• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soocalchic
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2009

Any girls on here???

Hi guys I just started baging I guess is what you guys call it. I've been lurking around this forum and just wanted to say Hello
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hi soocalchic, welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are other girls who are on the forum. But it doesn't matter what gender you are. This forum is all about getting better at hitting the bag. So if you have any questions, suggestions, etc., just post 'em up.

This is a great place with folks of both sexes willing to help anyone out. Looking forward to your input. Biff

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

I do like a good lurk myself.

Welcome aboard.

How long you been lurking for?

I'm glad you did say hello. Its been a bit dead round here lately, maybe you could liven things up.

Believe it or not, I've posed the same Q: on this forum. Shortly after that I was introduced to Speedbag4life, who's promised me/us she'll post a vid. Still wait'n. And then there's TheBagLady, who has been a little quiet for a while. Skunkette is one to look for on youtube she's got all the moves happening, nice lady too.

What sort/size bag are you hit'n, what swivel you using?

Tell use a bit about yourself; please.
      sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by soocalchic View Post
        Hi guys I just started baging I guess is what you guys call it. I've been lurking around this forum and just wanted to say Hello
        Welcome to the forums!

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
        ... I was introduced to Speedbag4life, who's promised me/us she'll post a vid. Still wait'n. And then there's TheBagLady, who has been a little quiet for a while. Skunkette is one to look for on youtube she's got all the moves happening, nice lady too.
        Yes, I think that's about it. There may be one more, but I don't remember her login name.

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Hi and welcome!!

Comment

• The Baggist
            Vert Baggin' Master
            • May 2009

Welcome SooCal......Don't feel out of place being a lady bagger!! Check out this link from Alan Kahn's site SPEEDBAGCENTRAL http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/speedbag_history It seems that women were at the forefront of the sport in the early days and what we consider "advanced combo's" today were kids play back then. One of the best punchers I've ever seen was Doris De Green! Wish you could see her vid but it was removed from youtube.......GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
              Welcome SooCal......Don't feel out of place being a lady bagger!! Check out this link from Alan Kahn's site SPEEDBAGCENTRAL http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/speedbag_history It seems that women were at the forefront of the sport in the early days and what we consider "advanced combo's" today were kids play back then. One of the best punchers I've ever seen was Doris De Green! Wish you could see her vid but it was removed from youtube.......GOOD LUCK!!!
              absolutely. and her real life grandson is a forum member.

don't forget Rhi_Reynolds88, daughter of our own Tooldriver.

Haven't seen a post from either in a while.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Welcome!!
                sigpic

Comment

• atgatt
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

"Any girls on here???"

I once was one, so does that count?

Seriously, WELCOME. A lot of good people and info on this forum.

Speed bagging is so much fun, they shouldn't call it exercise.

Comment

• soocalchic
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
                    I do like a good lurk myself.

Welcome aboard.

How long you been lurking for?

I'm glad you did say hello. Its been a bit dead round here lately, maybe you could liven things up.

Believe it or not, I've posed the same Q: on this forum. Shortly after that I was introduced to Speedbag4life, who's promised me/us she'll post a vid. Still wait'n. And then there's TheBagLady, who has been a little quiet for a while. Skunkette is one to look for on youtube she's got all the moves happening, nice lady too.

What sort/size bag are you hit'n, what swivel you using?

Tell use a bit about yourself; please.
                    Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome. I have been lurking for about a month I got a Century stand gifted to me from one of my work buddies. Nothing fancy I have a large everlast bag on it and whatever swivel came with the set up. It's ok for a beginer I guess. So a little about me I just turned 30 I live in Southern Califiornia hense the handle not sure what else you would like to know.

Comment

• soocalchic
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                      "Any girls on here???"

I once was one, so does that count?

Seriously, WELCOME. A lot of good people and info on this forum.

Speed bagging is so much fun, they shouldn't call it exercise.
                      I should have said women lolz!!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by soocalchic View Post
                        Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome. I have been lurking for about a month I got a Century stand gifted to me from one of my work buddies. Nothing fancy I have a large everlast bag on it and whatever swivel came with the set up. It's ok for a beginer I guess. So a little about me I just turned 30 I live in Southern Califiornia hense the handle not sure what else you would like to know.
                        Hello! Welcome! I want to know; of all the things you could be doing, what made you get so interested in speed bagging you went as far as to become a member of the speed bag forum?

I think it's great that you joined, because it's not like the speed bag is some trendy fad.

BAG ON!

Comment

• soocalchic
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                          Hello! Welcome! I want to know; of all the things you could be doing, what made you get so interested in speed bagging you went as far as to become a member of the speed bag forum?

I think it's great that you joined, because it's not like the speed bag is some trendy fad.

BAG ON!
                          Well i guess I want to get some definition to my arms. I used to kick box when i was a teenager and since I have been busy with kids and life I just had forgot all about that side of me. My brother has a speed bag set up at his house and I saw him hitting it and thought man that looks like fun. So I was at work one night mentioned to my coworker that i was interested in buying a speed bag platform and the next day he brought one he wasnt using and gifted it to me. Gotta love it. I joined because I thought it might be fun to interact with some of you folks on here.

Comment

• atgatt
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2007

I can't find that video of that young woman I think it was in the 1930s who could hit two speed bags at once and hit them with her legs too.

What an amazing woman and speedbag artist. If anyone could find it and post it, soocalchic I bet would enjoy watching it.

Comment

• Dutchman
                              Speed Bag Historian
                              • Jun 2006

That's Doris DeGreen. The video is part of the "Unusal Occupations" series of short subjects owned by the Sheilds Pictures Corp. They graciously put it on YouTube after some correspondence with Alan. The only drawback was that the engagement was limited. You can go to the Sheilds site and they have a "commericial' that is made up short segments of the contents of the entire series.There is a a couple of short "blips" of Doris in action in it.
                              Last edited by Dutchman; 06-22-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...