X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crapsterface
    • Nov 2009

speeding it up ?

K i know about smaller arcs and air in the bag and stuff. I was just thinking what would happen if u took out the bladder of the 6X4 made a loop of gorrila tape or hockey tape or somthing. and wraped it in tape or somthing evenly, it might be lighter then the leather. and no leather to absorb any hit from the platform or the punch. the leather seems soft. but if i use say gorrila tapeor hockey tape it is really thin and less to obsorb the hit on the platform therefore making it bouncier. I also thought it could be a terminal velocity thing. but i always thought the lighter the bag the faster. that bag proved me wrong i gues. tomorw im going to try this. Ill load a vid so all can see. ( though i dont like the bag much I still hope i dont wreck anything lol )
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
    K i know about smaller arcs and air in the bag and stuff. I was just thinking what would happen if u took out the bladder of the 6X4 made a loop of gorrila tape or hockey tape or somthing. and wraped it in tape or somthing evenly, it might be lighter then the leather. and no leather to absorb any hit from the platform or the punch. the leather seems soft. but if i use say gorrila tapeor hockey tape it is really thin and less to obsorb the hit on the platform therefore making it bouncier. I also thought it could be a terminal velocity thing. but i always thought the lighter the bag the faster. that bag proved me wrong i gues. tomorw im going to try this. Ill load a vid so all can see. ( though i dont like the bag much I still hope i dont wreck anything lol )
    I'm all for a science experiment. I'd say it may not last long though. Some of my bags have more bounce in their rebound. Melon ball bounces like a basketball. I have others bounce as much as a rock. Not really sure why. I'd open up Melon Ball to check it out, but I'm afraid I'd ruin the bag.

Tim

Comment

• Crapsterface
      • Nov 2009

Cant do it. The dirty rotten potlickers glued the bladder in on me and i dont think i can get it out without wrecking it. I cut the lace so the bladders in with no lace now. i pumped er up she seems a bit better then before but i cant see what difference no lace makes. perhaps its just in ther slightly differently
      Last edited by Crapsterface; 12-05-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
        Cant do it. The dirty rotten potlickers glued the bladder in on me and i dont think i can get it out without wrecking it. I cut the lace so the bladders in with no lace now. i pumped er up she seems a bit better then before but i cant see what difference no lace makes. perhaps its just in ther slightly differently
        You'll find most bladders are glued around the valve. I changed the bladder in my Title bag and used a hair dryer to soften the glue. It only takes a little warming up, if you try this, don't melt the bladder.

Comment

• Crapsterface
          • Nov 2009

The valve appears also to be sewn in. im just going to over pump it and smash on it till it goes. the hair dryer is a good idea ill hav to remember that.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Personally, I'd never kill a good bag on an experiment. Why not try that on a new bladder or the bladder from a lousy bag.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Crapsterface
              • Nov 2009

because i like all my other bags and i cant by any bladders around here unless i order them. ill just over pump it lol. ill try the bladder and tape thing when i get a bladder. Its actually a really well made little bag I was just disapointed because i though it would be faster.
              Last edited by Crapsterface; 12-06-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2007

I like your style Crapster. Good concept
                sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...