• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Ringside Chainlink Pro Swivel Model PS

The Ringside Chainlink Swivel Model/SKU # PS. It costs around $20. It's of a nice Solid construction. I found it to be a nice fast swivel.

Most baggers know what the Chainlink Vs Ballhook game is all about. But this is the first swivel other than a ball-hook that i have ever hit on, and now i know why ball-hooks are the choice of most baggers that do anything outside of straight punches. If i were going to do some speed bagging in the "boxing training style" i think i would be happy with using this swivel. I never really put any of my faster bags on this thing, mainly because it's kind of a pain to remove one bag, and hang another. But i can imagine with any of the faster bags on this swivel , this thing would FLY.

What the ball-hook swivel brings in one word is, consistency. I did some Okay bagging on this chainlink swivel, but every now and then when i went to change the direction of the bag, the hinges on the chainlink would not be lined up right to bend at that moment , and the swivel's hinge system would lock up for just a split second. More times than not this Locking of the hinge would cause the bag to "helicopter" out of control. It is hard enough to deal with sending the bag off in a direction you never intended it to go when you know you mis-hit it, but when you know you're making clean accurate contact with the bag, and it goes flying off because of the swivel's design, that's almost impossible to tolerate.

Anyways i purchased this swivel to chop it in to pieces, and to try to make a good ball-hook swivel out of it as a fun project. When i first opened the box and pulled out this nice shiny swivel, i was thinking "am i going to be able to take this brand new swivel and cut it up?" After hitting bag on it for about 30 minutes, i had no problems with carving this thing up like a Christmas goose.

Here's a video of just after i first installed this swivel on my board, and gave it a test run.
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

[QUOTE=ebozyn;32384]... What the ball-hook swivel brings in one word is, consistency. I did some Okay bagging on this chainlink swivel, but every now and then when i went to change the direction of the bag, the hinges on the chainlink would not be lined up right to bend at that moment , and the swivel's hinge system would lock up for just a split second. More times than not this Locking of the hinge would cause the bag to "helicopter" out of control. It is hard enough to deal with sending the bag off in a direction you never intended it to go when you know you mis-hit it, but when you know you're making clean accurate contact with the bag, and it goes flying off because of the swivel's design, that's almost impossible to tolerate.

EXACTLY! I've been saying that "officially" since about 1985.
    The only "production swivel" that can guarentee consistency of rebound is a Ballhook. You try doing your amazing combo's from all around the bag on any other swivel and you will quickly find out why. The swivel design (chain link, U-bolt...) messes with the rebound due to the mechanics of the swivel and alignment of the parts.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...