• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Pro Box Extreme Loop

What do you reckon on this type of loop? My concerns are, it's going to wear very thin and one day break. It's only had let's say 1 hours work and no more! It's a great bag, but I don't feel comfortable with this loop. Take a look at the images, keep in mind that there's a shadow where it's wearing thin making it look thicker, beleive me it's looking pretty dodgy! Fingers, take a look at yours mate and let me know if it's wearing the same.
    Attached Files
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

UK when i attached mine to the swivel i used a cable tie to hold it in place also i let some of the oil from the swivel run into the leather not sure if this helped but all seems ok...so far!! just a thought it wouldn't be to hard to drill out the rivets and replace the loop with a new piece of leather say from a dog collar, might be worth it to resurrect a nice bag!!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
      UK when i attached mine to the swivel i used a cable tie to hold it in place also i let some of the oil from the swivel run into the leather not sure if this helped but all seems ok...so far!! just a thought it wouldn't be to hard to drill out the rivets and replace the loop with a new piece of leather say from a dog collar, might be worth it to resurrect a nice bag!!
      Yeah I thought the same thing mate. We have a trim shop at work with some highly skilled leather trimmers who could easily put a loop in for me. It's a shame the bags don't have the proper loop as advertised.
      I reckon this bag is going to hit me back one day! Right on the nose!

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
        Yeah I thought the same thing mate. We have a trim shop at work with some highly skilled leather trimmers who could easily put a loop in for me. It's a shame the bags don't have the proper loop as advertised.
        I reckon this bag is going to hit me back one day! Right on the nose!
        Nice one mate ...a custom loop to go with your custom swivel!!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Feb 2010

It's a shame the bags don't have the proper loop as advertised.
          Did you get your bag from Sugar Rays? The catalogue photo shows a nice thick loop made from the same orange leather. It's a bit annoying to get something different.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Yeah, that loop will last about 5 minutes with me!!!!!!
            Cuz I am .........

POWER BAGGER MAN!!!!!!!!

I only hit to feel pain!!!!!
            I dip my bags in concrete!!!!!
            My favorite bag is the "DEATH BAG"!!!
            I have holes in the wall around my platform from mis-hits!!!!!!
            Not from mis-hitting and having the bag go in the wrong direction....
            But from actually missing the bag and putting my fists through the wall!!!!
            That's right!!!!

I am....

POWER BAGGER MAN!!!!!!

HAHA....
            BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
              Yeah, that loop will last about 5 minutes with me!!!!!!
              Cuz I am .........

POWER BAGGER MAN!!!!!!!!

I only hit to feel pain!!!!!
              I dip my bags in concrete!!!!!
              My favorite bag is the "DEATH BAG"!!!
              I have holes in the wall around my platform from mis-hits!!!!!!
              Not from mis-hitting and having the bag go in the wrong direction....
              But from actually missing the bag and putting my fists through the wall!!!!
              That's right!!!!

I am....

POWER BAGGER MAN!!!!!!

HAHA....
              BAG ON!

Hold the Coffee, mam. Spin's a little wired right now......
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

What do you reckon on this type of loop? My concerns are, it's going to wear very thin and one day break. It's only had let's say 1 hours work and no more! It's a great bag, but I don't feel comfortable with this loop. Take a look at the images, keep in mind that there's a shadow where it's wearing thin making it look thicker, beleive me it's looking pretty dodgy! Fingers, take a look at yours mate and let me know if it's wearing the same.
                Looks like a great bag. I agree with Fingers. Find a way to change the loop. Any leather or shoe shop should be able to do it. I remember a shop in memphis that made "custom leather weight lifting belts". The guy did all kinds of bag repairs. Sewed seams, fixed bulging rips and did loops also.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Looks like a great bag. I agree with Fingers. Find a way to change the loop. Any leather or shoe shop should be able to do it. I remember a shop in memphis that made "custom leather weight lifting belts". The guy did all kinds of bag repairs. Sewed seams, fixed bulging rips and did loops also.
                  Yes I too remember that shop. But they went out of business after I gave them the business!
                  I popped the buckle right off the weight lifting belt when I was power baggin'. Seams the were sewed once exploded like an egg in a microwave after I got baggin' on them, bulging rips and loops were basically fixed only to be returned as Bigger bulging rips and holes everywhere...
                  Sometimes the smoke would still be coming from the bag when I brought it in to be repaired.....
                  Why you ask?????

Because......

I am......

POWER BAGGER MAN!!!!!!!!!!

ALL BAGS ARE RENDERED USELESS IN MY COMPANY!!!!!!

hahaha//// BAG ON!!!
                  I gotta some new vids up soon!

