X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EazyDuziT
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2008

How about someone with a lot of spare SB send a SB my way???

Comment

• sidecarr
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jul 2008

how do they measure bags the title promex 9x6 the title classic 8x5 and my century 4x6 are all about the same size ,but my everlast 8x5 is almost twice as big

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by sidecarr View Post
        how do they measure bags ...
        Supposedly width by height. But I think it should be at the fattest part of the belly and longest point bottom to top.

Personally, I have always thought there is a variance between bag sizes due to (1) individual bag shape and (2) where the company actually measures (if they do.)
        Some bag shapes are fatter toward the bottom, some are tapered at the bottom, and some bags are more like a bananna. Depending on the shape, IF a company measures through the middle of the bag, it might not be the fattest part, making an "8x5" or "9x6" look larger because it wasn't measured at its widest area. If it was measured at it's widest part, it might acctually be a size larger.

But I don't know where various companies get their sizes.

Originally posted by sidecarr View Post
        ... my everlast 8x5 is almost twice as big
        Look at their shapes closely.. Everlast bags have a much fatter and flatter bottom area than promex, which is fatter in the middle with a more tapered bottom.

Personally, I prefer the fatter and flatter bottom.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 07-27-2008, 06:44 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Brad
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Apr 2008

Many thanks, Alan. Not only do you take time to comply with my request, you even anticipate the next question. You're amazing! Thanks for all you do.

P.S. Count me in for the Speed Bag Bible special. I'll send a PM with the details.

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by EazyDuziT View Post
            How about someone with a lot of spare SB send a SB my way???
            Are you looking for something in particular? If you don't have a bag but you do have a setup and no means to get a bag, I will help out.

Comment

• sidecarr
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jul 2008

got my order from ringside ,shipping wasnt that bad ,item were quality,and they threw in a free keychain, had no problems ,still like title a litle better
              Last edited by sidecarr; 08-03-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...