• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
    Several years ago, there was a loud dog barking through the night making it impossible to sleep. About 2 a.m. there was a loud BANG! then blessed silence. Sweet.

Jim
    I have never heard of dogs imploding from the strain of barking, but I guess it could happen.....

on the other hand, behind every incessant barking dog(s) there has to be an owner who is either stone deaf or scared of the dog themselves to put up with it.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 04-21-2010, 10:30 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jimcaher
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      on the other hand, behind every incessant barking dog(s) there has to be an owner who is either stone deaf or scared of the dog themselves to put up with it.
      I see it as a gutless form of aggression where people try to occupy YOUR space. Then other neighbosr have to get large barking dogs to try to reclaim lost territory. Those of us without dogs feel that our space is constantly shrinking.
      Jim
      Last edited by jimcaher; 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
        I see it as a gutless form of aggression where people try to occupy YOUR space. Then other neighbosr have to get large barking dogs to try to reclaim lost territory. Those of us without dogs feel that our space is constantly shrinking.
        Jim
        Actually that addresses a loss of a personal right to "quiet" which doesn't exist. Every body has the "right" to do their own thing, own a giant barking dog, talk non-stop on their cellphone so others have to hear their 1/2 of the conversation, or turn on their MP3 player, gameboy, or any other noise maker, and that always trumps your right to a quiet environment. There is no right to quiet anymore, not even in your own house. And forget about the library, where the stacks are now full of people on cellphones.

Just for fun I may fire up the old exterior speaker system and target a little Tibetan throat singing and overtone chanting at the howling crowd. I love the deep tones, and maybe they will too!
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• speedbagstud
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Dec 2009

Cool Rule #4 If yer kids come in asking if they can have a blast............LET EM! A speed bag is to be shared between family and friends......

Hell Yeah Uk i Cant agree more brother!

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Cool Rule #5

#5 - It is cool to take one of your fave bags with you in the car, so you can have your girlfriend hold it up against the roof at red lights, and you can land a quick combo.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...