• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Me and my Balazs Lazer 8x5

I got my Balazs Lazer 8x5 today. It's actually about 7.5 x 5, but I'm starting to see that the measurements on bags seem to vary quite a bit. This really is a super nice bag. You can see and feel a very high quality right way. I went through the instructions by the letter. First pump up to 2 lbs, roll it around on a flat surface for awhile and wait 15 minutes to pump up to 6 and then deflate to 5. Used Vasaline instead of spit to insert needle and lubed up the inside of the loop. Used the air gauge that came with it to double check the pressure. All systems go.
    I thought the bag would probably go all over the place at 5 lbs but it didn't. I didn't have to reduce the pressure at all. I frequently change out my swivels depending on which bag I'm using. Don't know why but some bags I can control better on the Deville than the Powerswivel. I started out on the Deville but changed to the Powerswivel and I seemed to have more control with it. It is a heavier bag for it's size but it has a nice rebound. Not as bouncy as my Leone, which actually makes it easier to control for me. I really like this bag. I think it definitely was worth the $84.00. So here's a pic, sorry no video's, maybe when I'm a little more accomplished.

fedora
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

And now we know why your name is Fedora..

nice hat!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• AtTheCross
      • Dec 2012

yep, i like my balazs too!

+1 on the hat
      1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
      Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
      DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
      Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
      Retired Bags:
      Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• florian 380
        • Nov 2012

Cool picture and nice bag collection !!!!!

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

The hat is nice...but I love the 'Stach'!
          What a glorious lip jacket....

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

10 speedbags and 50 fedora's. Too many years collecting. The stach just seems to grow the way it wants to. Thanks for the compliment.

fedora

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great looking lid. But, Fedora, I moustache you a question. How long have you had your moustache?

Also, what is that object in the upper right hand corner of the pic?

Comment

• fedora
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                Great looking lid. But, Fedora, I moustache you a question. How long have you had your moustache?

Also, what is that object in the upper right hand corner of the pic?
                I started growing a moustache when I was 19 after I got out of Navy bootcamp. I had to keep it shorter when I was in the service, but after I got out I let it grow for 6 years without a trim. I could pull the ends of each side up to my ears. I've only shaved it off twice since then. Once when I got married and 28 years ago after my last daughter was born. I have to keep it under control or it would be out to my ears again. At my age it doesn't look that good being that long. I get called "The Monopoly Man' enough as it is.

I think the object you are referring to is a vintage wall sconce light fixture and you are looking into the brass socket. My house is 100 years old and we've collected quite a bit of vintage stuff over the 27 years of living in it. My garage is probably a site "The Pickers" would like to go through.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                  love the hat fedora, do you bag with it ? the only reason i wouldn't get that bag is i'm just tired of the boring black bags. if they made a multi color pannel bag then i would purchase one ;-)...ralph
                  If I have it on when I go out to the garage, I leave it on when I bag. It really doesn't get in the way. I'm like you when it comes to having the same old thing. I love variety. But fortunately for me out of 10 bags, the Balazs is only the second black one I have. Working the narrower shape of the Balazs 8x5 compared to my other 8x5s has sharpened up my focus.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...