• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Reasons to attend the Speed Bag Gathering 2023

Reasons you might want to attend #speedbaggathering 2023: Get some speed bag tips and tricks from the best of the best. Here's Alan Kahn dispensing some sage bag punching advice. Meanwhile Lance Thrasher (overall nice guy and hero of the 2022 gathering) chats in the background.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	859.1 KB
ID:	129109

• dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Great pic of talent.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

It's the Way of the world. Eventually the Student becomes the Teacher. I still love learning new combinations and skills from my "once" students who have expanded their skills.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

The greatest compliment THE master could have is that His STUDENTS have reached a greater level than the MASTER..........................Thank You Alan Kahn

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
          The greatest compliment THE master could have is that His STUDENTS have reached a greater level than the MASTER..........................Thank You Alan Kahn
          I have lived long enough to watch this come true on both ends. I spent a day with my Mentor, Dr. Schroeder, in Oct 1994 - and showed him the "paste up" of my book (it wasn't out yet) and showed him several techniques and combinations he did not do.. or know about. (Downward elbow strikes, Side-Triple Elbow Strike, Out & Down 4-way Elbow Strike - and linking off of all of them) And he was thrilled that one of his students (me) had taken what he gave and advanced it. He seemed really proud of that.... and I have lived long enough to see some of "my" students come back and show me combinations and variations I had never seen or thought of. Since the first gathering in 2010... somebody else shows up with a new variation or move that is new. I remember the very first time that happened, in May 2007 actually when I first Met Zach "Speedbagskunk" Ruffo at a teaching seminar I was giving at that LA Boxing Gym in Orlando. ( Tim set that up for us, since he lives in Orlando and I was visiting for a few days). Zach was doing some really weird elbow combination that didn't seem plausible... but he did it repetitively at mock 3 speed. Until that moment I would have said those movements would never join together .....but he didn't get that memo and joined them. That's when I knew there was something on the horizon. And still, almost weekly now, I see something else that seems new to me. And I love it. Truth is, in that picture above, I'm speaking with Coach Darrell who has shown me several new things he does that I don't.

And in about 9 hours I'll hop on a plane and be off to this year's Gathering. Tim is already there. Balazs Boxing has come through again and sent 4 new I-box units plus a ton of other stuff (bags, gloves, wraps..) This year we will have "The Speed Bag Cage" completely covered with 8 units, 7-Ibox and 1-Balazs heavy duty Pro Board. It's gonna be great! Hope to see a few of you there!
          Last edited by Speedbag; 07-04-2023, 08:56 PM.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Here we are..
            Attached Files
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Watched the vids on Facebook, looks like you had a pretty good turnout. Once we get the house in order (literally) I may be able to finally attend this event.

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

Please, please, please lots of video's for all of us who could not attend. Please let us enjoy this great event through your eye's. ENJOY

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
                  Please, please, please lots of video's for all of us who could not attend. Please let us enjoy this great event through your eye's. ENJOY
                  I am on the road for another week, but I will upload everything I have to YouTube when I get back. I'll post a link here when I do.

Comment

• dad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2018

Thank You, so much.

Comment

• KLunker18
                      • Feb 2021

Hey Alan and all, That's me Kevin Williams, I go by Darien Coach on IG and really appreciate your mention!
                      Was great to exchange ideas with you again!!
                      Man is the Gathering the best weekend of the year! Hope to meet more of you in 24

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...