Comment

• Clubber Lang
                    • Mar 2010

Hello Mr SMP aka Power Bagging Man,

I can totally relate to your experiences as I also have that level of awesome power.

I heard a story and I think it might be about you.

Did you once go to a fun fair with one of those Punch-O-Meters? You know the ones that when you hit it a weight is sent upwards that hits a bell making it ding?

Because what I heard was that the person who hit the Punch-O-Meter only used 1% of their power and the weight still went straight up in to a space orbit and hit a satellite which destroyed it and that is why GPS does not work properly sometimes because they have not had time/can not afford to send a new satellite up to replace the busted up one.

Can I recommend the bag and set up in the photo? I think it is the only way forward for you, but even then I am still not sure if it can handle your extreme power - so take it easy.

The best swivel to use would be my solid 25 carat gold swivel as it can easily handle the job, but you can't have it

Picture 1: The speed ball in use.
                    Picture 2: How to transport it home.
                    Picture 3: How to set it up. You will notice that the drum is angled at 45 degrees.

Hope I have been of some help.

Clubber Lang.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Clubber Lang; 03-09-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Clubber Lang View Post
                      Hello Mr SMP aka Power Bagging Man,

I can totally relate to your experiences as I also have that level of awesome power.

I heard a story and I think it might be about you.

Did you once go to a fun fair with one of those Punch-O-Meters? You know the ones that when you hit it a weight is sent upwards that hits a bell making it ding?

Because what I heard was that the person who hit the Punch-O-Meter only used 1% of their power and the weight still went straight up in to a space orbit and hit a satellite which destroyed it and that is why GPS does not work properly sometimes because they have not had time/can not afford to send a new satellite up to replace the busted up one.

Can I recommend the bag and set up in the photo? I think it is the only way forward for you, but even then I am still not sure if it can handle your extreme power - so take it easy.

The best swivel to use would be my solid 25 carat gold swivel as it can easily handle the job, but you can't have it

Picture 1: The speed ball in use.
                      Picture 2: How to transport it home.
                      Picture 3: How to set it up. You will notice that the drum is angled at 45 degrees.

Hope I have been of some help.

Clubber Lang.
                      The rumor is true, I must admit. But, they did fix the satellite yet still blame me for their lack of a full proof GPS system....
                      And yes, I already have the wrecking ball set up in my backyard.... let's just say it is a good warm up for me.....but that is it!
                      Why????
                      Because I am ...
                      POWER BAGGER MAN!!
                      BAG ON!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Hey SSP! Ever thought of enrolling for the part of Superman?

LMAO! Now you got Clubber Lang to exchange your wild imaginations with. Reading you posts had me laughing after a miserable day at work.............Thanks!

Comment

• Clubber Lang
                          • Mar 2010

Spinsmashpop,

The United Nations have asked me to ask you to go easy with your speedbag training.

Because you are hitting it with so much P-O-W-E-R this is being transmitted along fault lines in the tectonic plates that are part of the earths mantle causing jumps on the needles that plot seismic activity, via blue ink, on those long rolls of paper.

This is causing seismologists to issue false alarms.

They said if you could just send them a quick email just before you start training then they will know it is you when their needles jump uncontrollably.

Kind regards and thank you for your co-operation.

Clubber Lang
                          United Nations Spokesperson.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Clubber Lang View Post
                            Spinsmashpop,

The United Nations have asked me to ask you to go easy with your speedbag training.

Because you are hitting it with so much P-O-W-E-R this is being transmitted along fault lines in the tectonic plates that are part of the earths mantle causing jumps on the needles that plot seismic activity, via blue ink, on those long rolls of paper.

This is causing seismologists to issue false alarms.

They said if you could just send them a quick email just before you start training then they will know it is you when their needles jump uncontrollably.

Kind regards and thank you for your co-operation.

Clubber Lang
                            United Nations Spokesperson.
                            I don't care what they say! I will ultimately rule the world with my SPEED BAG POWER!!!!!! I will create tsunami's, avalanches, tidal waves, bad weather, thunder, floods, and anything else scary! Oh yeah.. nightmares too..... and people will forget to pay bills on time, credit scores will lower, and everyone will end up in a tv set like the little girl in Poltergeist!
                            I AM....
                            POWER BAGGER MAN!!!!!!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                              I don't care what they say! I will ultimately rule the world with my SPEED BAG POWER!!!!!! I will create tsunami's, avalanches, tidal waves, bad weather, thunder, floods, and anything else scary! Oh yeah.. nightmares too..... and people will forget to pay bills on time, credit scores will lower, and everyone will end up in a tv set like the little girl in Poltergeist!
                              I AM....
                              POWER BAGGER MAN!!!!!!!
                              He's Here.......
                              Last edited by Speedbag; 03-12-2010, 10:12 PM.
                              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...