• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newbegginer
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2019

Is it repairable?

Balaz Speed Bag, bought one for its claims of balance and not needing repairs. It lasted a few years and honestly satisfied , but it’s lost some air in my last session and now can be heard leaking. I can hit it and maintain some speed, but it’s not the same. Can I fix it or should I buy a different bag? Which bag brand should I look into?
  • Mickey Dix
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jul 2019

Balasz has some awesome bags and I love the shape of them. Ronispeedbag is one of the best bags in the game now and are very easy on the hands and the craftsmanship is second to none. Definitely check him out !!!

Comment

• Newbegginer
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2019

I can’t help but feel like this was a plug for a product. So I’m guessing that the answer to the question is no, that it is not repairable and secondly, Ronispeedbag is a speed bag worth looking into.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

I''m not familiar with this particular Balaz bag, although I seem to recall hearing about it. I take it that there is no inflation valve, and no way of accessing the interior of the bag? What kind of material is it made of? I see that they no longer offer this bag, I'd say it was not a success, time to move on.

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

For what it is worth. I have never owned a Balasz but everything I have read has been positive. 1. Pull the balder and check for leaks easily replaceable. 2. Absolutely agree with 'Mickey Dix" , this is only the opinion of someone who has used a small variety of bags two of them being" Ronispeedbag" beautifully constant on the rebound, so soft on the hands and absolutely the best at Quality Craftsmanship.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jul 2019

I thought you were asking about a brand of bag to look into. They are a few guys that repair worn out speedbags but it seems pretty difficult depending on the problem . I hate changing bladders I couldn’t imagine repairing one. I am not plugging any company I am just explaining my experience.
            Last edited by Mickey Dix; 02-03-2024, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
              For what it is worth. I have never owned a Balasz but everything I have read has been positive. 1. Pull the balder and check for leaks easily replaceable. 2. Absolutely agree with 'Mickey Dix" , this is only the opinion of someone who has used a small variety of bags two of them being" Ronispeedbag" beautifully constant on the rebound, so soft on the hands and absolutely the best at Quality Craftsmanship.
              As I recall, this bag was supposed to be permanently inflated, with no way of inflating it or changing the bladder. There was no laces or zipper to access the interior of the bag. Yes, Balaz has a very good reputation , first rate I would say. This just was a interesting concept that just didn't work out.

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

Education, Education, Education. Love this site, you learn so much from the best of the best. I had no idea that the bag was sealed.
                Great Catch

Comment

• ventanakaz
                  • Jun 2011

Show a picture of the bag, from what I can remember they have no bladder or no way of getting into the bag, i bet if i seen the bag i could probably cut into the top, Add some holes for laces and add a hole on the bottom for a bladder, (Edit) i did hit on one of the original bags at Dave's house, it hit great although i only hit on it one time but from that one time it was a great bag
                  Last edited by ventanakaz; 02-24-2024, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Newbegginer View Post
                    Balaz Speed Bag, bought one for its claims of balance and not needing repairs. It lasted a few years and honestly satisfied , but it's lost some air in my last session and now can be heard leaking. I can hit it and maintain some speed, but it's not the same. Can I fix it or should I buy a different bag? Which bag brand should I look into?
                    The answer to your question depends on exactly what Balaz Speed Bag you purchased: They have several Models. Similar, but also different

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                    SPEED BAG - LAZER

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	129563

The Balazs lazer Bag has been out for about 10 years. It's a beast bag, heavy on the hands for it's size (IMO). Great for power work, but others bags of its same size are faster (IMO and easier on the hands during long workouts.)

Fun fact: The "original" Lazer model was first tested at SpeedBAG 2010 - our first gathering. Unfortunately it got unflattering reviews and it took a few years of development before this version appeared. And Yes, Balazs did sent a couple of different versions to a silent few "baggers" they know via SBF for testing.)

https://balazsboxing.com/en/speed-ba...ns-6_x_9_small

Notice this in the write up.

Now move first to the connection - oh my Kevlar !!, double layered, perfectly centered, triple stitched Loop! No shortcuts here to throw the balance off. How confident are we? Open the box, try it out and if it's not we said - Total Money Back Guarantee - period

..... Now move on to the next piece of Serious - there are No Laces Yup, laces throw a bag out of balance - but if your bag blows a bladder, you gotta have laces to service it right? The Balazs Lazer Bags have no laces because we want perfect balance, and the Air Chamber never pops and never needs to be replaced. Spend a little time trying to figure out our secret way to make a bag with no laces - then get back to bagging. You'll Add Air to it, but it will not pop - How confident are we? Open the box, try it out and if it's not we said - Total Money Back Guarantee - period.

NOTICE IN THEIR WRITE UP, EVERY PARAGRAPH ENDS WITH "IF IT'S NOT WHAT WE SAID - TOTAL MONEY BACK GUARENTEE - PERIOD"

I suspect this is the bag you have, because their "other bag (Gyro - below) has laces and a replaceable bladder. Since your bag is failing and not performing as advertised, leaking air etc.I would personally recommend you send it back to them with a letter explaining your issue and requesting a replacement. OR you can call or email them about your issue.

Balazs has been THE main equipment sponsor of our annual Gathering (every year!) and is aware of this forum. I would be very surprised if they do not replace your bag with another one.

Balazs Boxing

Call us: 610-433-4515
                    Email us: info@balazsboxing.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE BALAZS LIGHTNING GYRO SPEED BAG

..and serviceable. With amusement, they were called "Gyro Balanced" but there was not a gyroscope around for many miles - - just a slick advertising term that worked. They were made of tough grain leather, super stiff loops, panels of different sizes, and had welting between the panels that were raised to scrape your knuckles into a pink hue. There was the 4200, 4201, 4202, 4204 and 4213 just to name a few

Unfortunately, they fell by the wayside and were discontinued about 12 years ago. They have been knocked off by several companies without much change - - until now that is.

Introducing the Balazs a Gyro Balanced Speed Bag Family:
                    1. Yup, fully Gyro Balanced exactly as has been done for 30 years.
                    2. Replaceable rubber bladder.
                    3. Balazs Super Valve for holding air.
                    4. Top Grain Leather for super smooth and controlled strikes.
                    5. Die stamped leather panels, all of the exact same size for balance.
                    6. No welting at the seams to throw your strike off, or scrape your knuckles.
                    7. Tight Top Loop, for excellent rebounds and control.
                    8. Light-weight for crisp response.
                    9. Any color you want - - as long as its Black.
                    10. Any size you want:
                      BS4204 - 5 x 8 Peanut
                      BS4200 - 6 x 9 Small
                      BS4201 - 7 x10 Medium
                      BS4202 - 8 x 11 Large
                    11. Cost: $79
                    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++ +++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                    Attached Files
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...