Everlast Elite/walmart

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010
    • 250

    Everlast Elite/walmart

    Ok I had ordered a Everlast Elite platform from walmart.com. When I finally got it and unpacked it the wood venier or whatever was peeling off!! Should of took pics. Needless to say I Immediately took it back. When I got to the store where I had picked it up from they informed me they would credit the credit card, and I would have to go home and reorder it. Now I'm getting a little hot. I was sent a defective product, and your telling me I have to bend over backwards to give you my money. I don't think so. They informed me .com and the stores are 2 different entities. Walmart is Walmart to me. So I insisted they get .com on the phone. They looked at me like I was crazy,and took forever to even find the #. Once I got the lady on the phone and explained my situation she was very helpful.

    Within 3 days I just got my new platform delivered to my house which is Beautiful. The wood is like silk, it has a darker reddish look to it, and it came with the Ubolt swivel. I'm pretty happy about this

    I hate complaining and being that guy in the store,but thats ridiculous Walmart is getting to big for they're britches.

    Also Brian mentioned some bag differences I have I'm working on a slide show vid to explain those. One of those bags is a Walmart bag go figure.
  • david.yurik@gmail.com
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2015
    • 4

    #2
    Wow 5 year old threads are all I can find in the search on this Everlast Elite. I just ordered one from Amazon ( total neewbie ) as my first set. Lets hope I don't have any of these wood issues like sparky. I have an older 4213 black large Everlast bag. I hope it fits or that great deal without bag wont be such a great deal after all.

    Dave

    Comment

    • Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

      • Feb 2006
      • 7118

      #3
      Originally posted by david.yurik@gmail.com View Post
      Wow 5 year old threads are all I can find in the search on this Everlast Elite. I just ordered one from Amazon ( total neewbie ) as my first set. Lets hope I don't have any of these wood issues like sparky. I have an older 4213 black large Everlast bag. I hope it fits or that great deal without bag wont be such a great deal after all.

      Dave
      We have used numerous everlast elites at the gathering in New Jersey and by and large they hold up fine. Do I prefer the Balasz I-box? Absolutely, without question, but Normally it's all in how you hang it. I've helped several people put them up and they use them on a regular basis.

      why, here is one now....getting whooped, gangnam style!



      Punch Drumming to the South Korean hit Gangnam Style!Website: mattsantiago.com


      now that's baggin!
      Last edited by Speedbag; 03-30-2015, 07:47 AM.
      Speed Bag

      Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...


      sigpic

      The Art of the Bag

      Comment

      • david.yurik@gmail.com
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2015
        • 4

        #4
        What bag height?

        Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        why, here is one now....getting whooped, gangnam style!

        Punch Drumming to the South Korean hit Gangnam Style!Website: mattsantiago.com

        now that's baggin!
        Good Lord above dude you are sick on that thing!! Thats going to take a year to learn. If not more. From my searches it seems like I should mount this to the wall with the belly of the bag at my chin. Is that correct?

        Dave

        Comment

        • Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

          • Feb 2006
          • 7118

          #5
          Originally posted by david.yurik@gmail.com View Post
          Good Lord above dude you are sick on that thing!! Thats going to take a year to learn. If not more. From my searches it seems like I should mount this to the wall with the belly of the bag at my chin. Is that correct?

          Dave
          You are correct that the belly (fattest part of bag) should be at your chin, but the board itself is adjustable up and down so you can adjust it up or down to get the belly of ANY bag at your chin. A smaller fast bag (8x5 or 7x4) is much shorter than a larger bag like 11x8 or 12x10. When changing bags from one size to the other you may have to adjust the board up to three or more inches. And then of course you may have to adjust again for others using your board, especially if there is a large Height difference between you.

          But this board adjusts pretty easy if I remember right, so It won't take long.

          If think that guy in the above video is good, then you should see his twin brother.....

          Last edited by Speedbag; 03-30-2015, 07:28 PM.
          Speed Bag

          Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...


          sigpic

          The Art of the Bag

          Comment

          • david.yurik@gmail.com
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2015
            • 4

            #6
            holy moly

            Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            You are correct that the belly (fattest part of bag) should be at your chin, but the board itself is adjustable up and down so you can adjust it up or down to get the belly of ANY bag at your chin. A smaller fast bag (8x5 or 7x4) is much shorter than a larger bag like 11x8 or 12x10. When changing bags from one size to the other you may have to adjust the board up to three or more inches. And then of course you may have to adjust again for others using your board, especially if there is a large Height difference between you.

            But this board adjusts pretty easy if I remember right, so It won't take long.

            If think that guy in the above video is good, then you should see his twin brother.....

            Its absolutely sick how much hand eye coordination and timing some people have. Wow !! I hung mine right. I have an older large bag ( ? x 12 ) so I mounted the board at the top slot with the 12" bag belly at my mouth / chin. I hit it just fine for a noob. I will be able to lower it when this swivel / bag wear out and I can finally use some of the better stuff. I feel like i'm sitting at the kid table on Thanksgiving. Ha!

            Dave

            Comment

            • david.yurik@gmail.com
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2015
              • 4

              #7
              That link had alot of good info in it. Thanks.

              Dave

              Comment

              • Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

                • Feb 2006
                • 7118

                #8
                Originally posted by david.yurik@gmail.com View Post
                That link had alot of good info in it. Thanks.

                Dave
                That's to my website Speedbagcentral.com



                thanks.
                Speed Bag

                Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...


                sigpic

                The Art of the Bag

                Comment

                • Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 2000

                  #9
                  Let us on forget this one....
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

                  Comment

                  • Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

                    • Feb 2006
                    • 7118

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                    Let us on forget this one....


                    Oh Geez!!

                    this guy is TRIPLETS!!??
                    Speed Bag

                    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...


                    sigpic

                    The Art of the Bag

                    Comment

                    Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...