• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

VIDEO of the 7x10 Pro Mex

This is the Pro Mex 7x10 speed bag, with the Orange Title replacement bladder in the 4x7 to 5x8 size.

The 4x7 bladder in this 7x10 bag seems kinda odd, but the Pro Mex bag sizes run very small. The 7x10 Pro Mex is in between the 5x8, and 6x9 sizes of the Title Standard Pro bags. I really Dig this bag and Bladder Combo. It has a nice bouncy feel, and is very well balanced, and forgiving.

Please Excuse the blurring of some of the speed bag combos. I used YouTube's face burring app, and in some places in the video the app recognized my fists as two other faces in the video

Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Dang ebo, your control and double bumping elbows is just getting better and better. I never fail to be dumbfounded at your combinations. Beautiful stuff...

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

He Dew...

Ebo - Your bringing that "Dew" great to see an elite 5 star (board) general bring the technique and combinations under the wood.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

You're an intelligent bagging machine, one of a kind, superb control. One need only listen and know it is you.
        Last edited by paranday; 01-13-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• ebozyn
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2010

AK, G-Town, and Paranday. Thanks Guys.

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
            This is the Pro Mex 7x10 speed bag, with the Orange Title replacement bladder in the 4x7 to 5x8 size.

The 4x7 bladder in this 7x10 bag seems kinda odd, but the Pro Mex bag sizes run very small. The 7x10 Pro Mex is in between the 5x8, and 6x9 sizes of the Title Standard Pro bags. I really Dig this bag and Bladder Combo. It has a nice bouncy feel, and is very well balanced, and forgiving.

Please Excuse the blurring of some of the speed bag combos. I used YouTube's face burring app, and in some places in the video the app recognized my fists as two other faces in the video

Stunning speedbagging skills and control!!!!

I wanted inquire about the swivel you are using. I see you using the plastic everlast swivel. I have one of those too, but my S-hook and eye hook is shiny and like chrome plated plated or something, and makes alot of noise(at those specific points, between the two). Your seems not to have any metal noise at all. Did you modify or replace the stock S and eye hooks? And if so, would you mind sharing what you used?
            Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM.
            -Anthony

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Bag-A-Holic View Post
              Stunning speedbagging skills and control!!!!

I wanted inquire about the swivel you are using. I see you using the plastic everlast swivel. I have one of those too, but my S-hook and eye hook is shiny and like chrome plated plated or something, and makes alot of noise(at those specific points, between the two). Your seems not to have any metal noise at all. Did you modify or replace the stock S and eye hooks? And if so, would you mind sharing what you used?
              Thanks For checkin' out the VID.

I have experimented with a few ways of cutting down the noise levels of some different swivels. Rubber o-rings, plastic tubing, ect. I have found the easiest way for me is to just keep a few rolls of different tapes by the boards at all times. (And lube all metal to metal contact points). Sure you'll have to replace the tape from time to time. But it's very fast, easy, and cheap.

As for the noise made between the eyelet and S-Hook specifically... The one main thing i've noticed is that, as bagging skills get sharper there are less, and less miss-hits. Which is usually what causes most of the noise from that conection point. (hitting the bag at a slightly upward angle will cause the joint between the eyelet and S-hook to jump, and "CLANK") Having said that i still use tape alot when i'm practicing, because i miss-hit ALOT when practicing difficult combos.

below are a couple of older videos i've made that are on the subject of swivel noise dampening, and lubing contact points.

I hope there's something here that can help you out.

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                • Apr 2011

Thanks For checkin' out the VID.

I have experimented with a few ways of cutting down the noise levels of some different swivels. Rubber o-rings, plastic tubing, ect. I have found the easiest way for me is to just keep a few rolls of different tapes by the boards at all times. (And lube all metal to metal contact points). Sure you'll have to replace the tape from time to time. But it's very fast, easy, and cheap.

As for the noise made between the eyelet and S-Hook specifically... The one main thing i've noticed is that, as bagging skills get sharper there are less, and less miss-hits. Which is usually what causes most of the noise from that conection point. (hitting the bag at a slightly upward angle will cause the joint between the eyelet and S-hook to jump, and "CLANK") Having said that i still use tape alot when i'm practicing, because i miss-hit ALOT when practicing difficult combos.

below are a couple of older videos i've made that are on the subject of swivel noise dampening, and lubing contact points.

I hope there's something here that can help you out.

Hey thanks for the quick response!!! Ok, so just tape on the base of the eyelet. That seemed to do the trick. Did you use (I see it was blue in video, was it duck, electrical, or masking tape?) I tried something similar w/ scotch tape earlier but i think there was oil on the eyelet plus the tape wasnt neat, thin and straight like you have. It seemed to work at those contact points but quickly fell off. I then thought maybe liquid tape or the rubber coating you dip tool handles into, might be a more permanent alternative?

But just tape on the base of the eye, like you mentioned, would aleviate the noise at those contact points only, but a beginner like myself, may need to consider additional points as well, if trying to get rid of all the noise. You clearly have NO noise in the other areas, but have you ever in the past, maybe when less experienced, experimented with reducing noise, caused from the other points?

