not very helpful at all. So, I'm now waiting for a refund........ - when I phoned today, they tell me they are not getting Fighting Sports bags either.

Ground and Pound are the same company and I pointed out that they are still listing FS bags on that site..... but why? No point as none in stock.

Fingers, how about starting a little import business???
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post

The North American companies don't help any with their ridiculous shipping charges. Bags are light and can travel for much less than what they charge. With some quality control it shouldn't be an issue keeping any need for returns extremely low and making satisfied customers in the UK and points beyond.

I would wish you well with your import business idea if you were to make it reality. Maybe get your bags straight from China where they cost pennies on the pound. Fingers & Mitts seems like a nice company name, don't you think?

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      Fingers & Mitts seems like a nice company name, don't you think?
      HA HA! Well, the name IS amusing, but that's not quite what I had in mind!!! I'm happy just being the customer!!

But seriously though, is there a market over here for speed bag equipment?? Doing a search on this forum for 'uk' or 'england' only finds a handful of people.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

In all fairness, it's not the companies that are responsible for the added expenses. I have some experience with international shipping, and the amount of paperwork (and processing fees) required by both governments involved is attrocious.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Things are not looking good for us here in the UK. Sugar Rays no longer stock any Everlast bags at all and don't plan to. I bought a medium Fighting Sports bag from them three weeks ago. Annoyingly, I was sent the wrong size so returned it and then.......... NOTHING.

ukspeedbag is right - they don't respond to emails and are not very helpful at all. So, I'm now waiting for a refund........ - when I phoned today, they tell me they are not getting Fighting Sports bags either.

Ground and Pound are the same company and I pointed out that they are still listing FS bags on that site..... but why? No point as none in stock.

There's no surprise there Mrs Mitts. I have sent Ground and Puond 2 emails asking if they stock the Lonsdale 10 panel pro and a Fighting Sports 8x5..........Nothing!!!! They can't be bothered answering enquiries to a potential sale. Crazy thing about it is......we got no one else to turn to here in the UK!

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

HA HA! Well, the name IS amusing, but that's not quite what I had in mind!!! I'm happy just being the customer!!

But seriously though, is there a market over here for speed bag equipment?? Doing a search on this forum for 'uk' or 'england' only finds a handful of people.
            Fingers and Mitts!! LOL when you get your refund i would add a few pounds and get a Cleto bag ..this really is the Rolls Royce of bags..and it realy seems to like the ball-hook...well once you manage to get it on the hook , i have in the past shipped bags over from the US but the shipping and customs really take a bite a £18 bag cost me £56 so i don't try anymore..what you need is a relative in the US to load up with a few and bring them on a visit!!
            Last edited by fingers; 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by fingers View Post
              when you get your refund i would add a few pounds and get a Cleto bag ..this really is the Rolls Royce of bags..and it realy seems to like the ball-hook...
              This is exactly what I mean - you're a born salesman!!!

How many swivels and bags do you think you could get in a suitcase before questions are asked??

It's a shame about Sugar Rays, like uk said, it's as if the're not interested in making a sale??

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Fingers and Mitts!! LOL when you get your refund i would add a few pounds and get a Cleto bag ..this really is the Rolls Royce of bags..and it realy seems to like the ball-hook...well once you manage to get it on the hook , i have in the past shipped bags over from the US but the shipping and customs really take a bite a £18 bag cost me £56 so i don't try anymore..what you need is a relative in the US to load up with a few and bring them on a visit!!

Has anyone from the US looked into shipping equipment to our UK friends as a "gift?" I believe someone told me the postage is much cheaper.

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Yes, you can do that. There is a lot less paperwork and expense involved in sending a gift. You would have to spread out from where and who the items are shipped from, otherwise it might just set off the bells and whistles at either US or UK customs. Also small or individual quantities would be in order. A case of speed bags just might cause a few eyebrows to raise.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post

Has anyone from the US looked into shipping equipment to our UK friends as a "gift?" I believe someone told me the postage is much cheaper.
                    I have done that for years. I mark everything I send to UK as "gift".
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• goju
                      • Aug 2009

Thanks for the info on ground and pound, i was going to order a fighting sports bag from them. Guess i wont bother now.. have you tried sports direct mitts ? they are still selling the everlast 6x4 bags if that is any help.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Feb 2010

Hi Goju,

I only heard about Sports Direct a few weeks ago from ukspeedbag. It is a great site and I did order a 6x4 everlast bag from them. I'ts going to take me a while to get used to it, but I'm glad a got it, especially at that price. I'll keep searching for a Fighting Sports bag... if I find any, I'll let you know

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...