• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedslug
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

I hate it too, dead non-bounce. But I think it might be the synthetic material, not the light weight. My new Bulgarian bag is lighter and larger, and had a ton of bounce.
    Just had title atomic xxs shipped to England from USA, more rebound on my own nutsack
    Last edited by Speedslug; 10-21-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Your 4th post in two years, one line, and you managed to use the American favored 'nutsack'. lmao. cheers mate.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedslug
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2017

Yer I’m sick of internet Facebook crap tbh so don’t go online much other than banking, an thats not a spelling mistake I mean internet banking.....
        seriously underwhelmed with this title atomic bag tho, trouble is I’m a cheap skate so don’t like splashing out on something I just beat up either, and I don’t mean the wife.... she’s actually bigger than me these days so that’s defo not happening

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

I don't know whether or not I mentioned this already and frankly I don't care to look back. But last night I was reminded just how much I regret buying the Ringside Ultra-Rebound bag.. This bag requires a certain kind of bladder that has the nipple almost off to the side of the bag. About 2"s off center of the bottom. Getting at the bladder is a whole other ball of shitty wax as it is sewn into the bag in such a way that it looks like I'm going to have to gently cut it out with a carpet knife.

Just a bloody dumb bag purchase. Definitely giving it away at the next event.. somebody else can share in my misery and invent new colorful words as I have. Gadzooks!!
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mickey Dix
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jul 2019

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
            I don't know whether or not I mentioned this already and frankly I don't care to look back. But last night I was reminded just how much I regret buying the Ringside Ultra-Rebound bag.. This bag requires a certain kind of bladder that has the nipple almost off to the side of the bag. About 2"s off center of the bottom. Getting at the bladder is a whole other ball of shitty wax as it is sewn into the bag in such a way that it looks like I'm going to have to gently cut it out with a carpet knife.

Just a bloody dumb bag purchase. Definitely giving it away at the next event.. somebody else can share in my misery and invent new colorful words as I have. Gadzooks!!
            I have the ringside ultra-rebound bag also. I have not tried to change bladder yet. It doesn’t see the arcswivel much . I do not like the shape it seems out of wack even after I have been beating the hell out of it. My bag is a 9/6 and I will not purchase any other size.

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post

I have the ringside ultra-rebound bag also. I have not tried to change bladder yet. It doesn’t see the arcswivel much . I do not like the shape it seems out of wack even after I have been beating the hell out of it. My bag is a 9/6 and I will not purchase any other size.
              Yeah I agree, I don't know what to make of that bag. Ultra rebound is even a stupid name. It's certainly not meant for Bible baggin. This leaves it for boxing style on a U-bolt. Compare it to any Cleto for boxing style and there is no comparison so if you have a Cleto.. the ULTRA REBOUND is completely useless. What a dud.

/rant

Editing to say: Mickey.. I know you don't want another of these bags, but if you come to SB 11 I'll give you my 5-8. Although I guess that's like me saying "here Mickey, you throw this out" lol

Meh
              Last edited by BagBoy; 11-09-2019, 10:38 PM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jul 2019

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

Yeah I agree, I don't know what to make of that bag. Ultra rebound is even a stupid name. It's certainly not meant for Bible baggin. This leaves it for boxing style on a U-bolt. Compare it to any Cleto for boxing style and there is no comparison so if you have a Cleto.. the ULTRA REBOUND is completely useless. What a dud.

/rant

Editing to say: Mickey.. I know you don't want another of these bags, but if you come to SB 11 I'll give you my 5-8. Although I guess that's like me saying "here Mickey, you throw this out" lol

Meh
                Hi Bagboy,Thanks for the offer thats very nice of you. I would have to say no because I wouldn’t use it much and would hate to waist it.Ill be at SB11 to smack it around though

Comment

• BagBoy
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post

Hi Bagboy,Thanks for the offer thats very nice of you. I would have to say no because I wouldn’t use it much and would hate to waist it.Ill be at SB11 to smack it around though
                  Know what, I'll bring it for signatures! Eureka

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jul 2019

That’s a good idea !!!!

Comment

• m.breen
                      • Jan 2017

Ringside ultra rebound xtra small. These are $150 in Toronto. So when I saw it on sale on amazon for $50, I jumped at it. On top of it being a dud, the leather started cracking almost right away.

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by m.breen View Post
                        Ringside ultra rebound xtra small. These are $150 in Toronto. So when I saw it on sale on amazon for $50, I jumped at it. On top of it being a dud, the leather started cracking almost right away.
                        Yet one more for the ringside ultra rebound. Beginning to see a pattern here.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2018

I know there are some guys who have picked up the fighting sports bags or bag and got rid of them. I picked up the 5" (white) and the 6" (black n white) and found them to be quite sluggish. I swapped out the bladders in each of them and this greatly improved both. I do like them now but still wouldn't buy or recommend. BTW the leather at the bottom of these bags is ridiculously thick and the only bladder I could successfully install in these bags were bladders with a long valve. I really wish Enkay would lengthen their glue in bladder valves.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

BagBoy, you can superglue a small piece of rubber hose to the end of the valve to lengthen it.
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2018

Rusty, admittingly I have not tried that but with my meat-hook ham-hands I'd no doubt get glue right in the air passage. leather was so thickly layered at the bottoms of the fight sports that I had to use needle nose plyers to kind of stretch the hole out just so I could work the longer valve of everlast orange bladders in there. The Title orange bladders that I used to be able to get had a long valve but now when you order from title for a (title orange) you get the short valve enkay.
                              Please do let us know when you start manufacturing bag bladders. I'll stock up!

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Oct 2016

IMO, the Enkay brand bladders are the best available. They do have a patent for a way to make them that reduces pressure loss thru the latex.

I post pics in a thread long ago how I do this. The pics probably are gone now. Basically, get a rubber hose with an outer and inner diameter close to that of the Enkay nipple, put a little superglue on the end of a rubber hose and cement it together. Maybe cut the other end into a point to help feeding it through. After you get the hose fed thru and the bladder in position, you can hold the valve and snip off the hose with maybe 1/8" protruding from the bag. Just enough to let you get the needle in to fill the bladder. If you don't want to go thru all of that, just get a 1/4" tall piece of rubber hose and glue that to the valve nipple. Voila, you got a long valve Enkay. Just use something like EDPM or natural rubber air hose. Don't use silicone, the superglue won't stick.
                                @ArcSwivel
                                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...