• Feb 2020

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

I just want to keep this info at the front
    This is the 60,000 post on this Forum

Comment

• Beancooker
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2020

So for those if us without social media, how do we buy one?

Comment

• glus
        • Apr 2020

2020 still sucks, but now our cups runneth over with good ball swivel options. Discovered the bag only April of this year, so I missed the days of Deville and getting an Arc was just a dream. Sure, the Everlast or Porter worked. But noisy.

Then came the Thrasher, and now Arc returns.

Thanks Jeff and rdshackleford!!
        Last edited by glus; 10-20-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• GumbysUncle
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2020

Great news, now to figure out how to instagram. I feel like I need to know a 25 year old to teach me how this works

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

guys, just PM me if you want one
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• dad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2018

The new Arc swivels are now for sale! The Arc Mk.II is a major upgrade from the original Arc. It may look the same, but it is very different in every place that counts. More durable, more accurate, more fun than ever before! The Arc Pro is some next level shit. Only accomplished speed baggers would experience the difference, and that experience is sublime. The Arc Pro is "a swivel WITHIN A SWIVEL!" (credit to BagBoy aka speedbagazebo for that quote). I priced the Arc Pro significantly higher than the Mk.II because, for one, because it is significantly harder for me to make, and for another, if you don't need it you should not waste your money on it. When you get to the level where you need the Arc Pro, you will know it.
              Now you have found one

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Accept no substitutes.

#ArcSwivel
                Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Pete
                  • Nov 2020

I got my Pro Flame in the mail Monday and I am thoroughly impressed. Hat's off to you Rusty. Prompt delivery and professional service.
                  Cheers

Comment

• peragio
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jul 2020

The new Arc swivels are now for sale! The Arc Mk.II is a major upgrade from the original Arc. It may look the same, but it is very different in every place that counts. More durable, more accurate, more fun than ever before! The Arc Pro is some next level shit. Only accomplished speed baggers would experience the difference, and that experience is sublime. The Arc Pro is "a swivel WITHIN A SWIVEL!" (credit to BagBoy aka speedbagazebo for that quote). I priced the Arc Pro significantly higher than the Mk.II because, for one, because it is significantly harder for me to make, and for another, if you don't need it you should not waste your money on it. When you get to the level where you need the Arc Pro, you will know it.
                    hi, i don't know to much about swivel making but what makes a swivel better and faster, why would the arc pro be harder to use? does the dimensions of the housings effect it and would a shorter hook make it faster? thanks i was just curious about how swivels work

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

the speed of a swivel depends on the distance between the drum and the surface of the hook where the bag rides. Both the Arc Mk.II and the Arc Pro ride the bag around 75mm from the drum. Yes, a shorter hook would make it faster.
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

The Arc swivel is a ball and hook swivel. Most of the swivels being sold today are what we call "U" bolt swivels. These are fine for speed on one plane, but the ball and hook swivel allows the bag to be hit on with an unimpeded 360 degree area. Controlling the bag with a ball and hook takes considerably more skill than a "U" bolt swivel. Patience is the key to the learning process, but once you attain the basics the speed will come. Just watch the videos of Alan Kahn, or our webmaster Tim, they are inspiring.

Comment

• pinzpirate
                          • Feb 2020

i just started using my Shark MkII your new swivels ROCK!! Rusty

Comment

• peragio
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            The Arc swivel is a ball and hook swivel. Most of the swivels being sold today are what we call "U" bolt swivels. These are fine for speed on one plane, but the ball and hook swivel allows the bag to be hit on with an unimpeded 360 degree area. Controlling the bag with a ball and hook takes considerably more skill than a "U" bolt swivel. Patience is the key to the learning process, but once you attain the basics the speed will come. Just watch the videos of Alan Kahn, or our webmaster Tim, they are inspiring.
                            thanks for your explanation, sounds like good advice

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...