• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

How often do you change bags?

I have two platforms, one with a 5 x 8 bag and the other with a 10 x 12. Those two extremes seem to be my favorites so they just continue to stay on. I have other bags but seldom use them.

So, once you put your favorite bag up, how often do you change it out for something else?
  • Jordan
    • Jun 2009

for me really just whenever the mood hits, it varies.

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

I have 6 bags, and when i get the chance to bag I usually go through all of them. However, I have discovered that my most exhilirating workout session is when I put my favorite bag (red ringside 8 x 5) on the hook (yes i went back to the plastic ballhook) and hit just that bag, ignoring the other five. Usually I only have about 10 minutes per session when I get a chance to bag, and changing bags often during a session detracts from my workout. My other 5 bags are: ringside 9 x 6, everlast 6 x 4, everlast 8 x 5, everlast 9 x 6, and everlast 4200. I could probably do without the last two bags because of their size.

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        for me really just whenever the mood hits, it varies.
        me too i cud change from minute to minute or hit a bag for a week or longer

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

I usually stay with one bag until i feel like a change! i always seem to revert back to my Everlast pro 8x5....unless the temptation for a new bag gets too much!!

Comment

• Jordan
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by fingers View Post
            I usually stay with one bag until i feel like a change! i always seem to revert back to my Everlast pro 8x5....unless the temptation for a new bag gets too much!!
            Yeah I suppose thats true too, whenever I feel the need to buy a new bag, I'll typically switch it out when I buy it haha

Comment

• atgatt
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Before I got my second platform made, I was switching out bags fairly often, but after adding the second platform with its own bag, then adding a double-end bag, and then recently adding a boxing dummy, it seems that has given me more than enough variety and that is likely why I seldom change bags.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Been using the 4x6 x small Everlast Black and yellow "Skunk Special" in the truck mostly. But also the Fighting 5x8 gets used a bunch too. I also use the red Title 6x9 or the Fighting Black and white 6x9 when I want to work on new, difficult technique. It really helps to have that extra bit of "sweet spot" when trying new stuff!
                And at home it always varies because of having 2 setups. I think I have about 20 bags by now.

Comment

• atgatt
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                  I think I have about 20 bags by now.
                  Spin, have you considered going to bagoholic anonymous meetings?

Comment

• im_your_paperdoll
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Sep 2009

every week. i easily get over it especially when i see another an sale in a mall.

but sometimes it takes me 3 weeks to have time to go shopping since i have a lot of things to do in the house and school!
                    ________
                    extreme vaporizer review
                    Last edited by im_your_paperdoll; 01-20-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• goju
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                      hahaha ive only got the 2 bags which are seen in my pics.. but i stick with the rival 5x8.. but hoping to get the rival 6x9 soon.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                        Haha!
                        Well, I have been fortunate enough to receive some from Alan when hangin' at the Speed Bag Truck, and Skunk hooked me up in the same fashion. And 2 more came with the platforms. That's 6 right there. So I have bought about 7 or 8 Everlasts, 2 or 3 Titles, a Ringside, a Lonsdale, a couple Fightings and a TufWear. But that is over a year. Hmmmm......I guess I did get real into it!
                        I will put all of them together soon for a cool pic! But as well know, each bag has its own personality and feel.
                        To me, it is much like snare drums. They each have something unique about them. I have a lot of snares too. And they have all been used in one way or another. But that is part of my livelihood and I intend on speed bagging being that at well!
                        BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                          ....But as well know, each bag has its own personality and feel.
                          To me, it is much like snare drums.
                          They each have something unique about them. I have a lot of snares too. And they have all been used in one way or another. But that is part of my livelihood and I intend on speed bagging being that at well!
                          BAG ON!
                          Yes, I completely agree. In the hands of a master every Rhythm instrument has it's own sound. I have always believed that every drum and every bag has the beat of all men within it.

You just have to search to find yours..
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...