• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADukes
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2021

Quality Speed Bag Platform (Thick)

Hi,
    I've tried to look up the answer to this question on the site but haven't yet been successful so I apologize if this has already been answered. I'm newer to the speed bag hobby and I'm looking to invest in a thick, quality platform like I see in a lot of the videos I've been learning from on YouTube. Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can buy what I'm looking for? Amazon seems to have the less sturdy models. I'd also like to get a higher quality speed bag as well to upgrade from my Everlast base models. Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Just food for thought.
    Before we go anywhere I would like to separate what ( I ) view as a "DRUM" and a "PLATFORM". The platform in my world is the "FRAME" work that the "DRUM" mounts to (others may disagree).
    Like building just about anything you always want to start from the bottom up. Your "THICK" drum is only as good as well constructed "FRAME" (the foundation). Your 3" solid Oak drum will suck on a poor frame. Conversely your 1" particle board may do very well on a good well built / mounted frame. I hope this may be of some accidence to what to look for. I also think Tim's reviews are a great resource.

Comment

• pinzpirate
      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by dad View Post
      Just food for thought.
      Before we go anywhere I would like to separate what ( I ) view as a "DRUM" and a "PLATFORM". The platform in my world is the "FRAME" work that the "DRUM" mounts to (others may disagree).
      Like building just about anything you always want to start from the bottom up. Your "THICK" drum is only as good as well constructed "FRAME" (the foundation). Your 3" solid Oak drum will suck on a poor frame. Conversely your 1" particle board may do very well on a good well built / mounted frame. I hope this may be of some accidence to what to look for. I also think Tim's reviews are a great resource.
      Exactly what I think and ballasting the drum with 50lbs of sand or something like that goes a long way to eliminate vibrations

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

Sorry about that spelling (assistance)

Comment

• Jim Walker
          • Dec 2018

Dad, I'm glad you cleared that up. After looking up the meaning of "accidence", I could not figure out what made you choose that word.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...