Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beancooker
    replied
    Bought a Title Gyro bag. Lopsided and weird to hit. Goes funky from time to time. Called Title and they’re replacing.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Thanks Dutchman.

Mickey, I don't have a 4205 but there was one in new out of the box looking condition on ebay a few days ago. Might still be there.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    It's passable with the replacement bladder, but in comparison to the Everlast 4205, it's no contest. I get the impression is that they tried to offer a "big" bag that could be used on the omnipresent 24" platforms. It fits, but it's not the most satisfying large bag that I've hit.
    Hi Bag boy, how do you like hitting the Everlast 4205? I guess it is leaps and bounds better then the Title blue?

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

paranday is yours just a lemon or are the big blue's in general an entire line o lemons? I have always thought about picking one up (because I like blue) but I've read too many negative sentiments on the dang thing.

I have my Gyro's listed locally and nobody's biting. Until the next gathering when I'll just give them away, I'm stuck with them.
    It's passable with the replacement bladder, but in comparison to the Everlast 4205, it's no contest. I get the impression is that they tried to offer a "big" bag that could be used on the omnipresent 24" platforms. It fits, but it's not the most satisfying large bag that I've hit.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

paranday is yours just a lemon or are the big blue's in general an entire line o lemons? I have always thought about picking one up (because I like blue) but I've read too many negative sentiments on the dang thing.

I have my Gyro's listed locally and nobody's biting. Until the next gathering when I'll just give them away, I'm stuck with them.
    Do you have all three gyro sizes? My husband seems to like them but he does seem to be more partial to his ringside heritage speed bags. It's nice that you say you will give them away at the next event.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Title Big Blue. Mine is sitting bladderless on the floor, gathering dust, disrespected. A speed bag should be fun. Big Blue is not. A cow died for this sin.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Title Big Blue. Mine is sitting bladderless on the floor, gathering dust, disrespected. A speed bag should be fun. Big Blue is not. A cow died for this sin.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    I'll add only now that I wouldn't have purchased any of the Title Gyro line. Amongst all the other better speed bags I have.. they, the gyro's, just sit in a box uninflated and bladderless.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Yep - the shape of the bags Everlast puts out these days is also atrocious IMO. I have the 6-9 and the 7-10 that I bought when I was starting out. The loops are also craaaazy long on them.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    I agree the everlast bags are so bad. I wish they would bring back some of the olds speedbags bags with the same specifications..A lot of speedbagers would be happy.I have to say I do like the bigger size kangaroo’s.
    Last edited by Mickey Dix; 12-10-2019, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    The NEW Everlast bags are trash. I bought two or three when I was starting out. All lopsided and just plain bad.

You may as well just give Everlast your wallet and let them kick you in the face.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    like this

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    IMO, the Enkay brand bladders are the best available. They do have a patent for a way to make them that reduces pressure loss thru the latex.

I post pics in a thread long ago how I do this. The pics probably are gone now. Basically, get a rubber hose with an outer and inner diameter close to that of the Enkay nipple, put a little superglue on the end of a rubber hose and cement it together. Maybe cut the other end into a point to help feeding it through. After you get the hose fed thru and the bladder in position, you can hold the valve and snip off the hose with maybe 1/8" protruding from the bag. Just enough to let you get the needle in to fill the bladder. If you don't want to go thru all of that, just get a 1/4" tall piece of rubber hose and glue that to the valve nipple. Voila, you got a long valve Enkay. Just use something like EDPM or natural rubber air hose. Don't use silicone, the superglue won't stick.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Rusty, admittingly I have not tried that but with my meat-hook ham-hands I'd no doubt get glue right in the air passage. leather was so thickly layered at the bottoms of the fight sports that I had to use needle nose plyers to kind of stretch the hole out just so I could work the longer valve of everlast orange bladders in there. The Title orange bladders that I used to be able to get had a long valve but now when you order from title for a (title orange) you get the short valve enkay.
    Please do let us know when you start manufacturing bag bladders. I'll stock up!

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    BagBoy, you can superglue a small piece of rubber hose to the end of the valve to lengthen it.

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...