X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surfingcowboy
    • May 2020

LMF Swivel Updates on personal swivel changes/experiments

I posted this as a reply in the archived LMF Swivel Feedback and decided to put it as a new post. I've changed out the heavy and slow shackle on the LMF Swivel with multiple others and even have two different Titanium shackles that I'm trying out at this time. I had to let some air out of the Title Perilous bag to slow it down while experimenting with these different shackles because of how fast the bag/swivel is moving now. I originally had the Perilous aired up quite Hard and even then with the original slower/heavy stainless shackle it came with wasn't that fast of a combination. The Jim Bradley swivel has a real lightweight components to their swivels to speed things up and they must be on to something. I'm trying to fabricate some of my own swivels at this time (Not the ball and hook type that rdshackleford has risen to the occasion with) and will post some pictures/video(once I can being a Newbie) at some point when I feel comfortable about the outcomes. P.S as folks on here stated at some point speed is irrevelant if your hands aren't moving as fast as needed
    Last edited by surfingcowboy; 06-21-2020, 11:40 AM.
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

We welcome all swivels and swivel makers here!
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Bigmark408
      Banned
      • Jun 2020

I tried a few of the big name swivels and found my LMF to work best for me as a boxing style/speed swivel.

Comment

• surfingcowboy
        • May 2020

Yes its a good swivel but lacking in the shackle department and I’ve done my own upgrades in that area that have greatly improved it. The maker of these swivels was going to update/change the shackles and has anyone seen or purchased this updated swivels?

Comment

• glus
          • Apr 2020

As far as I know, none of us here has purchased one of each.
          I bought the early one. After it was updated to the larger shackle - proportionally, both wider and longer, looks like - someone else here bought one.

In this photo from the ebay posting, I think this is the new shackle - to my eye, it definitely looks bigger than the one that I have (and you too, sounds like).

Attached Files

Comment

• GumbysUncle
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jun 2020

I just ordered the new style LMF. I should have it Monday, I'll take some pics and compare to the original LMF I have now.

Comment

• GumbysUncle
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2020

Here are two I have, brand new model on the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200629_163518.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	121854
              Newer model has better rounded edges on the base and bearing shaft end. The shackle is quite a bit larger and the mounting holes are smaller and now is a bolt-through design. I wish the heads were hex head instead of Phillips but that's the only knock I can give it.

Comment

• surfingcowboy
                • May 2020

Thanks for the pictures and inputs - I need to take pictures of the different swivels I came up with that Really makes this combo fly. I’ve been out of town quite a bit lately and haven’t slowed down yet to do it but will soon

Comment

• surfingcowboy
                  • May 2020

Here's some pictures of various swivels that I'm trying out on various swivel/bag combinations but surrently using one of these on the LMF Swivel instead of the supplied heavy stainless bow shackle it came with and Boy did it speed things up and will post a video soon

Comment

• burgboy
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jul 2020

I have one that I bought about a year ago...and guessing it's the old one ..as my shackle seems to be the smaller one ,judging by your photos here. I'm wondering what size shackle did you find an advantage with?...gumbys
                    Uncle?
                    Last edited by burgboy; 07-11-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• GumbysUncle
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jun 2020

The new larger style is better. Fits more loops and I can take it on or off with my hands, the smaller works itself loose unless you give it a turn with pliers.

Comment

• swingnmiss
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Dec 2013

I have not logged into this forum for years (I've been so busy).

Changing to the larger shackle was a difficult decision. After feed back from a few customers about the pin coming loose and larger loop width on the Title bags I sent out several test units with the larger shackle and response was all thumbs up and no noticeable difference in speed. The larger shackle adds only 1/4 inch to the distance from the drum to hang off point, handles all loop sizes and as GumbysUncle mentioned above, the pin is easier to remove with your fingers. I also changed the metal from 4130 chromoly to stainless steel after a customer that works out at Muscle Beach asked how the swivel would hold up in an outdoor environment. The mounting hardware included was changed from 1/4" lag bolt to #10 stainless machine screw after one customer thought the lag screws would not be as secure as screws that go through the drum. When I started this business one customer said I should "tighten up the tolerances" so as my machining skills improved so did the fit and finish.

I work hard to make the best "boxing style" swivel available and take all customer feedback seriously. These units are expensive to make (material and time) but if you are going to do it, do right.

Regards,

LMF-llc
                        Last edited by swingnmiss; 07-25-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...