X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dax_q
    • Jan 2008

Be Jealous of me

I just went to Sports Authority. The same Sports Authority I have been to for the last 2 or 3 years. O the clearance rack were 3 brand new everlast metal ball hook swivels for $8.97. Bought all 3. Today is a good day. This just goes to show, never stop looking for these swivels. Haven't decided if I am going to sell any of them, but if there is anybody on the board that REALLY needs one, I will definitely sell one. And I wouldn't make a profit on it either. Just wanted to share my story. Also, I bought a house. Have a whole room dedicated to speed bag, double end bag and heavy bag. Will post video with the new swivel when I get a chance.

Dax
  • goju
    • Aug 2009

hey dax i would be very interested in buying one from you

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Wow dax, great find! AND a great price. I thought Everlast discontinued the metal ball hook swivels.

Oh, and congrats on the new house. It's gotta be great to have an entire room for your baggin workout. Looking forward to the vids.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Congratulations on the new house dax. I wish I had a room dedicated to my bags, instead I get a back yard!

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

A new house and new ballhook swivels.....

Is this a great day or what? Congratulations.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

dax, good for you. I still use the good ol' plastic ball that does good for my needs, but let us know how you like the metal.

Comment

• dax_q
              • Jan 2008

I will say, after installing the everlast swivel, it is better than the watkins. My last three swivels were the everlast plastic, the watkins and now the everlast metal and the everlast metal is the best overall swivel.
              Thanks for all the congrats guys. Will make a video soon.
              -Dax

Comment

• Simpleman
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Sep 2009

congrats on the good deal, but I have a question. Are the metal ball hook swivels better than the Everlast Professional Swivel the (chain link one)?

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Simpleman View Post
                  congrats on the good deal, but I have a question. Are the metal ball hook swivels better than the Everlast Professional Swivel the (chain link one)?
                  I would say that "Better" is a matter of personal preference when comparing swivels, for they are both good swivels and should work well under normal circumstances. Different is a better analogy, especially if changing bags a lot. And the Everlast Metal Ballhook is a rarity these days, for they quit making them several years ago.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by dax_q View Post
                    I just went to Sports Authority. The same Sports Authority I have been to for the last 2 or 3 years. O the clearance rack were 3 brand new everlast metal ball hook swivels for $8.97. Bought all 3.
                    Great find. I used the plastic ball hook for a good 6 months, but now I'm back on the metal. It just works better , for me at least. I love the sound too.

Also, I bought a house. Have a whole room dedicated to speed bag, double end bag and heavy bag. Will post video with the new swivel when I get a chance.
                    Congrats on the house. Let's see some stills (or video) of that bag room

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...