• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mickey Dix
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jul 2019

Replacing the loop on speedbag.

​ I have an old 4213 everlast bag that I started out baggin with that has a destroyed loop.I need to replace the loop. While looking through old threads I see a lot about trimming and shortened loops but nothing about replacing loops.When I first had my bag repaired I took it to a shoe repairman and he stitched a flimsy piece of leather to it. I want to get the Chicago screws and repair it myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks- Mick
    Last edited by Mickey Dix; 12-12-2019, 09:25 AM.
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Try a TACK shop

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jun 2019

I took a good loop off a bag I didn’t really care about and used it for a couple replacements.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post
        ​ I have an old 4213 everlast bag that I started out baggin with that has a destroyed loop.I need to replace the loop. While looking through old threads I see a lot about trimming and shortened loops but nothing about replacing loops.When I first had my bag repaired I took it to a shoe repairman and he stitched a flimsy piece of leather to it. I want to get the Chicago screws and repair it myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks- Mick
        Back in my Memphis Days There was a leather craft shop where you could order custom made weight lifting belts, Saddles etc. I had them replace a few loops on some tufwear bags and one of my Everlast 4200's. That's been years ago.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Mickey Dix
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jul 2019

Thanks AK,LouisvilleBagr,dad, I think I might take it to a good leather shop to see what they can offer .

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

I would like to find a leather shop that could remove the welting in the seams of the vintage Everlast bags. I pulled one of my 4200's inside out to get a good look at the panels and seams. It doesn't look like a difficult job, if you know how to sew.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...