• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newbegginer
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2019

Is it repairable?

Balaz Speed Bag, bought one for its claims of balance and not needing repairs. It lasted a few years and honestly satisfied , but it’s lost some air in my last session and now can be heard leaking. I can hit it and maintain some speed, but it’s not the same. Can I fix it or should I buy a different bag? Which bag brand should I look into?
  • Mickey Dix
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jul 2019

Balasz has some awesome bags and I love the shape of them. Ronispeedbag is one of the best bags in the game now and are very easy on the hands and the craftsmanship is second to none. Definitely check him out !!!

Comment

• Newbegginer
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2019

I can’t help but feel like this was a plug for a product. So I’m guessing that the answer to the question is no, that it is not repairable and secondly, Ronispeedbag is a speed bag worth looking into.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

I''m not familiar with this particular Balaz bag, although I seem to recall hearing about it. I take it that there is no inflation valve, and no way of accessing the interior of the bag? What kind of material is it made of? I see that they no longer offer this bag, I'd say it was not a success, time to move on.

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

For what it is worth. I have never owned a Balasz but everything I have read has been positive. 1. Pull the balder and check for leaks easily replaceable. 2. Absolutely agree with 'Mickey Dix" , this is only the opinion of someone who has used a small variety of bags two of them being" Ronispeedbag" beautifully constant on the rebound, so soft on the hands and absolutely the best at Quality Craftsmanship.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jul 2019

I thought you were asking about a brand of bag to look into. They are a few guys that repair worn out speedbags but it seems pretty difficult depending on the problem . I hate changing bladders I couldn’t imagine repairing one. I am not plugging any company I am just explaining my experience.
            Last edited by Mickey Dix; 02-03-2024, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
              For what it is worth. I have never owned a Balasz but everything I have read has been positive. 1. Pull the balder and check for leaks easily replaceable. 2. Absolutely agree with 'Mickey Dix" , this is only the opinion of someone who has used a small variety of bags two of them being" Ronispeedbag" beautifully constant on the rebound, so soft on the hands and absolutely the best at Quality Craftsmanship.
              As I recall, this bag was supposed to be permanently inflated, with no way of inflating it or changing the bladder. There was no laces or zipper to access the interior of the bag. Yes, Balaz has a very good reputation , first rate I would say. This just was a interesting concept that just didn't work out.

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

Education, Education, Education. Love this site, you learn so much from the best of the best. I had no idea that the bag was sealed.
                Great Catch

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...