• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouisvilleBagr
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jun 2019

Favorite Current Bag

Just wondering if I am missing any great bags currently available? At this point the Cletos and the Heritage/Ringside are my favorites. Keep in mind, all my new bags have been purchased within the last couple months.

I'm negotiating with Jim Bradley to get a Pro Ball over here. I read good things about them. Can anyone attest they are worth the toll?

Title...does anyone else feel like their bags are heavy/clunky? I have several. The $25 the Contender bag is by far my favorite. It has thin, soft leather and comes standard with the orange bladder. Is anyone else frustrated when they pay title a nice chunk of change for a bag, then immediately have to replace the dead black bladder with the orange?!?

Thanks in advance for any info. I hope there is a gem I'm missing out there somewhere?

Jesse
    Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-12-2019, 06:12 AM.
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

7 times o' 10 I'll say my Title Ali Authentic 5" (the maroon colored bag NOT the synthetic) The best and only way I can answer your question would be more like a desert island list of 5 bags.

Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Cazbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2018

BagBoy's 7 of 10 is a great bag, definitely in my top 15... or 5 I mean... Balaz laser is great bag IMO, I have 9x6 and 8x5. I hit the 9x6 exclusively pretty much the 1st year of bible'n. Title Perlious is a must however there has been mixed reports on incorrect bladder sizes sloppily installed. I have 8x5 and it was great from the get go. Love the 8x5 Title Black as well with bladder upgrade. I found that bag to be clunky in the beginning as well and I hate the "Quik Tech" bladders! The more you relax and get wrist movements with strikes the more the "clunkyness" goes away, atleast what I have found.

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
        BagBoy's 7 of 10 is a great bag, definitely in my top 15... or 5 I mean... Balaz laser is great bag IMO, I have 9x6 and 8x5. I hit the 9x6 exclusively pretty much the 1st year of bible'n. Title Perlious is a must however there has been mixed reports on incorrect bladder sizes sloppily installed. I have 8x5 and it was great from the get go. Love the 8x5 Title Black as well with bladder upgrade. I found that bag to be clunky in the beginning as well and I hate the "Quik Tech" bladders! The more you relax and get wrist movements with strikes the more the "clunkyness" goes away, atleast what I have found.
        I have the 6 Title Black with an orange bladder installed and that thing is an awesome bag. A tad miss shaped from some angles but it responds perfectly. At SBX we were talking about the 5" Black and I may have to pick that one up.

How do you like the 5" Black to the Ali? Assuming you've done the same bladder swap in both. We're definitely agreed an the quick tech bladders although... if you ever pick up a classic title 5 Yellow you might agree that there is no need to swap out the bladder in that one. I love the shape of that bag. You see forum member David Winkle hitting on that one a lot in his videos.

..and stop saying the Ali is in your (cough) "top 15"!!!

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Cazbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2018

I would say the Black is softer and more forgiving and Ali Authentic is heavier and faster. Both are awesome in their own way.
          I did not like this one! Love the color and that's about it... Click image for larger version

Name:	20190616_124149.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	114971

Comment

• Zaz
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
            Is anyone else frustrated when they pay title a nice chunk of change for a bag, then immediately have to replace the dead black bladder with the orange?!?
            I hesitated some time between the Heritage and Ali bag before i bough my Heritage bag. I finally chose the Heritage because i knew that i would not need to change the bladder immediately. I d'ont regret my choice, the Heritage is an awesome bag!
            Last edited by Zaz; 08-15-2019, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Zaz
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
              Just wondering if I am missing any great bags currently available?
              People rarely mention them on this forum but Rival make good speed bags. I love my Rival 9x6! Not the fastest bag i own, but it's well made and perfectly balanced.

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

I would say the Black is softer and more forgiving and Ali Authentic is heavier and faster. Both are awesome in their own way.
                I did not like this one! Love the color and that's about it... Click image for larger version

Name:	20190616_124149.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	114971
                I see the two Arc ball & shank hanging there on the SS swivel.. have you considered slapping one of those with tri-hook in the deville base you have? Assuming all parts fit together. #FrankenSwivel

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

I hesitated some time between the Heritage and Ali bag before i bough my Heritage bag. I finally chose the Heritage because i knew that i would not need to change the bladder immediately. I d'ont regret my choice, the Heritage is an awesome bag!
                  I have both heritage bags and yeah they are great! Both of them didn't hold air longer than a few days each. It's odd how that happens but both now have oranges in them. I still say that the heritage loop is ridiculously thick.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Jim Walker
                    • Dec 2018

I do not have as many bags as others on this forum, but I will review the ones I have.
                    I will begin with my #3 choice, which is the Reyes. I did not fully appreciate it until I received the Arc Swivel from Rusty last week. I finally had a decent swivel that it would fit on. The top two bags are about equal but different. Both are Jim Bradley. The regular (black) bag has a feel similar to the Reyes. It is heavier than the Reyes at 6.9 oz where the Reyes is 6.2 oz., but is a little faster and feels a lot better on the hands with much better seams. The Bradley Pro Ball is slightly larger, but only weighs 5.9 oz. It is just as fast if not more so than the Bradley regular bag and extremely forgiving on the hands. Both Bradley bags have a lining infused with flubber with the pro bag having a little more.

The other bags are shown in descending order of likeablily. I would choose the cheap $8 Wansda bag, which is decomposing, over the others pictured. It is a larger bag with a thin skin, fairly slow, but not as slow as one would expect from a low quality bag, and the seams are not as terrible as some of the other bags. My main dislike for these bags is that they just do not feel lively, and some are too small for my liking.
                    Last edited by Jim Walker; 08-15-2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Zaz
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

I have both heritage bags and yeah they are great! Both of them didn't hold air longer than a few days each. It's odd how that happens but both now have oranges in them. I still say that the heritage loop is ridiculously thick.
                      I agree that the loop on the heritage bag is too tick. i have 5 differents swivel and only the Arc swivel and the Title lightning fast swivel can acomodate my Heritage bags...

Comment

• Cazbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

I see the two Arc ball & shank hanging there on the SS swivel.. have you considered slapping one of those with tri-hook in the deville base you have? Assuming all parts fit together. #FrankenSwivel
                        That's a big negative. I have not mounted the Deville with Arc ball(no need really Arc ball has it's best home) but have paired the 2 in hand and they put the brakes on! I would imagine it would make for slow, skippy, squealing, jerky, frustrating bagging!

Comment

• Cazbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

Hey Jim, how long have you had the Jim Bradley bags, and did you purchase through them?

Comment

• BagBoy
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zaz View Post
                            I agree that the loop on the heritage bag is too tick. i have 5 differents swivel and only the Arc swivel and the Title lightning fast swivel can acomodate my Heritage bags...
                            They fit nicely on the Forza but that said I think the forza hook is waaay too wide. Don't think I've had a forza mounted for many months now.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Jim Walker
                              • Dec 2018

Hey Jim, how long have you had the Jim Bradley bags, and did you purchase through them?
                              I bought the first pro model on Ebay about 4 to 5 years ago and another one 2 years ago from Speed Bag Shack for $80. The black regular bag arrived last week from Jim Bradley in Australia for about $154 USD and that includes shipping. The bag itself was $85 USD. I noticed they have increased prices since I ordered it, but a lower price might can be found somewhere else in Australia or New Zealand. I was unable to find one for sale in the U.S. I also have the JB swivel. Hit on it for about two minutes before it became a wall decoration. It is fair for just hitting front to back but not great.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...