X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Everlast High Performance...Te:S.

So I picked up this bag during the 50% off sale at TitleMMA.com. It arrived yesterday.

I must say I am supremely disappointed so far. Maybe I am too used to my second bag, an Everlast 10x7 that is marked Ta:M.

This one feels like a dead rock. It is much slower than my 10x7, and takes a ton of force to keep moving. Feels a lot like the Century bag that came with my dual bag stand.....and that is not saying anything good.

I like the size of it, but everything else seems to stink. Any other experiences with this bag? Could it be the bladder that sucks?
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Apart from the decals the bag looks identical to the Everlast 4200 I have, which was supposed to be an 8x5 but is more like a10x6. I did discuss the size difference with Lori, from Prime Fighter who told me that all 4200's were this size and I, in turn, told her that this is not the size that was advertised.

I stuck with the bag and used it on a vid I made:

The bag is a little heavier than most and when fully inflated the bag is a little harder on the fists.

That said I have come to quite like this bag. I have had it for about 2 years now and it has retained its shape well, the rebounds are faultless. The signage on the bag is gradually disappearing. The leather feels beautiful, the bags growing old gracefully.

I'd be interested in knowing what type of bladder your one contains because I think, as you pointed out, that this is where the problem with yours may lay.
    Attached Files
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
      Apart from the decals the bag looks identical to the Everlast 4200 I have, which was supposed to be an 8x5 but is more like a10x6. I did discuss the size difference with Lori, from Prime Fighter who told me that all 4200's were this size and I, in turn, told her that this is not the size that was advertised.
      The bag is a little heavier than most and when fully inflated the bag is a little harder on the fists.

That said I have come to quite like this bag. I have had it for about 2 years now and it has retained its shape well, the rebounds are faultless. The signage on the bag is gradually disappearing. The leather feels beautiful, the bags growing old gracefully.

I'd be interested in knowing what type of bladder your one contains because I think, as you pointed out, that this is where the problem with yours may lay.
      Hey Roc,

an Everlast Pro Gyro balanced 4200 has always been a 9x6 bag. I've had many of them. The 4204 was an 8x5.
      Last edited by Speedbag; 11-14-2009, 09:38 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

OOOppps!

Yer, that's what I meant.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
          I like the size of it, but everything else seems to stink. Any other experiences with this bag? Could it be the bladder that sucks?
          Try a little more air, or a little less. Give it some time. Sometimes I have to "warm up" to a bag's rebounds. The point is , don't give up on it too soon. Different bags hit differently and that's part of the fun. Also you never know when you'll be on someone else's platform (maybe on a Truck for example) and you'll have to hit whatever style of bag is available. It's good to be comfortable with a variety of bags

Comment

• RenoRattler
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Try a little more air, or a little less. Give it some time. Sometimes I have to "warm up" to a bag's rebounds. The point is , don't give up on it too soon. Different bags hit differently and that's part of the fun. Also you never know when you'll be on someone else's platform (maybe on a Truck for example) and you'll have to hit whatever style of bag is available. It's good to be comfortable with a variety of bags
            Solid advice, taken to heart.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Speed bags are often like "other peoples kids". Some you like, some you don't and have to put up with, but you have to learn to deal with them all. Long ago (find the name for me, Dutchman....) A bagger of no great distinction wrote a song it: "If you can't be with the bag you love, then love the bag you're with"

CSNY changed the words...
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• RenoRattler
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Speed bags are often like "other peoples kids". Some you like, some you don't and have to put up with, but you have to learn to deal with them all. Long ago (find the name for me, Dutchman....) A bagger of no great distinction wrote a song it: "If you can't be with the bag you love, then love the bag you're with"

CSNY changed the words...
                Haha.

Well, it's now on my board for a while. I've decided to try and conquer it. I really do like the size of it. So I've been hitting it mostly.

It hits alright, just has deader rebounds then I am used to. Takes a lot more to keep it going, and a lot more work. Which is good. Makes me work that much harder.

I am pretty sure I will always prefer my 10x7, but this one does make me better.

I don't know that

Comment

• Crapsterface
                  • Nov 2009

ya iv actually never liked any of the evelast bags iv owned i got turned away from them when i was young. Ive never tried a everlast probag though. slightly offtopic on this discussion i waqs reading the speedbag thread about freddy roach popping speedbag. i just did that the other day

has anyone tried hitting an Amber speedabg ? im looking for speed in my bag.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
                    ya iv actually never liked any of the evelast bags iv owned i got turned away from them when i was young. Ive never tried a everlast probag though. slightly offtopic on this discussion i waqs reading the speedbag thread about freddy roach popping speedbag. i just did that the other day

Hey Crapster, welcome to the forum.
                    Have you seen this thread here?
                    Amazing speed in your video and how lucky was it, to catch that on video!

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post

That's some good speed going there. Poor old bag just couldn't keep up.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2007

Nice pace Crapster.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...