X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

At that price, I ordered two 8 x 5s. Grand total with shipping: $ 27.93 - $19.98 for two bags - $7.95 shipping to PA. Scheduled delivery is 1/12. Nice!

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

I got my $9.99 Everlast 8 x 5 yesterday. I already own a blue everlast 8 x 5 that I bought 3 years ago. Everlast must have improved their pro bags because the new one looks and feels completely different (in a better way). I didn't think that I would like the red/blue, but I have to admit that the bag looks great!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

9.99 Everlast... and a "dead bag" question....and the "SSP"

I'm psyched that a bunch of us have taken advantage of the Everlast 9.99 bag!
        We've all spendt our dough paying whatever they charge to feed our addiction, so it's cool to save a few here and there.
        Tim, very cool you may have a new favorite...
        I like it a lot too, but since I have acquired 10 bags since Sept. I have no favorite. It's all new stuff to me. The old 4214 is the only one that's not too fun to hit. All the others are.

**** And ... I returned a 9X6 Tufwear (red lines on black bag) months ago due to the stitching in the seams tearing within a week. I really dug the bag. The replacement doesn't seem to have the snap of the original. It feels kind of dead. Anyone ever deal with this?
        Or could it need some breaking in? Is it because it's new and when I go to hit at night, it's cold in the garage and I need to give it some "break in/warm up" time????
        Thanks
        BAG ON!
        AK! Finally, after watching a new part of the Bible DVD, I learned the Left-O-DES followed by the Right-SSP. And then following opposite. I never followed with a side punch. Yeah!

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

just finished my order also got a pair of the 12$ sweat pants. hopefully they get here by friday. I hope its as good as u guys are sayin i really needed and 8x5 now ill have a good varriation of sizes finally after over a year of hitting regularlly. i think 8x5 is going to be the perfect size for me.
          ________
          condo in Pattaya
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
            I'm psyched that a bunch of us have taken advantage of the Everlast 9.99 bag!
            We've all spendt our dough paying whatever they charge to feed our addiction, so it's cool to save a few here and there.
            Tim, very cool you may have a new favorite...
            I like it a lot too, but since I have acquired 10 bags since Sept. I have no favorite. It's all new stuff to me. The old 4214 is the only one that's not too fun to hit. All the others are.

**** And ... I returned a 9X6 Tufwear (red lines on black bag) months ago due to the stitching in the seams tearing within a week. I really dug the bag. The replacement doesn't seem to have the snap of the original. It feels kind of dead. Anyone ever deal with this?
            Or could it need some breaking in? Is it because it's new and when I go to hit at night, it's cold in the garage and I need to give it some "break in/warm up" time????
            Thanks
            BAG ON!
            AK! Finally, after watching a new part of the Bible DVD, I learned the Left-O-DES followed by the Right-SSP. And then following opposite. I never followed with a side punch. Yeah!
            Those two movements combine to create the "Side-Triple Elbow Strike" (S-TES), named such because the last fist hits the side of the bag after one rebound.

(O-DES) + (FSP) = Outward-Triple Elbow Strike (O-TES).

(O-DES) + (SSP) = Side-Triple Elbow Strike (S-TES).

* notice the O-DES connects the front area of the bag and needs no alteration in movement to make this happen. The lead fist of the O-DES connects in the FCP position.

* remove the Elbow from the O-DES and leave the fist, and you'll have a Side Double Punch (SDP)
            (FCP + SSP = SDP). Another way to think about the S-TES is consider it is also a (SDP) with an elbow added in the front. Just like the O-TES is simply a FDP with an elbow added in the front. A Downward-Triple Elbow Strike (D-TES) is just a FDP with an elbow in the middle. Obviously, the core of these movements is the Double Punch within them, for either fist can link off in the movement.

For Punch Drumming, the key here is to recognize the accented "beat pattern" of the technique, and a how a simple dD sound of the Double Punch becomes a quick triplet ddD by simply adding the elbow into the movement. If the elbow is UP in position, it is easy to do. You can freely move a double bounce (stroke-bounce) accent or open flam to a triplet very quickly.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...