• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doublee
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2020

Speed bag recommendation

Hi everyone. New to speed bag forum. Also, new to bible style speed bagging. I've been doing boxing style speed bagging for about a year. I've been using the Balazs 5 x 8 bag and the stock chain link swivel that came with my X-Mark platform, which is fine for boxer style. However, on You Tube, I see different bags and swivels being used when doing bible style. Having a hard time with current setup when doing bible style bagging. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Search and you shall receive!
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jun 2019

Welcome Doublee, when I first started not long ago, I used the Forza Ball hook swivel. It will serve your purposes for now.

Comment

• Doublee
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jan 2020

Thanks LouisvilleBager. I saw that Forza ball hook swivel on Amazon. I think they call it the Evolution. Amazon Prime can have it here in Florida in two days. Thanks again.

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Doublee View Post
          Thanks LouisvilleBager. I saw that Forza ball hook swivel on Amazon. I think they call it the Evolution. Amazon Prime can have it here in Florida in two days. Thanks again.
          Doublee, with the forza be sure to add a drop or two of light oil every few months where the hook meets and moves from the eye. Or as my wife would say "the round part"
          Last edited by BagBoy; 01-27-2020, 09:31 PM. Reason: I typed his name wrong!!!!!!!! OK??? Satisfied, Mr. Nosey!!!?? not you Doublee I'm yelling at the system. Long story..
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Zaz
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Welcome Doublee. Finding this forum is a good start. There's a lot of information here. If you want to improve faster on the speed bag, do yourself a favour and buy the speed bag bible book and dvd. You can buy it from Ebay or by sending a message to the master Alan Kahn. Speedbag
            Last edited by Zaz; 01-27-2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jul 2019

Hi Doublee welcome, by searching all around this forum you will find out a lot about speedbagging.If you are stuck or have a problem there are many of us that at one point had the same problems.We are here to help. Definitely get the speedbag bible and dvd set you will be glad you did. The King Alan Kahn (the author)is a great communicator and teacher.Keep baggin!!!
              Last edited by Mickey Dix; 01-28-2020, 12:38 PM. Reason: Trying to correct my grammar!!!

Comment

• Doublee
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jan 2020

Thanks everyone for the valuable information, especially about the speed bag bible. Now its time to start practicing!

Comment

• Cazbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2018

Welcome! Plenty of info and instruction waiting to be discovered

Comment

• dad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2018

Doublee, welcome and enjoy a lot of good people with a lot of great knowledge. To quote RDSHACKLEFORD “Search and you shall receive!”

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

lol, I'm glad you got the joke
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Doublee View Post
                        Also, put a drop of locktite on the eye that screws into the ball. It wil want to come out eventually if you dont.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...