• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Ringside Heritage 9x6

I wanted to try this bag out because it's thinner than all my other "fatter" bags. I really don't have much to add to what Bag-a-holic and ZaZa said about it. I should add this though, that I noticed the same problem with inflation on it as I did my Leone. Too much air, too little control. It took some adjustment to get it right so it wouldn't be so wonky. 4 lbs is way too much. I think I had to put it down just under 3. As I get better with it I may be able to up it some but not by much.

I like having the variety in shapes as it keeps me having to adjust from bag to bag which I feel is helping my overall improvement in all techniques. It is a high quality bag and performs great so I am glad I got it.
    However:
    About the price, I got a 15% discount off the normal $99.99. But to be honest I can't say I like it any better than my Leone which was only $50.00. It does have a more substantial leather and does have a great rebound but I'm not sure it's worth paying $100.00 for. IMHO. But that may change as I use it more.

fedora
    Last edited by fedora; 01-22-2013, 10:56 PM.
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

I just put it on the swivel again yesterday after using the Balazs for the last few days and I actually liked it better than when I first got it. It has a better rebound than the Balazs but I think the Balazs is a higher quality made bag. With the discount price on the Heritage it put it at about the same price as the Balazs. I'm just not sure it's worth the full $100. especially when you consider it is made in Pakistan.
    But that's just a novice's opinion. There are people here with a lot more experience than me that can probably do a wider comparison to other bags.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      here's the thing about having different bag shapes, sizes and weights is you have to addjust your striking and timing to the bag, also some bags have a bigger sweet spot and others have a smaller one, and the sweet spot will be higher on some bags and lower on others. this is why it's good to have the different bags, it brings your striking and timing skill level up higher. :-)...ralph
      Thanks for letting me know that as I was doing a lot of bag changing just because I'd get bored hitting the same bag. I was wondering if that was helping my techniques or hurting them. I change out the swivels a lot too, again just for the variety. I have noticed that some bags are easier to do some techniques on than others.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
        Thanks for letting me know that as I was doing a lot of bag changing just because I'd get bored hitting the same bag. I was wondering if that was helping my techniques or hurting them. I change out the swivels a lot too, again just for the variety. I have noticed that some bags are easier to do some techniques on than others.

fedora
        IMO, every bag has it's own "personality" and you can never know how one will react over the other. They are all individuals.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          They are all individuals.

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

Hmmm, for some reason that bag looks familiar.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...