• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Everlast platform

Just took delivery of my new adjustable platform. It's just had it's 1st coat of outdoor varnish, I hate having to put it outdoors but, there's just no room and the missus tell's me it would look out of place!! To go with the Everlast set-up, I ordered the Everlast 8x5 too! It's like Christmas has come early for UK!

Vini
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Vini, that's great that you got your new platform. Good luck with it. Post up some pix once you get everything set up. Better yet, post up some new vids.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Hey Vini, that's great that you got your new platform. Good luck with it. Post up some pix once you get everything set up. Better yet, post up some new vids.
      Will do Biff.

Comment

• The Baggist
        Vert Baggin' Master
        • May 2009

Ahh...you went with Everlast 8x5 great choice. It's a shame Everlast is discontinuing that line of bags. I love the weight and the rebound of em. With that new board and bag your gonna be hittin in style now!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
          Ahh...you went with Everlast 8x5 great choice. It's a shame Everlast is discontinuing that line of bags. I love the weight and the rebound of em. With that new board and bag your gonna be hittin in style now!
          Funny you should say they are being discontinued. I got the last 8x5 from Sugar Rays, I don't suppose they'll be stocking any more then. I got the new set-up mounted to the wall this evening, then it rained! Weathers good tomorrow so I guess my day will be spent under the drum. I have never hit an Everlast bag before, so come on next week!

Thanks Baggist.

Comment

• deano
            Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

bag inside

hey UK,cant the missus see the practical side of the new bag mounted in the hallway,you could could have a quick blast every time you walk past,smooth her over with choclate and flowers or even a night out.i know the feeling i was outside for 8 yrs.punch and post new rig.deano

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

We have made a deal. If I decorate the bedroom, I can install a set-up in there too. Man that's gonna cost me, she's talking about re plastering.

So here's the new set-up.

Comment

• RenoRattler
                • Sep 2009

That looks like an awesome setup.

Here's hoping the re plastering doesn't set you back too much.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Alright uk! But you know you will be rumbling the house when u set up in the bedroom. There will be times that being outside may be the more fun place to bag. So the deal should be the bedroom set up is your new, additional setup! BAG ON!

Comment

• atgatt
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

UK, that picture of yours with the new platform on the brick wall, spare speed bags hanging right there, the sun shinning, and I'm sure birds were chirping, makes me think of a Thomas Kinkade painting. It just makes you wish you were there to enjoy such a piece of heaven. I hope you count your blessings.

You better get that setup in the house quick though before the next rain storm hits or the sun eats it up. Maybe it's easier to build a roof over it than redo your whole bedroom. That wall is solid and in such a nice setting. Great job and we're all happy you got such a nice platform, except we're jealous.

Comment

• fingers
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • May 2008

UK! the new drum looks great! perhaps you should buy another and have one in the bedroom ( decorating permitting ) for winter use and the outside one for summer!! bet you cant wait to attach the new Everlast mate.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Glad you all like it! I'm well chuffed with it and the kids are loving it too. However, they're still having to stand on a box to reach it.

I have managed to cover the whole thing with a waterproof sheet and with the coats of varnish, it should withstand a few winters. When I have completed the bedroom, I'll be purchasing another set-up and keeping this one outside.

Thanks for everyone's input.

UK

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                          bet you cant wait to attach the new Everlast mate.
                          Yeah! And my next video has to be with the Everlast...........thing is fingers, the weather forecast is crap as from tonight.

Comment

• fingers
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                            Yeah! And my next video has to be with the Everlast...........thing is fingers, the weather forecast is crap as from tonight.
                            Umbrella in one hand and bag with the other!! how quick could you change hands?...the great British weather!! hope there is a dry spell mate

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                              Umbrella in one hand and bag with the other!! how quick could you change hands?...the great British weather!! hope there is a dry spell mate
                              That would make a good video! Different anyway!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...