• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Lefthook_mike View Post
    So you bought two additional 2x4s?

my wife is worried about it damaging our wall which is why I'm asking tons of questions

Thanks for welcoming me to the forums nd helping me. Keep baggin'!
    I have a different platform, but did pretty much the same as Biff, only I used two hardwood boards mounted vertically with multiple long heavy wood screws anchoring the boards into the studs. The platform rails are attached with the 4 lag bolts into the hardwood and then into the studs. I did this to spread out the stresses and have more anchoring points. The hardwood boards ain't coming off that wall. I have plaster walls, the only "damage" is from the holes drilled, easily repaired if I ever give up bagging -- NOT! The wall seems just fine with all the pounding it gets. No worries there.
    Last edited by paranday; 11-06-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Lefthook_mike
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2009

So you guys do purchase additional wood then?

Just 2x4s?

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

So you guys do purchase additional wood then?
        Just 2x4s?
        Yes. And mine are roughly 2x4. I have a palette full of hickory I bought from a woodworking shop for $10 years ago. Their scrap is my bonanza.

Comment

• Lefthook_mike
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Nov 2009

Ok so I'll need two 2x4s, and mounting hardware, what kind of hardware do you recommend? My bad biff recommended 4 lag bolts...l right biff?
          Last edited by Lefthook_mike; 11-06-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Ok so I'll need two 2x4s, and mounting hardware, what kind of hardware do you recommend? My bad biff recommended 4 lag bolts...l right biff?
            Mike, here's the pic of my setup. I bolted (and nailed) the 2x4s onto the studs, and then bolted the platform to the 2x4s. So I used 2 - 2x4s, and 8 lag bolts.
            Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...