• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanoncs
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    RE the lopsided bag.... You may want to get a Title bag for comparison's sake, or a replacement Everlast bag.
    Ok so I took the bladder out and saw that the bladder was too big for the bag and was folding over, I'm thinking that is contributing to the off balance. but, it's too late; yesterday when I was trying it for the second time(before I opend it and saw the bladder problem) the bag riped in two spots. And I've been reading about bags and i'm realizing that most bags are all hit or miss, So i'm thinking of only buying one from a local store so if it's bad I can just return it. What about the everlast "Nevertear" bags you can get in stores, It has a weave, kind of like carbon fiber.

Comment

• Simpleman
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2009

know I'm late for the party, but I'd like to throw my .02 on some of the problems I saw come up in some of the replies..

For the speed bag platform I put a bag of old clothes on top of the platform. Just the other day I added some left over sand that I used to make some medicine balls into the bag to give it a little bit more weight. It stays pretty still. And the rebound works better than if I didn't have anything up there.

As for the Heavy bag I took the chains that came with the bag off. I used the ones that came with the stand, but I moved the "S" hooks up some so the bag wouldn't be so low. I also duct taped the ends so they wouldn't cut into the bag...

Anyway the stand is the best thing when your wife doesn't want you to put holes in the ceiling..

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Simpleman View Post
        know I'm late for the party, but I'd like to throw my .02 on some of the problems I saw come up in some of the replies..

For the speed bag platform I put a bag of old clothes on top of the platform. Just the other day I added some left over sand that I used to make some medicine balls into the bag to give it a little bit more weight. It stays pretty still. And the rebound works better than if I didn't have anything up there.

As for the Heavy bag I took the chains that came with the bag off. I used the ones that came with the stand, but I moved the "S" hooks up some so the bag wouldn't be so low. I also duct taped the ends so they wouldn't cut into the bag...

Anyway the stand is the best thing when your wife doesn't want you to put holes in the ceiling..

for sure if i cudnt put up a wall unit i wud definitely get a free standing unit...something is better than nothing
        ________
        Web Shows
        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• biguglybear
          • Mar 2010

So, how are you progressing with that Everlast stand? I had the Century stand, and I almost wanted to give up speedbagging I was so frustrated with the vibration and attempts to fix it. I had to go to a wall mount. I see Tim proves that a stand will work, though!

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by biguglybear View Post
            So, how are you progressing with that Everlast stand? I had the Century stand, and I almost wanted to give up speedbagging I was so frustrated with the vibration and attempts to fix it. I had to go to a wall mount. I see Tim proves that a stand will work, though!
            Keep in mind I also gave up on the free standing at some point. I progressed to the point where the vibration was holding me back. I eventually went wall mount. I still think a free standing is better than nothing though!

Comment

• biguglybear
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Keep in mind I also gave up on the free standing at some point. I progressed to the point where the vibration was holding me back. I eventually went wall mount. I still think a free standing is better than nothing though!
              Oh, I gave the stand up, too. I was just pointing out that if a stand is your only option, it will work. It just takes a hell of a lot more patience.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by biguglybear View Post
                Oh, I gave the stand up, too. I was just pointing out that if a stand is your only option, it will work. It just takes a hell of a lot more patience.
                And a lot less power. At mid speed and power most are passable. Not a lot of fun, but passable.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...