X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Walker
    • Dec 2018

COVID-19 Project

Since I will be home more, has anyone had experience with one of these backboards? I just ordered a red oak one and plan to attach it to my X-mark platform with the x-mark backboard below it. The X-mark backboard already has threaded T-nuts through the top of it for a swivel. From what I could find, red oak has the greatest density of the three choices.
  • RockSteadyBoxer
    • Nov 2018

Have not tried one, but it is interesting to see an arc swivel in the pictures ... perhaps these are made by someone on here?

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

That is morphiusrt's platform, made my his Etsy friend. I have not seen morhpiusrt around here in a long time.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

Jim your right the Oak family (American Red, White and English Brown) have a really high density rating, on a scale of 1to 10 one being the softest it about 8.5. I have cooked a couple of circular saw blades on it. I’m curious about the way a 2” platform will sound. Really enjoy your videos so please post when you get it ready.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Jim Walker View Post
          Since I will be home more, has anyone had experience with one of these backboards? I just ordered a red oak one and plan to attach it to my X-mark platform with the x-mark backboard below it. The X-mark backboard already has threaded T-nuts through the top of it for a swivel. From what I could find, red oak has the greatest density of the three choices.
          https://www.etsy.com/shop/theBittersweetRose
          . Thanks Jim for sharing. That is a nice looking red oak drum .2 inches thick seems like it would sound and rebound very well.
          Last edited by Mickey Dix; 03-17-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Cazbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Awesome Jim can't wait to see and hear the results! Did you get a weight on it?

Comment

• Jim Walker
              • Dec 2018

Thanks dad, if I dodge the virus it should take about a month before it is up.
              Did not get a weight, Cazbag, but if my calculations are correct, it should be around 24 lbs.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by RockSteadyBoxer View Post
                Have not tried one, but it is interesting to see an arc swivel in the pictures ... perhaps these are made by someone on here?
                Yes they are. This is the ARC master blaster. Designed and fabricated entirely by him.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

I think he was asking about the thick wood drum. RockSteadyBoxer already has an Arc or two, right?
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• RockSteadyBoxer
                    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                    I think he was asking about the thick wood drum. RockSteadyBoxer already has an Arc or two, right?
                    Your are correct, sir!

Comment

• Zaz
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

Very nice drum! Please post pictures of your project when it is finished.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...