• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by coastin View Post
    thanks for explaining, have u ever done a patch before? also what do you think i should use to patch it or shud i just cover it up with duct tape?
    I never used Duct Tape. I doubt it would work, but you could try. Like Dutchman said, you have to get the bladder all the way out and completely deflated.

Good luck with it.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by coastin View Post
      yeah it stops at a certain stop, i think its the value how can i fix this?
      My Turbo bag stopped at a certain point, meaning if I filled it with air, the next day it would still be inflated, but it was then very soft. Thinking about it, I then let it set at least a few days thinking it was not worth repairing, and it still stayed "inflated" but just very soft. Still, the liquid fix a flat did the job and is going strong since.

Comment

• coastin
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I never used Duct Tape. I doubt it would work, but you could try. Like Dutchman said, you have to get the bladder all the way out and completely deflated.

Good luck with it.
        what should i use to patch it then from inside out? i have no experince with this stuff at all???

Comment

• Murph
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          I just fixed a bladder with my bike tire repair kit as well. It seems to have worked. The pressure put on a bladder has got to be of a similar type of force as that of a mountain bike's inner tube. They both take a beatin'!
          Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Patching requires totally deflating the bag, unlacing the top then turning the bag inside out so that the bladder is on the outside. If it's a rubber bladder a standard bicycle tube patch will work. I've never done a plastic patch, as the ones that I had blew out at the seams big time, and I had no success in repairing those. If you have air coming through the seam of the bag itself their may be other issues involved.

Take the bladder out find the hole patch with bike tire repair kit.
          (Glue & patch)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Murph; 02-01-2009, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• coastin
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Murph View Post
            http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...P?sid=BVReview

Take the bladder out find the hole patch with bike tire repair kit.
            (Glue & patch)
            thanks man

Comment

• Murph
              • Jan 2009

cool....happy to help

Comment

• coastin
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jan 2009

hey do you know how i can deflate the bag so i cna take the bladder out??

Comment

• Murph
                  • Jan 2009

What's up coastin....use a needle from a hand air pump used to pump up bags,basketballs,footballs,ect....

In the durahide bag the bladder is glued to the bottom of the bag...

so after you deflate the bladder try to peel the bag down around the bladder, as not to pull off the glued bottom(as posted by the Dutchman)....if it's to much of a pain in the a$$ just pull it out gently and patch the hole...

the valve on that bag is long and straight it will be easier than some other bladers to put back in and glue back down with some of the glue from the patching kit....after the the patch has had some time to cure.

Good luck.

Spinsmashpop had some luck with evelast about this bag.

Attached Files

Comment

• Matalac
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jan 2013

Fixing speed bag leak

I had an EVERLAST that had a leaky valve and I put sum vasaline on the air needle and put in the valve, did this a couple times and it seemed to fix the problem. I guess they dry out or something. Sounds funny but it works. Hope this helps you.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...