I actually started a thread earlier, and mentioned some ideas about the reducing noise at those points. I notice three additional areas, 1) the one I mentioned about the eye and s hook connection. Yeah, I'm a beginnner, thus making the noise there very pronounced,but I noticed it much loader at that specific point on the everlast.(I think it a different metal and also it seems like a bigger eye opening too, compared to others) Mine is real shiny, yours looked like a dull finish though, and wasnt sure if you changed the stock or maybe had silver duck tape on it, or maybe worn it down from use. It could of also been made by a different manufacturere as well.

Also there are two other contact points, the back of the ball hitting the board. Which for a quick fix, I used a thick piece of cardboard between board and swivel, like a solid gasket, and it worked(not sure how long the cardboard will last, but easy to replace anyway), but there was still the base of the ball(where it comes out of the hole), and hits the swivel housing unit. It seems there so much room in that barrel, housing the ball, that the ball has room to move up and down and hit the board, and when coming back down, the housing unit as well. I thought maybe filling in the top with ball bearings to stop the movemnet up and down, but still allow the swivel ball to roll around in its ideal motion? Or another idea would be to just make it so that the back of the ball and the platform have less than 1/16 of inch clearance between the two. Any ideas on that aspect of it?

**Oh wait I think I just realized the significance of the second wider tape you used in the first taping ritual video here. Now I originally thought that was to hold the bag on the S hook only, but now looking closer, does that also act as a restraint between the eye and s-hook as well? Leaving it just enough room between the top of tape and the eye, that it can only slide like it should, but not allow it to move up and down and clank??
                Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-13-2013, 05:44 PM.
                -Anthony

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                  • Apr 2011

Speedbag Stop, and Spin Trick

Ebozyn: BTW, is there also a tutorial on your amazing speedbag stop, and also spin trick? They are so awesome to watch!
                  -Anthony

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                    • Jan 2012

I love watching you play Ebo! Really elegant!

It reminds me of watching classy close-up magic, or the video poker machines in Vegas where all you see is a black background with a pair of white-gloved hands expertly dealing out the cards.

You know, I envision a black backdrop, and a similar close-up of you working your magic. It's got to be marketable!

I'm using my weird swivel setup because it's quiet (and it's a disciplinarian), but I imagine once you do achieve some control, you can keep the noise to a minimum on a ball-hook. I'm almost ready to pull those looong wood screws out and try something new.

Thanks for the video(s)!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Ebozyn: BTW, is there also a tutorial on your amazing speedbag stop, and also spin trick? They are so awesome to watch!
                      His skill and bag control is absolutely freaky. Never really seen it done at his level so beautifully. Bag Stops, spins, phantom punches, over and under elbows, double bump skills.

Freaky, but we just can't stop watching a true master while he works.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2010

I don't think i've ever shot any video that concentrates on how to do spins, or bag stops. Some day i may have to make some good high quality videos on stuff like that. some 720p or 1080p stuff. I'm working on getting a different camera.

Comment

• ebozyn
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2010

Thanks PD.

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
                          I love watching you play Ebo! Really elegant!

It reminds me of watching classy close-up magic, or the video poker machines in Vegas where all you see is a black background with a pair of white-gloved hands expertly dealing out the cards.

You know, I envision a black backdrop, and a similar close-up of you working your magic. It's got to be marketable!

I'm using my weird swivel setup because it's quiet (and it's a disciplinarian), but I imagine once you do achieve some control, you can keep the noise to a minimum on a ball-hook. I'm almost ready to pull those looong wood screws out and try something new.

Thanks for the video(s)!

Comment

• ebozyn
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2010

Thanks Alot AK.

I know sometimes you like to slow down the videos, and write down some of the different combos people are doing.

To see all the different subtleties of some of these combos a person should really see the unedited version of this video. (the version without the face blurring done to it) I may have to upload that version to youtube.

Thanks again man, glad you liked the baggin'.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            His skill and bag control is absolutely freaky. Never really seen it done at his level so beautifully. Bag Stops, spins, phantom punches, over and under elbows, double bump skills.

Freaky, but we just can't stop watching a true master while he works.
                            Last edited by ebozyn; 01-16-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thanks Alot AK.

I know sometimes you like to slow down the videos, and write down some of the different combos people are doing.

To see all the different subtleties of some of these combos a person should really see the unedited version of this video.
                              (the version without the face blurring done to it) I may have to upload that version to youtube.

Thanks again man, glad you liked the baggin'.
                              All the great ones were eventually unmasked. Zorro, Batman, Spiderman, the lone ranger.

and now it's your turn. There's gotta be some music worthy of this somewhere. I'm hearing immediates "The Reluctant Warrior" in my head to this, which is a piece that has a beat that matches your combination speed pretty close.

the video starts with your face masked, hitting pretty normal, throwing some cool combinations for a while, nothing outrageous. Your combinations build more complex. Then your patented bag stop underneath at 1:20. Then you start punching again With a slow dissolve the mask fades away at 1:22 to reveal the real you, ripping out those amazing over and unders, spins...

now that's entertainment!

(or, at least how I'd do it. )
                              Last edited by Speedbag; 01-16-2013, 03:08 AM.
                              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...