How long to wait before replacing bladder in a new bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glus
    • Apr 2020

How long to wait before replacing bladder in a new bag?

I just bought a Title Yellow 5x8, this one: https://www.titleboxing.com/title-bo...per-speed-bags I also bought an orange bladder from Title.

I like it, but it's actually a tad slower than the Everlast '6x9' it replaces, so I would like to try that orange bladder.

Somewhere on here, somebody said "I wouldn't recommend changing the bladder on a brand new bag." I read that somewhere, but I can't find the thread now.

Assuming almost daily use, 10-15 minutes per day, how long should I wait?

Thanks for any advice.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Probably when you feel that it's broken in. The leather is easier to deal with after it's been hit for a while. Changing the bladder when the leather is new is a bit of challenge.

Comment

• KevinVolland
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2020

Are you sure?

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by KevinVolland View Post
        Are you sure?
        He's Dutchman. Yes, he's "sure"

As somebody who has experimented with many bladder swaps I'll second what he said. I have changed out a bladder or two with brand new bags and it can be a headache depending on the bag. The title yellow is an easy swap.
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mickey Dix
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by KevinVolland View Post
          Are you sure?
          Welcome Kevin, are you sure you want to swap it out yet? I have the aTitle yellow it is one of my favorites right now.When I first got mine it did seem a little slow (not that I am fast by any means) but after it broke in a little it is just fine in my opinion.

Comment

• Jeff Thrasher
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2020

I have swapped the bladder in my title 5x8 about a month after i got it. I was shocked at how much smaller the replacement was for that bag. It is definitely faster now. I will say, the the title perilous 6x9 was not that bad to change out the bladder from the first moment I got it. I hit it two times with the factory blag bladder and instantly changed it. I really like that bag a lot better after doing that. I have the thank Arcswivel for that bit of advice when i bought it. He told me to go ahead and order the replacement bladder at the same time for buy you next tile ball so you save on the shipping cost. He was right.

Comment

• NJspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2019

Hi guys speaking of Title bladder swaps I have been thinking of doing something with my 6x9 title gyro which I am extremely disappointed with. Can anybody recommend a bladder to change to? I am at a point where I don’t even want to hit it. Another question I have is if the bags work so much better with a different bladder from the same company why don’t use they use that one to begin with?
              Vic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

I put my title gyro on the archived bags rack as its only good for boxing style. Those hard red welted seams are a drag. To your question of why they don't put the latex in from the start? My guess is its more important for them not to get complaints about bladders leaking air.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                  I put my title gyro on the archived bags rack as its only good for boxing style. Those hard red welted seams are a drag. To your question of why they don't put the latex in from the start? My guess is its more important for them not to get complaints about bladders leaking air.
                  ..and my guess is "The cheapest $$ bladder wins." #ProfitMargin
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

..and my guess is "The cheapest $$ bladder wins." #ProfitMargin
                    Yes! I forgot about that part. duh.
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...