• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Emily
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2009

Speed bag size question..

I have a small everlast speed bag (9x6), and I can hit it consistently but I just don't have the power to make it go faster (I'm an 18 year old girl). I was wondering what bag you guys would recommend I get. I am looking at the 8x5 Title bag...basically I just want a lighter bag that requires less force in order to go faster. I feel like I've reached my limit on the 9x6. Any suggestions?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Emily View Post
    I have a small everlast speed bag (9x6), and I can hit it consistently but I just don't have the power to make it go faster (I'm an 18 year old girl). I was wondering what bag you guys would recommend I get. I am looking at the 8x5 Title bag...basically I just want a lighter bag that requires less force in order to go faster. I feel like I've reached my limit on the 9x6. Any suggestions?
    That Title 8x5 will be a good choice. You might put a bit more air in your 9x6 to make it go a be faster, but don't overdo it.

Good luck.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

This bag in size extra small (8x5) is a lightweight, fast bag that does not require too much power to get it moving fast. A bit expensive, but worth it. You won't be disappointed. I also have this bag in size 9 x 6, and it is also pretty light and fast. Either one would be a good choice. Good luck!

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

I have the Title 8 x 5 and love it. It is the bag I hit the most. It's light and the bladder seldom needs air. It has really held up well after a couple years of use.

Great to see more women bagging. Best wishes to you.

Comment

• Emily
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Sep 2009

Ok thank you so much to everyone! The Title 8x5 it is! =)

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Emily View Post
            Ok thank you so much to everyone! The Title 8x5 it is! =)
            Let us know how this works out for you, would be good info to know about. I just got a Title 8x5 the other day, it has a very nice feel to it.

Comment

• atgatt
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Em, we're all happy you have a bag that works for you. That must be exciting!

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                • Sep 2009

The Title of this thread has created some curious comments around here.

Comment

• goju
                  • Aug 2009

shame we cant get title bags here in the Uk.. well not that i know of. would love to try one.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by goju View Post
                    shame we cant get title bags here in the Uk.. well not that i know of. would love to try one.
                    goju, I got one (Title classic 8x5) almost 2 years ago, had it shipped from the US. Can't remember how much I paid after tax but, it was a lot in the end.

Vini

Comment

• goju
                      • Aug 2009

Its a pain in a** that we cant get most things here in the Uk.. ive seen so much stuff on the US sites. I wish sugarrays would get a few more items in stock.. ie.. some more swivels / bags. Its like that metal ball hook swivel that alan suggested to mike.. $74 for shipping

Comment

• Jordan
                        • Jun 2009

I love my title 8x5...be warned tho, when you get it, make sure everything is lined up right as far as seams go, when I got mine it was a bit deformed, and I found that that particular bag is known for that. If you get a warped one, just send it back with the stuff they give you for that purpose, and tell em you want one done right.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                          I love my title 8x5...be warned tho, when you get it, make sure everything is lined up right as far as seams go, when I got mine it was a bit deformed, and I found that that particular bag is known for that. If you get a warped one, just send it back with the stuff they give you for that purpose, and tell em you want one done right.
                          For my .02, TITLE has been very reasonably responsive to me in my orders from them in the past few... 8-10 weeks. Their gals on the phone are great. They replaced a topside -DE-MEX-BLADDER at No Charge/No Shipping - and I have another issue on another bottom one that leaks that I anticipate no problem from them. Their shipping and invoicing has been precise, and some of their pricing has been ASTONISHING - I purchased 6 WARM UP SUITS from them (Christmas Shopping) when they were on sale at $24.99 (or it was $29.99) - and I only ordered one at first - when I got it I REALIZED - WOW - I'd pay $200 for it; the embroidery, the quality of the garment, the zippers. I told 5 buddies about it who all bought one and they've sent me fishing lures and hints about insanity (they all want to knock me off for my girlfriend but they don't know what a pain in the knuckle she can be).

TITLE sends me ALMOST DAILY e-mails with CURRENT SALES and I've purchased several BARGAINS from them since, but nothing lately. I got a pair of work-out shoes (actually two pair: his/hers) for $24.99 and they are... like wresting shoes.. in Steeler Colors (I'm a Cowboy fan but my whole family is from Pittsburgh). They are these: http://store.titleboxing.com/adidas-...-trainers.html

They're worth every penny. I'd almost go Rock Climbing with 'em. $25??

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...