Comment

• DizzyD
      • Jun 2020

Sounds great Alan! Enjoy!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

So, Two days done. today was intense, lots of hitting the speed bag, teaching and talking. One day left. We're having awesome time. They're seriously loving the speed bag.
        This is Wife, with Dan Blood (podcast) and Greg Bishop, (special features writer), Sports Illustrated.
        Attached Files
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Spent most of Wednesday June 8th under the board, teaching and Punch Drumming. Been a long day, but awesome. Great warm up for the gathering.

The past 3 days have a been a remarkable event for me. And I hope the speed bag. Microphones were constantly rolling, ... hundreds of "deep dive" questions into all parts of my Life, speed bag and and just about everything else. Childhood, schools, jobs, where I lived, why I moved there etc.... My life "before speed bag" and my life "since speed bag". Interviewed my wife and on daughter. Got the names of a few baggers they may call. The writer plans on a mail story spread and will leave it to the editors and how they view it. Anyway, in the early 1990's I dreamed of getting the speed bag into The biggest sports magazine around, Sports Illustrated. After this weekend - I'm starting to think that will actually happen.

ps: some of members may hear their names in the podcast.

Attached Files
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DizzyD
            • Jun 2020

WOW! So amazing that your dream came true and you had a great time with the guys from Sports Illustrated!

Comment

• dad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2018

Really looking forward to seeing something in Sports Illustrated for someone so deserving but regardless Alan, your name will always be synonymous with speed bagging, my grandson is already talking about "Alan Kahn" You are and always will be the "Grand Master" of "Bible Style Bagging" and have given us (the baggers) that place to go that is so challenging, so entertaining, so much fun that somehow, even in such a small way it helps make us whole. Thank you so much Alan.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

This is just plain AWESOME!!! Speedbag King RULES!
                Congrats Alan, good things take time.

CHEERS!!!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Update on Sports Illustrated Article.

So, I just had email from Greg Bishop, recently back from covering the World Soccor Championships in Qatar. He told me the Speed Bag Story is Still on the menu.... just one of many in his life. He covers a LOT of stuff and writes a lot of articles, books and scripts for Showtime Boxing. Best guess right now is "Right after this NFL Football Season ends... "

But there is a bit of Sad News. Apparently the budget Gods have spoken and the entire SI podcast division was cut. Let go about the first of December. That means my friend Dan Bell and crew are gone, and our podcast, 3+ hours of talking speed bag may never see the airwaves. So, I don't know if DAN owns that audio or S.I. owns it, but if HE does, ...than maybe it will surface in some other venue. Perhaps we will still "Catch it on the Rebound" somewhere down the road. WE spent at least two hours under my board at home and he really was picking it up. I hate him losing his job this Close to Christmas, and having a new baby just before the Axe. Best Wishes, my friend.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

What can I say other than

Comment

• Tim
                      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Sorry to hear that

Comment

• dad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Dec 2018

To quote the late Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra, "It ain't over till it's over". The enjoyment of a sport is what moves us forward and Sports Illustrated may soon understand how a sport that can be enjoyed by so many in the solitude of their on setting can bring about a far greater worldwide commercial audience. Enjoy

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...